Post-Game Talk: Avs lose 4-3

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
The top 2 lines need to start doing their job.

Both Mack and Duchene need new wingers, IMO. It's too bad we don't have three Tanguay's on the team because the puck control, calmness, and playmaking ability would be extremely beneficial for them.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Both Mack and Duchene need new wingers, IMO. It's too bad we don't have three Tanguay's on the team because the puck control, calmness, and playmaking ability would be extremely beneficial for them.

I'm not saying it was you, but there were quite a few people here wanting to waive Tanguay after the first five games. Things change quickly. And it probably will for the current top 6 wingers as well.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
I'm not saying it was you, but there were quite a few people here wanting to waive Tanguay after the first five games. Things change quickly. And it probably will for the current top 6 wingers as well.

Definitely wasn't me. I've always appreciated his game. Was perfect playing with both Sakic and Forsberg, and I think both Mack and Duchene could use someone with the same style.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Now is not the time to mess with the forward lines again. They just started looking like last year's team. Albeit a sloppier, less effective, and less creative version of that team, but they've found something to build on and that missing sharpness will come if they keep playing like they have these past two games.

Benching the General and calling up Siemens until Stuart is back while making sure that one of EJ, Barrie or Redmond is on the ice every minute of 5on5 hockey? Yeah, that would be great. But leave the forwards alone, give them at least 4-5 games together now that they're finally getting heads out of *****.

So true.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal

:O

Waiving Tanguay?

He's my favorite player and I don't even think he was that bad to start the year, just a bit slower than he should have been.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Not so sure they shouldn't tweak the lines again. Right now the bottom six is functioning properly, but now it's the top six that ain't cuttin' it. And that third line is excelling mainly because of the play of Alex Tanguay--the guy has made a career of making his linemates look great. Remember, he once made Brett McLean and Ian Laperriere into a scoring line the last time he was an Av. Everberg's play should not be overlooked, though, he's been doing good out there. As for Johnny Malkin, well, he's been decent, but far from great. I think Tangs has been making up for his many poor choices when he has the puck, but I counted at least two occasions he had the puck right in front of Mason and lost it in his skates.

I realize it might disrupt chemistry, but there are far too many players slumping to not try SOMETHING.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Not so sure they shouldn't tweak the lines again. Right now the bottom six is functioning properly, but now it's the top six that ain't cuttin' it. And that third line is excelling mainly because of the play of Alex Tanguay--the guy has made a career of making his linemates look great. Remember, he once made Brett McLean and Ian Laperriere into a scoring line the last time he was an Av. Everberg's play should not be overlooked, though, he's been doing good out there. As for Johnny Malkin, well, he's been decent, but far from great. I think Tangs has been making up for his many poor choices when he has the puck, but I counted at least two occasions he had the puck right in front of Mason and lost it in his skates.

I realize it might disrupt chemistry, but there are far too many players slumping to not try SOMETHING.

You realize that they just shook up the lines TWO games ago, right? Guys aren't just suddenly going to go into beast mode when we get the right line mix. Our big 4 have to work their ways back to their best, find their confidence and rediscover their best. They've start showing signs of being on the path to that since the last time we tried SOMETHING.

If Patrick shakes up the lines every two games we'll never get any momentum and our players will play way below themselves all year long.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
You realize that they just shook up the lines TWO games ago, right? Guys aren't just suddenly going to go into beast mode when we get the right line mix. Our big 4 have to work their ways back to their best, find their confidence and rediscover their best. They've start showing signs of being on the path to that since the last time we tried SOMETHING.

If Patrick shakes up the lines every two games we'll never get any momentum and our players will play way below themselves all year long.

Yeah, and in the worst way possible by putting Duchene and MacKinnon together.

I'll agree that switching around positions and roles won't necessarily lead to good things, but I don't think Roy can just sit around and hope things turn around when so many players just aren't getting it done.

I will also agree with those who have said that there is no way to mix these forwards one way without creating a severe deficit somewhere else. A change of some sort needs to happen...and frankly I'm not sure how that can be done right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad