GDT: Avs @ Devils - 7:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
They don't have as much depth that's for sure. Out Landeskog, Kadri, Burakovsky. In Rodrigues.
And now they have Alex Newhook who's supposed to get a more prominent role, but he's done shit. One of the more overrated prospects in the league.

Not sure what the hype ever was with him. 7 games this year, 0 points. Plays over 13 minutes a night. He was decent last year.

And his faceoff percentage in his career might be the worst I've ever seen for a guy that takes as many faceoffs as he does. It's like Andrei Loktionov bad.

I remember the talk last year was ''They really need to be careful about who they trade Newhook for at the deadline and they may need to be willing to part with Newhook if they want to get something good at the deadline. They just need to make sure they win the cup if they're parting with him''.

Okay.....

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
Their first line and D are absurd, but am I crazy for not being too impressed by lines 2-4? I know missing Landeskog doesn’t help, but still.
No crazy at all. This is what happens in the cap era to winning teams. They become top heavy and an injury to the wrong player can really hurt a team.

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
And now they have Alex Newhook who's supposed to get a more prominent role, but he's done shit. One of the more overrated prospects in the league.

Not sure what the hype ever was with him. 7 games this year, 0 points. Plays over 13 minutes a night. He was decent last year.

And his faceoff percentage in his career might be the worst I've ever seen for a guy that takes as many faceoffs as he does. It's like Andrei Loktionov bad.

I remember the talk last year was ''They really need to be careful about who they trade Newhook for at the deadline and they may need to be willing to part with Newhook if they want to get something good at the deadline. They just need to make sure they win the cup if they're parting with him''.

Okay.....
Yea I remember reading that he was going to take the next step and replace Kadri

• Haha
Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I love that song, Bleed.
It's not something I personally listen to, I actually find it better now than I did 20 years ago when it was new. That was something my girlfriend at the time listened to, along with a bunch of other fairly similar sounding bands that started with ''The''. They were okay, I certainly prefer them to The Strokes, who I thought were really vomit inducing. She didn't like them either.

Basically, the title says it all. I've used it several times recently.

Reactions: forceten

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
no Nichushkin for Colorado tonight per Amanda
BDAEC7A6-E5B2-481F-B9FC-741F8A8C5A24.jpeg

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
No crazy at all. This is what happens in the cap era to winning teams. They become top heavy and an injury to the wrong player can really hurt a team.

This is actually better than last October when they were hit with their annual wave of injuries plus a cap crunch.

They went 4-5-1 to start the season, which included their 2nd game (a 5-3 L to STL) when they had 17 skaters and one was Stefan Matteau because he was the only available AHL call-up with a minimum salary. That AHL bottom 4 plus Compher is certainly something.

Some people voiced “concerns”.

And then they reeled off 6 straight wins starting on 11/11 and didn’t lose two games in a row until March.

9982DC24-2FE1-44F8-B885-C3192153A4F4.jpeg

Man, the Avs are looking really banged up. I didn't realize that all those guys were out. How did they rack up so many injuries so quickly?

The Avs always rack up a ridiculous number of injuries. It is the way.

Edit: fixed # of skaters.

Last edited:
Reactions: HBK27 and Guadana

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Go Devils! I am very pumped to see how we look against a very good team. I think we can at least hang with them if we play our asses off.
Sucks that Palat is out , it really screws the lines and chemistry with our forwards.
Avs D is deadly but their forwards as a group looks “meh” (with Rantanen and Nuke out especially “

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Save the life of this messenger.

Man, the Avs are looking really banged up. I didn't realize that all those guys were out. How did they rack up so many injuries so quickly?
They lost some depth, more work for their core guys, and they start to break down from such a volume of load.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Quietly confident tonight.

If goaltending can hold up, we have a good chance. It's a free hit, not need to panic if we lose to the reigning champs.
If the Avs allow NJ to skate instead of playing the clutch and grab game and NJ shows up with jump the Devils can be dangerous, subject to team defense and goaltending.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Know it's been asked a few times, but does anybody know how to turn off the live thread option?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad