GDT: Avs @ Devils - 7:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009
Can we complain about Nico a bit please, I miss the eternal critics… where are you???
Remember this time last year?
Boy that was a meltdown. Everyone "had it enough with the excuses" and the 3C seems like a joke now but was a genuine opinion for some...

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Am I wrong to not think Byram is not atop defenseman in the league yet because of how little he has played? Av's fans seem to think he's so great but I don't see it yet.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Remember this time last year?
Boy that was a meltdown. Everyone "had it enough with the excuses" and the 3C seems like a joke now but was a genuine opinion for some...
That’s the point. Even at his absolute post injured hobbled worst self he was more than a 3C. He was playing with nobody except Bratt at times and he was expected to carry a sad sack team on his 20-21 year old shoulders. His crime was not being Matthews or McDavid.

Reactions: CamarilloBrillo

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Am I wrong to not think Byram is not atop defenseman in the league yet because of how little he has played? Av's fans seem to think he's so great but I don't see it yet.

He's pretty good, not sure I would rate him that highly though...

youryeah

Jun 21, 2019
just don't have this game turn into a shellacking like the caps gave us a week ago as our first "big test". course i'd love a win but I feel like makar will do some wizard shit

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
This should be a track meet with the amount of sheer speed on both sides so everyone hammer the under because it'll be a 2-1 shootout game with Vanecek and Georgiev playing amazing games.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Francouz starting, per the Avs board.
He's looked like Bernier did in that preseason scrimmage in both of the games he's played this season.

Which might mean that he's due for a progression, just like Kahkonen last week or maybe not.

I think he's probably shot, as it's very hard to come back from double hip and double knee surgery at age 32. He played fine in the regular season NHL games he played last year, but he's clearly been trending downward since the playoffs when he had to play some games.

They swept Edmonton in spite of him. If you swapped goalies, Colorado still sweeps that series with Mike Smith in net for Colorado and Francouz in net for Edmonton. The shot differential massively favored Colorado that entire series.

It is easier for goalies to play behind Colorado than most teams, as they're likely facing many more score effects shots there (due to being in the lead and blowing teams out of the building a lot) than they would be behind say the New York Rangers.

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
Second real big test after the back to back. If they keep up with them and don't look out classed maybe more will join me on team optimism.
The team looks good in general and we havent seen this kind of depth in the roster for the Devils in the past 10 years.

People are used to picking on players but easily forget that when they are annoyed at Tatar's level of play, he's just a 3rd liner.

Goalies are a matter of its own, tho.

Many reasons to be optimistic but it takes a while to steer this board towards optimism. Its much easier to wallow in misery than to let yourself expect wins night in and out only to realize you paid cash money to see the performance against Caps :laugh:

Reactions: Poppy Whoa Sonnet

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
The team looks good in general and we havent seen this kind of depth in the roster for the Devils in the past 10 years.

People are used to picking on players but easily forget that when they are annoyed at Tatar's level of play, he's just a 3rd liner.

Goalies are a matter of its own, tho.

Many reasons to be optimistic but it takes a while to steer this board towards optimism. Its much easier to wallow in misery than to let yourself expect wins night in and out only to realize you paid cash money to see the performance against Caps :laugh:
Winning fixes everything, but the team is playing incredibly right now, hard not to get excited imo.

Reactions: Capt Nico Poo

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
Winning fixes everything, but the team is playing incredibly right now, hard not to get excited imo.
Yeah. Loving it that its Bratt thats blossoming into our 2nd star player (after Hamilton). Maybe takes a bit of pressure off Jack's shoulders.

Anyways, this season is just a prelude of what's to come. Our true contention window should open in the 2024-25 season or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad