Post-Game Talk: Avs @ Devils | Monday, February 3rd, 5:30pm MT | Patrick's Better!

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
Almost feel bad For NJ they execute a gameplan that makes us look like we're a B league team for the majority of the game and still don't win.

O Money is so clutch, he's going to get the all times Avs ot winners record.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Nice post in the Devils forum.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=79331643&postcount=978
Wingman77 said:
What we saw Roy do tonight when he pulled the goalie was an example of great coaching

His team had us pinned in our end for an extended period at a good point in the game to pull a goalie and go up an attacker with some of our weaker guys on the ice - he took advantage of our tired guys out there on an extended shift and his team capitalized on it

A great move from a coach who has shown solid things thus far

PeterTheGreat

Jan 4, 2009
Id also like to give a shout out to Hejda who was a tank tonight. He's seemed a bit off the last couple games before this but tonight he was a beast. So strong in the corners and an awesome stick.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Barrie got 23 minutes, which isn't that odd considering Avs were on the PP quite a bit. Guenin only played 10 minutes, which is a bit strange considering board play is what he does best and that's all Devils are doing.

PeterTheGreat

Jan 4, 2009
Barrie got 23 minutes, which isn't that odd considering Avs were on the PP quite a bit. Guenin only played 10 minutes, which is a bit strange considering board play is what he does best and that's all Devils are doing.

Avs were trailing for most of the game.

In the third period it seemed like at least one of Barrie or EJ were on at all times.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Was Jagr deployed every time Holden made it onto the ice? Sure seemed like it.

I do find it odd Guenin didn't play much. Felt like the Avs needed his physicality, but I guess Roy didn't want to use him down a goal.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Was Jagr deployed every time Holden made it onto the ice? Sure seemed like it.

I do find it odd Guenin didn't play much. Felt like the Avs needed his physicality, but I guess Roy didn't want to use him down a goal.

Maybe it's because Guenin really isn't very good, and Barrie and Holden were significantly better than him tonight. With our defense (outside of Hejda and Johnson), I feel like you earn your ice time and the coaches just go with whomever is playing well that night. Tonight it was Holden and Barrie. Tomorrow it could easily be Guenin and Benoit.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Almost feel bad For NJ they execute a gameplan that makes us look like we're a B league team for the majority of the game and still don't win.

O Money is so clutch, he's going to get the all times Avs ot winners record.

ROR is the new Drury. Let us not forget wat happened to us after we traded Dru. Lets not make the same mistake again and give ROR watever the hell he wants

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
Wow.

Just watched the recording of that game since I had class and missed the game.

Wow.

This is prime example of when Roy said he wants us to be a team that wins even when we don't play our best game. Glad to see them fight to the end. This was a true character (and moral?) win.

Wow.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
This is probably as exciting a win for me as there has been all year long. Just the way this game was going, the Devils' all-out defensive play and then non-stop cycle in the offensive zone where it seemed like they didn't even care about getting the puck to the net, just cycling the puck. Felt like our guys were getting pissed off and to see them essentially flick a switch on with 3 minutes left shows me this team is learning how to win.

One thing I do want to point out is Max Talbot. I can't remember the exact time, but in the third period with under 10 minutes left there was a shift where he came back hard defensively, stole the puck, and took off like a rocket. He dumped the puck in and was hard on the forecheck throwing a hit, and then back checked like hell. I think that sparked the boys a bit, seeing how hard he was still willing to work even though the Devils were stifling our guys. I think it speaks volumes about his leadership ability by example

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
That second period was actually largely ours and checking the shot chart confirms this. Just got pinned in the last 5 minutes of the period. It was a pretty decent game, they were playing hard. Landy drew 3 penalties. Really nice road win, I'll take it.

So...we are 5th in the league now because San Jose lost tonight.

Last edited:

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
That second period was actually largely ours and checking the shot chart confirms this. Just got pinned in the last 5 minutes of the period. It was a pretty decent game, they were playing hard. Landy drew 3 penalties. Really nice road win, I'll take it.

So...we are 5th in the league now because San Jose lost tonight.

And most likely play the Blues or Hawks when it's all said and done. :laugh:

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Landeskog has been a lot more efficient this year, rather than bull in a china shop. It isn't a sign of less effort but smarter effort. When he needs to he still whips out the powerforward toolbag, he just doesn't need to as often because we're less a cycling/grinding/dump and chase team as we are a speed, puck possession, attack on the rush type now.

Hopefully this can prolong his "life length" in the NHL. That his body isn't all worn down at the age of 30.

Stories

Science!
Sep 10, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
Maybe it's because Guenin really isn't very good, and Barrie and Holden were significantly better than him tonight. With our defense (outside of Hejda and Johnson), I feel like you earn your ice time and the coaches just go with whomever is playing well that night. Tonight it was Holden and Barrie. Tomorrow it could easily be Guenin and Benoit.

I thought Guenin looked bad last night. I was glad to not see him play too much. He got beat often to the outside by a rather slow Devils team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad