Post-Game Talk: Avs @ Hawks l 2-3 L l An Ode to Tripping and Interference Non-Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
adater ‏@adater
Landeskog should not be paired with Stastny. Go back to OReilly and win some games. Otherwise, don't

Hard to disagree there.

Drij

Mar 5, 2007
So, that makes Stasnty's elbow legal?:laugh: Some of you guys are too much when the avs lose.

Who is to blame? The guy putting his arm to block someone from hitting him or the guy not looking where he is going?

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Dater is the ugly girl who is always talking S*** on some other girl's guy. Always stirring up drama in order to get the attention. Surprised there was not an "Anderson would have won this game" tagged on the end of it.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I just don't understand what Sacco's logic is. Do the assistant coaches even step up and say something? AT LEAST put Tyson Barrie back on the point, there is no need for O'Reilly to be back there that late but I knew his man-crush with O'Reilly would begin the second he signed, Barrie has been playing great lately and how do you reward the kid? By taking him off the 1st pp unit and putting a guy who had played 3 games there

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I sometimes wonder if Dater actually watches the games or not. More blind hate on Stastny again tonight. Stas and Landy were good, they had a few good chances down low behind the net, and Stas was very good defensively.

I really want to see these lines next game:

McPing - Duchene - PAP
Landy - ROR - Stas
Pajamas - Malkin - Jones
McCleod - Olver/Kobasew - Bordeleau

If Hejduk comes back then move Pajamas to the 4th line, and scratch Bordeleau.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Yea he played fine. It's just Dater trying to create another story out of thin air.

I am having a HUGE problem with Stastny on the PP.

He takes his time.
When taking his time, gets pressured and throws the puck into space losing possession.
His passes are less powerful than a 4 year old girl.
He always loses every puck battle in the corners.
His decision making is around Winnik's level regarding offense.
Looks lost half of the time.

He has been great 5v5, but PP wise, dreadful.

landesberg

varlamov4ever
May 29, 2011
London, ON
I'd rather double shift Barrie than have O'Reilly on the point. Take Jones off the PP because he was definitely on one of the units today.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I sometimes wonder if Dater actually watches the games or not. More blind hate on Stastny again tonight. Stas and Landy were good, they had a few good chances down low behind the net, and Stas was very good defensively.

I really want to see these lines next game:

McPing - Duchene - PAP
Landy - ROR - Stas
Pajamas - Malkin - Jones
McCleod - Olver/Kobasew - Bordeleau

If Hejduk comes back then move Pajamas to the 4th line, and scratch Bordeleau.

I though Palushaj had an outstanding game tonight, one of the, if not the hardest worker on the ice by far and the kid battles like crazy.

If you're going to scratch anybody, scratch that no good bum Jones, he does absolutely nothing out there. Keep Palushaj on the 3rd with Malkin and Hejduk, and keep Bordeleau on the 4th

hawk30

Oct 5, 2009
Rochester, NY
I am having a HUGE problem with Stastny on the PP.

He takes his time.
When taking his time, gets pressured and throws the puck into space losing possession.
His passes are less powerful than a 4 year old girl.
He always loses every puck battle in the corners.
His decision making is around Winnik's level regarding offense.
Looks lost half of the time.

He has been great 5v5, but PP wise, dreadful.
He probably is lost. I'm not sure anybody knows what's supposed to happen on our PPs.

It's a really terrible PP setup for him. Doesn't play to any of his strengths and exposes all of his weaknesses. Doesn't excuse poor play, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad