Proposal: AVs - Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
You just argued for it yourself

How deep a hole can you dig?
Who did I say Morin is better than because of size? I said he's unique because of his size, not better. Chara is unique because of his size, that doesn't mean he was better than Lidstrom. You're having serious comprehension issues here. I'm done going in circles with you.

Reactions: Adtar02

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
#1 Timmins isn't a better prospect than Morin, very similar.

#2 none of those guys are as big as Morin. This time last year Morin was 6'7" 227. He's been reported as 238 most recently.

0-2

I believe it started here about the size comparison.

The comment referred to both being "similar" and "big as Morin." The comparison is 0-2 against Timmins. So unless there is another way to interpret, size was the differentiator that Morin is better.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Yeah, i dont think Morin makes much sense from your guys standpoint either. He definitely does for us though.

As an aside - i visited Denver earlier this year (edit: I think it was actually December, not this year, but who is counting) and was able to snag tickets to the game (Star wars night) - Mack is an absolute beast. Single handedly kept you guys in that game (i think it ended like 6-4 or something?) when the Lightning had gone up like 4-1 i think. Great atmosphere and some really good fans i was sitting next to as well.

I'm sure there's probably a bunch of other teams that would love to have him, too, we're just not a good fit. Not that it matters because the entire premise of the trade is ludicrous.

And, I'm glad you enjoyed the game. The atmosphere this year was noticeably different than in years past, with some real excitement around the team. Fans show up expecting to see exciting hockey, and the Avs probably winning. The last time I remember that being the general feeling in the arena, Sakic was still the captain, not the EVP/GM. It's a nice change. Hopefully they keep winning, and the trend continues.

Reactions: Starat327

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
I believe it started here about the size comparison.

The comment referred to both being "similar" and "big as Morin." The comparison is 0-2 against Timmins. So unless there is another way to interpret, size was the differentiator that Morin is better.
No. Notice the #1 and #2? That's because he's responding to Timmins being a better prospect than Morin which he disagreed with in #1 and it had nothing to do with size considering Timmins is 6 inches shorter than Morin and the discussion was about players that are 2 inches shorter. #2 he was pointing out that Zadorov and Siemens are in fact not as big as Morin. Two completely different comments. I thought the #1 and #2 made that clear and if it didn't I thought the "guys" being pluar would have hinted that he wasn't referring to Timmins.

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
Who did I say Morin is better than because of size? I said he's unique because of his size, not better. Chara is unique because of his size, that doesn't mean he was better than Lidstrom. You're having serious comprehension issues here. I'm done going in circles with you.
At this point you’re literally using semantics and just claiming it means something different... all while describing them as the same

You argued that people said he is a better player because of his size. You just had argued it a couple back.

At this point you’re just picking and choosing context and making up weird semantics arguments.

All one big contradiction

Reactions: Patagonia

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
No. Notice the #1 and #2? That's because he's responding to Timmins being a better prospect than Morin which he disagreed with in #1. #2 he was pointing out that Zadorov and Siemens are in fact not as big as Morin. Two completely different comments. I thought the #1 and #2 made that clear and if it didn't I thought the "guys" being pluar would have hinted that he wasn't referring to Timmins.
not sure how this is so difficult and the funny part is the original trade is terrible for the flyers to aquire someone they dont need cause ghost is better

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
not sure how this is so difficult and the funny part is the original trade is terrible for the flyers to aquire someone they dont need cause ghost is better
Apparently Morin is better than Ghost though. Don't you remember that time Flyers fans said size is more important than skill? :sarcasm:

Reactions: Adtar02

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I'm sure there's probably a bunch of other teams that would love to have him, too, we're just not a good fit. Not that it matters because the entire premise of the trade is ludicrous.

And, I'm glad you enjoyed the game. The atmosphere this year was noticeably different than in years past, with some real excitement around the team. Fans show up expecting to see exciting hockey, and the Avs probably winning. The last time I remember that being the general feeling in the arena, Sakic was still the captain, not the EVP/GM. It's a nice change. Hopefully they keep winning, and the trend continues.

Agreed on the trade.

The game was touching though. I'm not sure if you remember the video, but it was the one where they had the army officer(or air force, cant remember and apologize to whichever side gets offended :P ) dressed as obi wan and had his kids trying to name the character. He popped out from under the hood and the kids just ran to him. Incredibly sweet gesture. Was interesting to see Colorado play. Jost looked look and i was honestly just utterly impressed with how much of a bull Mack was on the puck. You watch it on TV and youre like yeah, ok. but when you see him skate down the left side, and cut in and just move Hedman aside, its kind of surreal.

Last edited:

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
I'm still waiting for that quote where someone said size is more important than skill.

Making what up?

Right, you’re purposely being intellectually dishonest

I’ve explained multiple times how such a conclusion is fair based on what was discussed

Your own attempt to refute it even supported what I said

And your only response is to demand it being said word for word, and to try and retreat to cliche fanboy wars tactics where you lie about what people are saying and act like being condescending is proof of it

Seriously, if your only remaining tactic is snark and demanding quotes with specific word usage, then you know you failed on your other points

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Right, you’re purposely being intellectually dishonest

I’ve explained multiple times how such a conclusion is fair based on what was discussed

Your own attempt to refute it even supported what I said

And your only response is to demand it being said word for word, and to try and retreat to cliche fanboy wars tactics where you lie about what people are saying and act like being condescending is proof of it

Seriously, if your only remaining tactic is snark and demanding quotes with specific word usage, then you know you failed on your other points
So in other words, you can't provide a single quote that even slightly implies that anyone thinks size is more important than skill. Good to know.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Agreed on the trade.

The game was touching though. I'm not sure if you remember the video, but it was the one where they had the army (or air force, cant remember and apologize to whichever side gets offended :P ) dressed as obi wan and had his kids trying to name the character. Incredibly sweet gesture. Was interesting to see Colorado play. Jost looked look and i was honestly just utterly impressed with how much of a bull Mack was on the puck. You watch it on TV and youre like yeah, ok. but when you see him skate down the left side, and cut in and just move Hedman aside, its kind of surreal.

I do remember that game. Altitude (Avs TV channel) played the video of the military father on what felt like a non-stop loop for the next few months, really couldn't have missed it if I tried. But, the Avs do a lot of really good things for the community, so I can't really complain too much about them using it for PR. I remember that game more for EJ getting ejected for touching a guy between the circles and then not letting some feisty midget jump him afterwards when the first guy hit the boards 20 feet later.

And, I completely agree that Mack is amazing to watch. He almost reminds me of a prime Peter Forsberg, with that rare blend of speed, physical power, elite skills and fierce competitiveness that makes him so hard to contain. He'll go around you or through you to win, it doesn't really matter to him. I'm definitely looking forward to watching him for the next decade.

Reactions: Starat327

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
So in other words, you can't provide a single quote that even slightly implies that anyone thinks size is more important than skill. Good to know.
Implies? I did that in my first response to you

Desperate enough yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad