Proposal: Avs - Habs

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
How has Drouin plateaued? He was our best player before going down to injury. He was the most improved player on the team in all aspects of his game. Getting injured hurt the Habs badly.

Small sample size to justify Drouin.

He reached a career high of 53 points (twice), he was on pace to possibly reach 65 this season using a very small sample size. Burakovsky was buried under the Caps depth. After being traded to the AVs, is on a similar pace as Drouin this season, but on a larger same size of playing nearly 2.5X more games which is extraordinary.

Comparing the players, there really is little difference. Drouin is the better lateral skater and passer. Bura bigger with a wicked shot. AVs moved a 2nd + 3rd due to his poor seasons to obtain Burakovsky. Drouin poor attitude and unspectacular seasons, don't expect Byram+.

There is no chance the AVs or any team would offer Habs fans projected value for an underperforming player.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Small sample size to justify Drouin.

He reached a career high of 53 points (twice), he was on pace to possibly reach 65 this season using a very small sample size. Burakovsky was buried under the Caps depth. After being traded to the AVs, is on a similar pace as Drouin this season, but on a larger same size of playing nearly 2.5X more games which is extraordinary.

Comparing the players, there really is little difference. Drouin is the better lateral skater and passer. Bura bigger with a wicked shot. AVs moved a 2nd + 3rd due to his poor seasons to obtain Burakovsky. Drouin poor attitude and unspectacular seasons, don't expect Byram+.

There is no chance the AVs or any team would offer Habs fans projected value for an underperforming player.

I am not quite sure what you are trying to say. Drouin is not available for trade. Why would we trade him and especially for the OP's underwhelming offer?

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
I am not quite sure what you are trying to say. Drouin is not available for trade. Why would we trade him and especially for the OP's underwhelming offer?

I'm stating the obvious, Drouin is being over valued when comparable players are nowhere near these proposals. Do you seriously believe he's worth more than Byram? Newhook/Zadorov is an overpay without Petry (AVs don't want anyways).

Reactions: Avaholic29

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Drouin has plateaued and is nowhere near the same level as Byram. Petry is worth more to the Habs than with the AVs deeper DMen.

You mean the « underwhelming » level he’s been showing this year, including a very average WJC?

I can only wish Drouin ever gets to the level Byram is at the moment.

Alikhan Alizada

Jul 16, 2017
I'm stating the obvious, Drouin is being over valued when comparable players are nowhere near these proposals. Do you seriously believe he's worth more than Byram? Newhook/Zadorov is an overpay without Petry (AVs don't want anyways).

No you're right Gianni fairbrother has the same value as Byram. literally on pace for almost the same amount of points this year.
Fairbrother + Mete for Byram. Drouin isnt being overvalued. I wouldn't do Drouin alone for them 2. Zadorov is what?? a #5D?? Newhook is a B+ prospect. You're right overpayment.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
You mean the « underwhelming » level he’s been showing this year, including a very average WJC?

Did you watch the same WJC?

Byram was on the top line in a defensive role playing the most minutes. He was on the ice nearly the entire 3rd period to tie and win the Gold Medal.

I believe it was Romanov on the ice that was victimized with the late and game winning goals.

Reactions: Linds

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Did you watch the same WJC?

Byram was on the top line in a defensive role playing the most minutes. He was on the ice nearly the entire 3rd period to tie and win the Gold Medal.

I believe it was Romanov on the ice that was victimized with the late and game winning goals.

He had a very, very average WJC ans is having a regression compared to last year. Also, to answer your question, no it was not Romanov.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
He had a very, very average WJC ans is having a regression compared to last year. Also, to answer your question, no it was not Romanov.
I think he was more than fine. He was very average offensively but IMO he was very good in own end. He played tons of minute in the final against Russia and being trusted like that as a 18 years old player means alot. Also I would mostly prefer Byram working his defensive game than offense we already have Makar and Girard for that. If he can turn into a #1-2 great two-way dman or stay at home dman we will be freaking happy. Anyway I remember Brendan Gormley who was outstanding probably best Canada dman in the WJC over a certain Norris trophy nominee in Dougie Hamilton.

Here's what Pronman said about Byram (took that quote from @Ararana) LD Bowen Byram - Vancouver Giants, WHL (2019, 4th, COL) Part 2 :

Pronman: Guide to the 2020 world juniors

Bowen Byram (Colorado): Byram has not had the great statistical season you would expect of a fourth-overall pick in junior who also was great offensively the prior season in the WHL. The team around him is not that great offensively, as of this writing the Vancouver Giants are 15 out of 22 WHL teams in goals. How much you want to put that on Byram versus his teammates is subject to debate. In the games I’ve watched, he’s looked like the same old great Byram, and reports from NHL scouts have been very positive. He’s playing the same monster minutes he was last season.​

Reactions: Ararana

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
This is a deal that might work for one of the two Habs pieces, not both.

AVs don't need Petry because of their defensive depth. Drouin would be a fantastic addition to spread the offense into having 3 lines. The greater need would be a 3C or RHD bottom pairing for the playoffs. Petry has a much greater value with the Habs. This not to slight Petry, but they need space for Timmins expected to next season. He'll be 3rd pairing and the AVs don't want to pay the high price for a player they'll treat as a rental.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
No sense for either side....really.

Why not just simplify it...

Armia and a pick or two for Jost and Compher. Done and done.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
AVs don't need Petry because of their defensive depth. Drouin would be a fantastic addition to spread the offense into having 3 lines. The greater need would be a 3C or RHD bottom pairing for the playoffs. Petry has a much greater value with the Habs. This not to slight Petry, but they need space for Timmins expected to next season. He'll be 3rd pairing and the AVs don't want to pay the high price for a player they'll treat as a rental.

That's perfectly fine, I'm just speaking in terms of value.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Byram, debatable.
Newhook/Zadorov laughable

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

Byram is what it would take to get Drouin. Newhook and/or Zadorov is absolutely not enough.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014

Byram was easily Canada's best defenseman defensively and he was the best offensive dmen by a mile last year. If that says anything its that he's becoming a stud two way defender. If you want to use the word underwhelming for a top 4 pick, attach it to kotkaniemi lol

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Byram is what it would take to get Drouin. Newhook and/or Zadorov is absolutely not enough.

Delusional. There is a ton of drouin level players. Newhook and zadorov for Drouin alone and id lose my mind and call for sakics head. Drouin has shown nothing except he will pick and choose when he's motivated enough to play skilled hockey.

Alikhan Alizada

Jul 16, 2017
Delusional. There is a ton of drouin level players. Newhook and zadorov for Drouin alone and id lose my mind and call for sakics head. Drouin has shown nothing except he will pick and choose when he's motivated enough to play skilled hockey.

ok glad to hear your EXPERT OPINION

Reactions: Andrei79

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

You seem like you've already lost your mind.

If there are tons of Drouins, why would a much inferior Drouin in Newhook and Zadorov be anywhere near enough ?

Alikhan Alizada

Jul 16, 2017
Byram was easily Canada's best defenseman defensively and he was the best offensive dmen by a mile last year. If that says anything its that he's becoming a stud two way defender. If you want to use the word underwhelming for a top 4 pick, attach it to kotkaniemi lol

Dude why are you so triggered Byram was underwhelming at the WJC accept that fact everyone knows it idk why you're trying to defend that. Both Byram and KK underperformed this season(Mostly offensively) doesn't mean they won't become future stars they are both 19 no need to get triggered everyone one seem to forget that their respective teams are also underperforming massively. Draisaitl was underwhelming at 19 look at him now.

Last edited:

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Dude why are you so triggered Byram was underwhelming at the WJC accept that fact everyone knows it idk why you're trying to defend that. Both Byram and KK underperformed this season doesn't mean they won't become future stars they are both 19 no need to get triggered. Draisaitl was underwhelming at 19 look at him now.

Indeed. I would rather see a dip in production in the NHL following a solid year than one in the CHL.

I'm a big fan of Byram and KK however, despite the disappointing seasons. I do like how he manages to turn that around into a positive though, which it isn't.

It's more his part about Drouin and Newhook that's completely ridiculous.

Alikhan Alizada

Jul 16, 2017
Indeed. I would rather see a dip in production in the NHL following a solid year than one in the CHL.

I'm a big fan of Byram and KK however, despite the disappointing seasons. I do like how he manages to turn that around into a positive though.

It's more his part about Drouin and Newhook that's completely ridiculous.

Yeah but both their respective teams underperformed and it would take a hit on any player no matter who they are.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad