Post-Game Talk: Avs @ Hawks l 2-3 L l An Ode to Tripping and Interference Non-Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
david-and-goliath-sumos22.jpg

davidg_article.jpg

David&Goliath.jpg

Can Avs pull a David & Goliath tomorrow?

If they can't, then choose your poision.
CellarWineandSpirits056%5B1%5D.jpg

GDT MUSIC​

Pretty sure I posted this before, but it goes along with the thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

member 116861

20+ goals seems the most realistic so I voted for it.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
I don't know why, but I can't vote in the polls.

But I don't think they score that many. If Varly is on his game (which almost always is), this could easily be the best goaltender they have faced all year.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
have to imagine sacco's on a short leash if we lose this one , must win or we can fire up the tank again.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
have to imagine sacco's on a short leash if we lose this one , must win or we can fire up the tank again.

Hard to say. I'm thinking management wants to wait and see what Sacco does with a fully intact roster (sans Downie) for the first time this season. If the Avs continue to stumble, I won't be surprised if he's canned 5-6 games down the road.

IceRat

#BallsOutTheDoor
Mar 4, 2011
Hard to say. I'm thinking management wants to wait and see what Sacco does with a fully intact roster (sans Downie) for the first time this season. If the Avs continue to stumble, I won't be surprised if he's canned 5-6 games down the road.

I don't think so, with or without EJ or Wilson the leash got a whole lot tighter when the 6.5 MilliO'n DO'llar Man made his way into the lineup ... we are now 0'-1-1 with him and last in our division and second to last in the conference (sure we're only 6ish points out of the 3rd spot but tell that to our new coach :nod: )

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
I don't think so, with or without EJ or Wilson the leash got a whole lot tighter when the 6.5 MilliO'n DO'llar Man made his way into the lineup ... we are now 0'-1-1 with him and last in our division and second to last in the conference (sure we're only 6ish points out of the 3rd spot but tell that to our new coach :nod: )

this is my line thinking as well, if the kroenke's were paying attention to the team at any time at all this would be the time.

sacco's got two cracks at the hawks if we lose both i can imagine him being spotlighted.

IceRat

#BallsOutTheDoor
Mar 4, 2011
this is my line thinking as well, if the kroenke's were paying attention to the team at any time at all this would be the time.

sacco's got two cracks at the hawks if we lose both i can imagine him being spotlighted.

instead he'll be heralded as a Jack Adams finalist for breaking the mighty Hawks' streak :cry:

Last edited:

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
instead he'll be heralded as a Jack Adams finalist for breaking the mighty Hawk's streak :cry:

double edge'd sword, my personal opinion is that he may not be that bad of a coach, but he's been around for quite some time considering he has had very limited success. and may not have the confidence with some of the players on the team.

he beats the hawks he gains some serious time (summer) if we don't make the playoffs.

Mant*

So... one of the worst teams in the league's must-win games comes against the team that can't lose? Got some pretty big expectations there.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
So... one of the worst teams in the league's must-win games comes against the team that can't lose? Got some pretty big expectations there.

we come out 0-4 after the o'reilly signing management can't stand pat.

Mant*

we come out 0-4 after the o'reilly signing management can't stand pat.

The O'Reilly fiasco is on management, not the coach. It might be a different story if O'Money had been playing all this time for another NHL team and we just picked him up... but he hasn't, he's been sitting on his ass and isn't in game shape. Nobody is expecting him to be making any sort of impact yet.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
This seems like a game the Avs win. It's something they have no business doing and a smart fan would have zero hope for it, so of course they'll probably come out and knock Chicago's socks off 6-3 or something.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
The O'Reilly fiasco is on management, not the coach. It might be a different story if O'Money had been playing all this time for another NHL team and we just picked him up... but he hasn't, he's been sitting on his ass and isn't in game shape. Nobody is expecting him to be making any sort of impact yet.

my expectations for o'reilly aren't too high, just yet, but it just makes another excuse or reason why sacco can be let go, this team isn't scoring, hasn't looked like a playoff club in quite some time, we're on the verge of slipping into last place in the conference if we lose the next two games. and our team is nearly at full health, should be within the next two games (minus downie). even with the influx of wilson and johnson they aren't the difference in scoring that other goal or two, the on ice product has not been up to what joe sacco has been preaching about what they need to be.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Honestly Columbus looked better than us this season overall. We've had about 10 horrid games, 4 decent ones, and 7 in between.

No, but the signing looks bad if we go 0-4 with RoR back in the lineup at his current price tag, and that puts Sherman in the hot seat. Doesn't matter who's to blame, Sacco will be gone before Sherman unless he comes up big.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad