BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
avalanche-card.jpg
flyer-card.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://avalanche.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2014020207&navid=DL|COL|home
AVALANCHE (4-6-5) at FLYERS (6-5-2)

TV: ALT, CSN-PH

Season series: The Philadelphia Flyers and Colorado Avalanche split two games last season, with each team winning on home ice. In their most recent game, the Flyers won 3-1 on Feb. 6. The Flyers have won three straight home games against the Avalanche, a stretch that dates to the 2008-09 season. The last time the Avalanche won in Philadelphia was Jan. 14, 2006.

Avalanche team scope: The Avalanche finished a three-game homestand with a shootout win against the Toronto Maple Leafs on Thursday, and the hope is the team can build on that win as it starts a four-game road trip in Philadelphia.

"It's nice, after struggling the last bit, to get a win here provides some momentum going on the road," center Ryan O'Reilly told the Avalanche website Friday. "There's always adjustments you need to make. Having some success against the Leafs should carry over."

Reto Berra, who made 35 saves in regulation and overtime before stopping one of two shots in the shootout, will be in net Saturday, coach Patrick Roy said.

Flyers team scope: Coach Craig Berube shook up his lines after one period Thursday against the Florida Panthers, moving Wayne Simmonds, a natural right wing, to left wing on the top line alongside center Claude Giroux and right wing Jakub Voracek.

Berube said Friday he intends to go into Saturday with that line together. The move came in part because Berube wanted to make sure Simmonds was getting the puck enough; after scoring six goals in his first three games, he has one goal in nine games.

"He [Simmonds] wasn't getting the puck enough on the other line. He's one of our best goal scorers and those guys play on the power play together. I talked to Simmer [Simmonds] about playing the left side and he said no problem. I just wanted to see it. Just looking for someone to get Simmer the puck a little more."

The Flyers also could have defenseman Braydon Coburn in the lineup. He hasn't played since sustaining a lower-body injury in the season opener Oct. 8.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The Heroes

Landeskog-Mackinnon-Iginla
O'Reilly-Duchene-McGinn
Tanguay-Mitchell-Everberg
McLeod-Cliche-Talbot

Hejda-Johnson
Guenin-Barrie
Holden-Redmond

Berra

The Villains

Simmonds-Giroux-Voracek
Umberger-Lecavalier-VandeVelde
Schenn-Couturier-Read
Rinaldo-Bellemare-Akeson

Grossmann-Streit
Del Zotto-Schultz
Colaiacovo-Schenn

Mason

-------------------------------------------------------------

131009GueninWelcomeAgent.jpg

"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain" - General Guenin

Last edited:

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
So unbelievably on point.

General Guenin would be proud.

No idea what to expect for tonight's game. Part of me believes winning last game is going to be the turn around point for this team, and will be the building point moving forward.

Another part of me believes were in for another disappointing game.

As long as we come out with the same amount of effort as we did against TOR Ill be happy. I'm more worried about our compete level in games then winning them right now. The Wins will come, but we have to be competitive first.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Those are posters, I can believe it. I more mean people paid to write stuff.

Well...lemme just say you seem to give more credit to journalists than they usually deserve. Most of them are clueless idiots to and there isn't much of a gap in knowledge between journos and posters. Just look at Dater and Chambers vs. this forum.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Well...lemme just say you seem to give more credit to journalists than they usually deserve. Most of them are clueless idiots to and there isn't much of a gap in knowledge between journos and posters. Just look at Dater and Chambers vs. this forum.

I wouldn't say credit, I have standards. :laugh: because people do take what's written by them as facts, that's the crazy part. But whatever, I don't trust anyone.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Randy Miller ‏@RandyJMiller 2m2 minutes ago Philadelphia, PA
Avs morning skate over. Entire team left arena except Briere. He just got off ice. Now on bench with his 3 sons #Flyers

Roy confirms Danny boy is a scratch.
https://twitter.com/ReluctantSE/status/531139227363590147

Feel for Danny a bit in that situation--I would have thought that against any team this year, he would have brought the most to playing against the Flyers.

I wonder when he'll get back in to the lineup? (not that I'm clamoring for it or anything)

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Feel for Danny a bit in that situation--I would have thought that against any team this year, he would have brought the most to playing against the Flyers.

I wonder when he'll get back in to the lineup? (not that I'm clamoring for it or anything)

I dont think he minds spending some extra hours with his sons instead.

"The longest part of the season is from the beginning of camp to this first trip to Philly," said Briere"

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

An injury probably.

I don't really understand, he wasn't amazing but any number of guys could stand to sit a bit. Maybe because he didn't really make sense in the 4th line and they can't change anyone on the 3rd line.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
An injury probably.

I don't really understand, he wasn't amazing but any number of guys could stand to sit a bit. Maybe because he didn't really make sense in the 4th line and they can't change anyone on the 3rd line.

He can't produce anymore and can't hold his own defensively even a little bit even if you give him the easiest minutes possible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad