Post-Game Talk: Avs def. Canucks a 4-1 (Pettersson)

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
This is it.

Makes no F*kin difference

Av's win

Maybe Bruce goes out on his own time. Bruce should come down with covid tonight before the game

Timmer44

Mar 3, 2006
Van City
This is it.

Makes no F*kin difference

Av's win

Maybe Bruce goes out on his own time. Bruce should come down with covid tonight before the game

To be honest, aside from winning a cup and walking away on his own terms, having an arena full of people chanting my name before my retirement isn't a terrbile way to go out.

Rutherford had no idea what he was walking into.

Reactions: theguardianII

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I wish that SCF never happened. This franchise has been on a complete tailspin ever since.

OTOH, it’s quite remarkable just how bad that loss changed this franchises trajectory.

That loss didn't change it. The team was always going to get old and trend down.

Ownership's refusal to embrace a rebuild and then botch the next management hire are what changed it.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Prepared for another stinker here. Avs have been rolling since they had a team-only meeting last week.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
That loss didn't change it. The team was always going to get old and trend down.

Ownership's refusal to embrace a rebuild and then botch the next management hire are what changed it.

I agree in theory, but wouldn't it have been better to lose to say Tampa Bay, and go down that route?

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
We are going to hire a convicted criminal as our next coach

An individual that pleaded guilty to gambling charges

Let that sink in

Oh, and he has accomplished nothing as a coach and has minimal experience

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC

Let that sink in

It'll be good for the tank and could lead to a Chicago like turn around if compounding failure forces Aqualad's hand

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011

Let that sink in

Maybe he's unethical enough to throw games and tank

The... bright side?

Reactions: Ozone

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Bruce has no need to feel any shame. Guy is one of the nicest most respected guys in the league. Canucks just keep digging themselves deeper. The culture starts from the top...

Agreed. It's no surprise a team that's run with no direction or accountability at the top has no direction or accountability on the ice.

What people around the league are saying says more about who he is than these f***ing hyenas.

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
Hopefully, we hear some Bruce chants tonight.
Yah. I would love to hear a "WE LOVE BRUCE!" chant tonight. I am ok with them moving on from him but the way this has been done is shameful and embarrassing. Imagine Pat Quinn or the Griffiths reaction to this travesty?

ChuckNorris4Cup

May 31, 2018
FGCw4W-XMAIUkgy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad