Post-Game Talk: Avs @ Hawks l 2-3 L l An Ode to Tripping and Interference Non-Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I am having a HUGE problem with Stastny on the PP.

He takes his time.
When taking his time, gets pressured and throws the puck into space losing possession.
His passes are less powerful than a 4 year old girl.
He always loses every puck battle in the corners.
His decision making is around Winnik's level regarding offense.
Looks lost half of the time.

He has been great 5v5, but PP wise, dreadful.

He's definitely lost his ability to be a decent PP setup man. I've been critical of him this year, but I think he's played better recently, and played a strong 5 on 5 game tonight.

Dater's just trying to find a way to pad his Stastny might get traded story.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Please. Yes, we aren't a playoff team yet. But just look at our roster. A lot of young players in the same age-group with huge talent. Of course we will be a good team in a few years.

This is why I can't agree with people who say this team is headed in the right direction. There are games against weaker teams that Avs play good and win couple of games which makes Sacco look good. But this team needs to make Sacco look bad every single game so they can fire him.

Avs will eventually need a much better coach, might as well tank now and get him fired. Also this team needs d-men so badly. Barrie Elliott could be top 4, but they need a top pairing guy, Seth Jones would be what this team needs.

So my opinion of right direction for this team is a last place finish, most people won't agree, but how else this team will get better if not by drafting more top picks?

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
McGinn was arguably the best player on the ice for us tonight.

Agreed, he was fantastic. I think Dutchy was fantastic, but his frustration was making him a little selfish as the game drew to a close. He was trying to thread it through five red jerseys near the end of the game there.

O'Reilly is getting some of his mojo back...but he's clearly still a step behind.

Landeskog was a little off tonight. Had a couple bad shifts.

Barrie was definitely outclassed tonight. You can tell Q was zeroing in on him with some of his matchups.

In the end, the Avs played a solid, physical effort. I'm encouraged after seeing this game. Hopefully they come out just as strong in the next game.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I think they gave it their all tonight. I expect them to get blown out on Friday. :(

Yea I think that's probably the sad truth. Chicago was a little flat for the first two periods. The Avs played their best game of the season by far and got hosed by the refs.

Now both teams will go back to their normal style next game, and we'll probably lose 5-1.

ghostofweezman

Mar 3, 2013
PNW
Dater's just trying to find a way to pad his Stastny might get traded story.

He's always used #26 as a scapegoat. It's hilarious to watch him go silent when he can't figure out how to blame a loss on Stastny. It wasn't Paul's fault the AVs overpaid him.

What I look forward to is seeing who Dater will blame it on next. It won't be O'Money that's for damn sure.

Too many things wrong with this team. /mumbles-in-rage-and-tears

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
I don't have a problem with the Toews goal. Borderline interference and tbh that's the kinda thing our players need to do in order to win.

I loved Stastny's elbow though, we need more of that, best part is that he got away with it.

Effin Zanon almost injured our best player lol.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Dater "reporting" that Leafs are going after Stastny hard. I want their 1st round pick and a lot after that.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Dater: Here is what I've heard: Avs are considering trading him.

Him being Stastny who that hockeyyinsideerrrrrr is saying Leafs are going after, hard.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I think they gave it their all tonight. I expect them to get blown out on Friday. :(

Yeah...I agree. I almost miss the lockout. Kinda had hope back then that when it did end, the AVs wouldn't just be a mediocre team. It's not been an easy season to be a fan. Hopefully the deadline and draft will be kind to us.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Barrie was definitely outclassed tonight. You can tell Q was zeroing in on him with some of his matchups.

He had some troubles with Sharp and made one bad turnover, but he was still better than Hunwick. The rest of the D were surprisingly sharp.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Have the Avs won a game against a playoff team this season?

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Dater: Here is what I've heard: Avs are considering trading him.

Him being Stastny who that hockeyyinsideerrrrrr is saying Leafs are going after, hard.

Isn't Dater supposed to be a journalist with a grasp of what source criticism means?

Hockeyinsiderrrrrrrrrrrrrr has been shown to be a complete fraud over and over again.

Embarrassing for DP that their journalist try to stir **** up at every step just because he dislikes a player.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
I don't have a problem with the Toews goal. Borderline interference and tbh that's the kinda thing our players need to do in order to win.

I loved Stastny's elbow though, we need more of that, best part is that he got away with it.

The problem with that is if an Avs player were to knock someones stick out of their hands during a scoring chance, he would be called for interference before you could blink twice.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

You don't have a problem with the Toews goal? So I take it you were ok with the Corey Perry goal a few games back too? You kinda have a right to hold your stick, not have it slashed out of your hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad