Post-Game Talk: Avs @ Devils | Monday, February 3rd, 5:30pm MT | Patrick's Better!

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Why?

BfoqUjoCAAAcjZJ.jpg:large

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Id also like to give a shout out to Hejda who was a tank tonight. He's seemed a bit off the last couple games before this but tonight he was a beast. So strong in the corners and an awesome stick.

What about EJ? I only caught the 3rd because of work, but there was a couple plays where he made me have sympathy for the Devils. One I remember he pushed a guy off him who then fell over, then deked around two more.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
There were a couple rushes where EJ looked like Karlsson out there. I've never seen him so nimble, and move so well laterally.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
@Buccigross: Colorado Avalanche: best record since January 1. Only Penguins, Blues, and Ducks have more wins. Pat Roy is Coach of the Year.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
There were a couple rushes where EJ looked like Karlsson out there. I've never seen him so nimble, and move so well laterally.

I noticed he did that same deke that he used against the Sabres when he set up MacKinnon's PPG. That quick little move to the inside throwing the puck out one hand.

I too would love to see a gif or clip of that rush that he started from behind the net.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
After watching the post game interview with MacK on NHL Network, I'm curious what trick play they had drawn up that had MacK laughing on the bench :laugh:
I'm fairly positive the trick play was when the Avs had a d-zone faceoff with Duchene's line. McGinn was with them, and right after the faceoff, he went to the bench for MacKinnon. It didn't work because they lost the faceoff but I'm pretty sure they were trying to sneak MacKinnon on for a breakaway.

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
That was an amazing win, like when your team goes all game and cannot score and then they slap duchy in the face without a call and everyone plays goal scorer hockey, no wait that was this game. On a more serious note perhaps now we have national media looking at us with new respect. More than a few times the NBC team gushed at our no name defense and our young fast offense. Perhaps it's Roy and his new culture? I'm a believer. I'm hoping tangs comes back AFTER the O break healthy. He makes a difference that is noticeable.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
I think we can say now EJ is feeling better?

What about EJ? I only caught the 3rd because of work, but there was a couple plays where he made me have sympathy for the Devils. One I remember he pushed a guy off him who then fell over, then deked around two more.

Yeah, I thought EJ had a whale of a third period. Hopefully his injury is behind him.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
This is probably as exciting a win for me as there has been all year long. Just the way this game was going, the Devils' all-out defensive play and then non-stop cycle in the offensive zone where it seemed like they didn't even care about getting the puck to the net, just cycling the puck. Felt like our guys were getting pissed off and to see them essentially flick a switch on with 3 minutes left shows me this team is learning how to win.

One thing I do want to point out is Max Talbot. I can't remember the exact time, but in the third period with under 10 minutes left there was a shift where he came back hard defensively, stole the puck, and took off like a rocket. He dumped the puck in and was hard on the forecheck throwing a hit, and then back checked like hell. I think that sparked the boys a bit, seeing how hard he was still willing to work even though the Devils were stifling our guys. I think it speaks volumes about his leadership ability by example

That was the shift that turned the tide. Glad I wasnt the only one to notice :yo: Thats the kind of thing we need from guys like Talbot and especially Mcleod and Bordelau. Mcleod is capable of having a shift like that Bordeleau just sucks and a waste of space the majority of the time.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
That was an amazing win, like when your team goes all game and cannot score and then they slap duchy in the face without a call and everyone plays goal scorer hockey, no wait that was this game. On a more serious note perhaps now we have national media looking at us with new respect. More than a few times the NBC team gushed at our no name defense and our young fast offense. Perhaps it's Roy and his new culture? I'm a believer. I'm hoping tangs comes back AFTER the O break healthy. He makes a difference that is noticeable.

NBC was very complimentary to MacKinnon and I love winning on national tv.

Last edited:

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
There having a pre-Olympics thing on one the biggest newspaper in Sweden tonight. This is even strength points.. I was honestly quite shocked that Landy KILLS guys like Zetterberg, Bäckström etc...

BfpcBfRCcAAJJzr.jpg:large

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
There having a pre-Olympics thing on one the biggest newspaper in Sweden tonight. This is even strength points.. I was honestly quite shocked that Landy KILLS guys like Zetterberg, Bäckström etc...

Imagine if Roy used he and ROR on the PK more together like his rookie year (Landy is so dangerous on the PK, it's a shame he doesn't play it more) or if he used Landy on the PP properly in front of the net?

Roy seems to love putting MacK in the slot for the one timer or McGinn in the slot for the redirect, but never Landy there for the tip in front or the rebound.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003

BfpcBfRCcAAJJzr.jpg:large

And yet most Swedish hockey fans and probably the head coach has him penciled in on the fourth line as a grinder this Olympics. Because Sedins and Ericson are going to get 20 minutes a game despite being very poor this year.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Nyqvist play with Zetterberg because Swedish hockey has a almost sexual fixation with Detroit Red Wings.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
steen and zeta have missed some games so that is little misleading.

d. sedin has declined, bäcks ES play has leaved a lot to be desired.

lack of pp points from landeskog is the thing that makes people to not view him as elite winger or close to it.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
steen and zeta have missed some games so that is little misleading.

d. sedin has declined, bäcks ES play has leaved a lot to be desired.

lack of pp points from landeskog is the thing that makes people to not view him as elite winger or close to it.

I think Torts playing Sedins and Kesler two minutes more per game than AV did has contributed to those three struggling a bit this year. I have never seen Daniel Sedin be as poor as he's been in January. Completely a non-factor.

Of course when all you have are those three and Higgins, Hansen, Santorelli, Kassian and Burrows what are you going to do?

Hopefully for Sweden Z is more or less healthy. Most important player on the team and a no-brainer as captain.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I think Torts playing Sedins and Kesler two minutes more per game than AV did has contributed to those three struggling a bit this year. I have never seen Daniel Sedin be as poor as he's been in January. Completely a non-factor.

Of course when all you have are those three and Higgins, Hansen, Santorelli, Kassian and Burrows what are you going to do?

Hopefully for Sweden Z is more or less healthy. Most important player on the team and a no-brainer as captain.

Yup. They went from very sheltered under AV to playing ridiculous minutes under Torts. Can't blame him though since the Canucks have zero depth to work with now.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
2zxwmzc.gif

EJ beating Devils aggressive transition defense to start the 2 minute shift in Devils zone that led to the 1-1 goal.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
That was the shift that turned the tide. Glad I wasnt the only one to notice :yo: Thats the kind of thing we need from guys like Talbot and especially Mcleod and Bordelau. Mcleod is capable of having a shift like that Bordeleau just sucks and a waste of space the majority of the time.

Talbot seems to have a 2nd gear to his game when it's crunch time and I'm starting to see it a lot more now than when he was on Pittsburgh and I didn't watch them much, and I love it. McLeod, I don't know, he's a 4th line guy at best and his wheels have really fallen off. But I agree, Bordeleau sucks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad