Proposal: AVs - Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
A trade that might benefit both teams with similar trajectory.

AVs are exiting their rebuild and looking for improvements everywhere, but particularly skilled Forwards and Goalie. Flyers need another RHD scoring option.

Barrie

for

Farabee
Frost
Morin
Sandstrom

Flyers receive a scoring RHD they long coveted adding to their depth and is only 26 years old. AVs receive high end scorer Farabee which they coveted at the 2018 draft. Frost to reunite with teammate Timmins and reclamation projects in Morin & Sandstrom which might not have a future with the Flyers depth.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
That's way too much from the Flyers.

Not sure why this would be too much for the Flyers?

Farabee + Frost are the players that will likely reach the NHL, the others are reclamation projects and likely outside their Top 10.

I used the recent trade for Hamilton, a player the Flyers were interested.

Hamilton
Ferland
Fox

for

Hanifin
Lindholm

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Not sure why this would be too much for the Flyers?

Farabee + Frost are the players that will likely reach the NHL, the others are reclamation projects and likely outside their Top 10.

I used the recent trade for Hamilton, a player the Flyers were interested.

Hamilton
Ferland
Fox

for

Hanifin
Lindholm

Frost just put up 112 points in his D+1 season and looks to be developing well, Farabee was just selected 14th overall.

Hanifin and Lindholm were up for new contracts and while they have potential they haven't really shown a ton. The Hamilton deal comes with a younger player, plus a gritty forward that just had his best year and a high potential prospect. It's way too much.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
The Flyers already have their Barrie in Ghost. Having both would allow them to put up crazy offense from the backend, but I imagine they wouldn’t want to pay the price to get a player so similar to a player they already have, especially if what you listed is what it actually took to acquire Barrie.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Frost just put up 112 points in his D+1 season and looks to be developing well, Farabee was just selected 14th overall.

Hanifin and Lindholm were up for new contracts and while they have potential they haven't really shown a ton. The Hamilton deal comes with a younger player, plus a gritty forward that just had his best year and a high potential prospect. It's way too much.

This is a tough trade to decide if the Flyers want to go for it or let their prospects develop.
  • Farabee is understandable, but was benefitting from Hughes?
  • Frost is on a stacked SSM team, did not play for Team Canada Jr leading to increase his points.
The interest for Hamilton lead me to believe the prospects are still a 1-2 years away, getting a player like Barrie would be a significant upgrade to their Blueline.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
The Flyers already have their Barrie in Ghost. Having both would allow them to put up crazy offense from the backend, but I imagine they wouldn’t want to pay the price to get a player so similar to a player they already have, especially if what you listed is what it actually took to acquire Barrie.

Flyers weakness is another RHD option. They're already stacked with LHD.

Ghost or Barrie will create massive opportunities. With earlier interest in another RHD - Hamilton, I suspect the Flyers would also be interested in Barrie.

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
Of the four players mentioned from the Flyers side I’d say 3 of them are untouchable. Frost,Farabee and Sandstrom aren’t going anywhere. Morin being the exception.
Rather wait for Myers and not spend assets on a RD. That being said the original proposal is a massive overpayment from Philly and they would have absolutely no interest in Barrie at that cost. Really bad proposal.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Flyers weakness is another RHD option. They're already stacked with LHD.

Ghost or Barrie will create massive opportunities. With earlier interest in another RHD - Hamilton, I suspect the Flyers would also be interested in Barrie.
Maybe they're interested, but not at the price you listed. And I don't think the Avs will sell Barrie for cheaper than what Sakic thinks he's worth.

The Flyers would be better off going after a RHD who scores maybe 10 less points and won't cost an arm and a leg. With Ghost, they've got their primary OFD. They wouldn't need their secondary OFD to be on the same level as Ghost, especially if it costs them a good chunk of their farm.

Reactions: MacBradley

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
:laugh:

Easy no from Philly...and here is why:

The Flyers NEED a #3C. Hell...we need one this year. Frost is the only C in our system with top 6 upside and rolling out Couts, Patrick and Frost should cause matchup issues for other teams in the future. Frost just can't be traded because we don't have the C depth at C for our prospects yet.

Farabee...they just drafted him. They can afford to let him play 2 years in college if need be but he has top 6 upside as well. No need to trade him at all.

Morin...he was on track to play games with the Flyers this past year and then had the season from hell. He is out until Jan/Feb. But they re-signed him for 3 years so he is still very much in the plans. His PK ability is something we really lack as is his natural snarl. With expansion happening in 2 years, we could lose a Dman so no need to trade one away when his value is at it's lowest.

Sandstrom is not a reclamation project. Just 1.5 years ago he was the top goalie at the WJC. This past year, it was all out of his control as this is what he dealt with: "Yes, Felix Sandstrom had a down year, but why? He has shown progression at each stage of his career, so why the sudden downturn in his development? Well, we would eventually come to find out that it wasn’t exactly an abdominal injury that hampered his play all season long. Sandstrom battled a throat and stomach ailment connected to the mononucleosis he had during the 2014-15 season, which made it difficult for him to keep food in his system (we won’t get into details here, but you get the picture). His team doctors decided to shut him down for nearly two months during the regular season in order to rest and recover, which caused Sandstrom to miss considerable playing and training time."
The Flyers will let him develop another year in the SHL and then bring him over. They signed him to his ELC in March so he is very much in their plans.

Now to Barrie. He just is not needed. We know offense is his strength, not his defense. In Philly, he would not get #1PP time as Ghost gets that and our PP is set up for a LHD, not a RHD. So now we would be taking Barrie and removing one of his top skills. And sure, he could go on the 2nd unit with Provy. But then that diminishes Sanheim and Myers's skills too since they have that upside.

Now add in that Barrie is a UFA in 2 years. Well the Flyers window is not open yet with goaltending being an uncertainty, the #3C spot...and thus the 3rd line...not ready, and the young defense still needs a few more years together to grow together.

The Flyers just have no reason to do a bundle deal on a guy with 2 years left for a position(offensive PP guy) they don't need. If this was for a more defensive guy who was cost controlled longer, they you could take this deal and tweak it and possibly make it work(think Trouba with term). But not for Barrie.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
Frost AND Farabee is a massive overpayment from the Flyers.

They don’t need Barrie either. He’s primarily a PPQ and Philly already has one of the best in the game in Ghost.

Reactions: CanadianSniper

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
A trade that might benefit both teams with similar trajectory.

AVs are exiting their rebuild and looking for improvements everywhere, but particularly skilled Forwards and Goalie. Flyers need another RHD scoring option.

Barrie

for

Farabee
Frost
Morin
Sandstrom

Flyers receive a scoring RHD they long coveted adding to their depth and is only 26 years old. AVs receive high end scorer Farabee which they coveted at the 2018 draft. Frost to reunite with teammate Timmins and reclamation projects in Morin & Sandstrom which might not have a future with the Flyers depth.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

*takes deep breath and collects self*

This is the most histerical trade proposal I have ever seen on here and that is not hyperbole.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
ok...well that "not a PP guy" was 3rd in PP points this year, 15th in points the year before, and 5th the year before that for Dmen.

Looks like a Duck. Quacks like a duck.
Except when the poster is actually a duck himself.

Barrie is not a PP quarterback, he's not good defencively and he's actually not that good on the PP as well. He got a lot of points by simply passing the puck to MacKinnon and/or Rantanen who did their magic in making plays. What he is, is a specialized #2/3 offencive puck-moving defender who can contribute as much at even strength than with an extra man. The main OP doesn't make sense for either team since I can't see Avs wanting Frost with Farabee nor Sandstrom nor Morin. I can't see Flyers wanting to part ways with Farabee and Frost, however Farabee will probably be part of any deal for Barrie and we can build from them. Something like Farabee+Sanheim+1st for Barrie+Compher/Kamanev+2nd seems more like a deal that entices everyone. Or perhaps we can Varlamov to the deal making it Farabee+Sanheim+1st+Goaler dump for Barrie+Varlamov+Compher

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
ok...well that "not a PP guy" was 3rd in PP points this year, 15th in points the year before, and 5th the year before that for Dmen.

Looks like a Duck. Quacks like a duck.
Sure thing.

He does the majority of damage at ES, always has, always will. Before this season, both he and the rest of the team looked completely inept on the PP. But do tell me more about a guy whose game I haven't missed since he came into the league.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Except when the poster is actually a duck himself.

Barrie is not a PP quarterback, he's not good defencively and he's actually not that good on the PP as well. He got a lot of points by simply passing the puck to MacKinnon and/or Rantanen who did their magic in making plays. What he is, is a specialized #2/3 offencive puck-moving defender who can contribute as much at even strength than with an extra man. The main OP doesn't make sense for either team since I can't see Avs wanting Frost with Farabee nor Sandstrom nor Morin. I can't see Flyers wanting to part ways with Farabee and Frost, however Farabee will probably be part of any deal for Barrie and we can build from them. Something like Farabee+Sanheim+1st for Barrie+Compher/Kamanev+2nd seems more like a deal that entices everyone. Or perhaps we can Varlamov to the deal making it Farabee+Sanheim+1st+Goaler dump for Barrie+Varlamov+Compher
Flyers don't need Barrie at all. OP was stillborn. Close this down, there's no deals to be made here around the players mentioned.

Reactions: pmwlker and Stizzle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad