Proposal: AVs - Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
A trade that might benefit both teams with similar trajectory.

AVs are exiting their rebuild and looking for improvements everywhere, but particularly skilled Forwards and Goalie. Flyers need another RHD scoring option.

Barrie

for

Farabee
Frost
Morin
Sandstrom

Flyers receive a scoring RHD they long coveted adding to their depth and is only 26 years old. AVs receive high end scorer Farabee which they coveted at the 2018 draft. Frost to reunite with teammate Timmins and reclamation projects in Morin & Sandstrom which might not have a future with the Flyers depth.
I’m just gonna level with you, this ain’t it chief

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
AVs want to get younger and Neuvirth is the same age as Varly. The 2nd is fine , but another prospect likely Morin could work.
Neuvirth was simply to exchange some cap hit and make the trade include goalie going both ways. It gives the Avs competition for Francouz or a goalie to be in the NHL while Franc. gets minutes in the AHL. Essentially, he is a 1 year or less placeholder.

I would not trade away any D protects as we are not as deep right now in near NHL guys.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
These proposals are shameful robbery attempts. Go away Avs. All of this is horrible.
Ay, don't blame all of us for this nonsense. ;)

The teams are just poor trading partners. Barrie isn't really needed on a blueline with Ghost. Nothing to see here. I'm open to moving Barrie because I think he ends up overpaid on his next deal, but the Flyers aren't a candidate even if I do like a ton of their young assets.

Reactions: BernieParent

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I don't think Avs would want Neuvirth unless Francouz craps the bed in the AHL, if Neuvirth had to be traded we could take him purely as a cap dump. I could see Varly being traded around December. Personally i'd want something like 2nd + Laczynski/Marody, but there's a lot of variables that could happen throughout the season.

Marody is no longer with the Flyers.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Yeah, thing to know about the OP is he's obsessed with trading Barrie. He's a little out there with his posting/thinking too, so.

Barrie has certain value that I consider lower than you supporters. Flyer fans responses with even lower demands either reflects my over estimation or confirms you guys are completely off including paying $8M+. You really have no idea Barrie is worth so little and shouldn’t comment to embarrass yourself about my proposal when you think he is worth much more.

Last edited:

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Barrie has certain value that I consider lower than you supporters. Flyer fans responses with even lower demands either reflects my over estimation or confirms you guys are completely off including paying $8M+. You really have no idea Barrie is worth so little and shouldn’t comment to embarrass yourself about my proposal when you think he is worth much more.
Significant difference between saying he’s worth more to our team than saying we think he is worth much more.

There’s absolutely no way he’s worth what you’ve proposed here.

How about not speaking for the rest of us, and telling us what we think he’s worth. Judging by this thread, seems your concept of his worth is a little “off” to say the least.

Bigkarl

Dec 27, 2017
Where did I state they were bad?

It seems they’re overrated when you believe any of the ndividual prospects are better than Barrie.

I don’t think you understand that even if Barrie is better now, he is not more valuable to the Flyers than Frost.

1. He’s redundant to a team that already has Ghost.
2, He’s a UFA in 2 years, exactly when the flyers are expected to enter contender status.
3. Frost fills a major organizational need

That’s not flyers fans overrating their prospects. It’s simply having a very basic understanding of their current position as an organization.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

Not a single one of us Barrie fans think he has anywhere near the value you've suggested he has with your proposal.

So far out of touch with reality when it comes to pretty much everything :laugh:

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Barrie has lots of value, but two A level forward prospects isn't close. I mean, it's the same guy who got seven assets for Matt Duchene so anything's possible, but the Flyers org isn't run by idiots so I don't see how we could duplicate that feat. I'd rather see if we can use Barrie to squeeze somebody like Chia or Bergevin for this kind of overpayment, or make a hockey trade for a top six forward rather than futures that's more fair for both sides.

Reactions: MacBradley

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
From a Flyers perspective, there is too much effort and time placed by the organization in acquiring and stockpiling prospects to give them up. While none of them may ever play a game in the NHL (or in the case of Morin, another game), there is too much risk for the Flyers to give up Frost and Farabee. In many lists, Frost and Farabee are 2 of their top 3 prospects (along with Carter Hart). Next to Hart, Sandstrom is the Flyers best goalie prospect, and on a team where goaltending never seems to be solved, it would be better if they held on to him.

Defense is the Flyers strong suit in prospects, so acquiring a solid d-man, while enticing, doesn't help their long term need, which (assuming the d prospects pan out) is really the area the Flyers need to work on.

The Flyers are looking long term, and while Barrie would make them a better team immediately, long term he wouldn't be as helpful as the upside of these prospects.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly

You're greatly underestimating the value of that package. The list of players the Flyers would willingly trade a package of Frost, Farabee, Morin, & Sandstrom for is exceedingly small, and Barrie's nowhere close to being on it, which isn't a knock on him. There's literally one guy on the Avs that I would offer that package for and he's not available.

Reactions: pmwlker and Tripod

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
A trade that might benefit both teams with similar trajectory.

AVs are exiting their rebuild and looking for improvements everywhere, but particularly skilled Forwards and Goalie. Flyers need another RHD scoring option.

Barrie

for

Farabee
Frost
Morin
Sandstrom

Flyers receive a scoring RHD they long coveted adding to their depth and is only 26 years old. AVs receive high end scorer Farabee which they coveted at the 2018 draft. Frost to reunite with teammate Timmins and reclamation projects in Morin & Sandstrom which might not have a future with the Flyers depth.

That is one really terrible proposal. I hate all things PHI, so I'd be thrilled if that happened.

Unfortunately, Hextall isn't a complete imbecile.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
This is a bad proposal. OP is very much lopsided in favor of the Avs. That said, Barrie is far and away the most valuable piece being discussed as part of the original deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad