Post-Game Talk: Avs def. Canucks a 4-1 (Pettersson)

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
The Canucks host the Avalanche tomorrow, January 20th, at Rogers Arena. Puck drop at 7pm. The Avs are pretty banged up, with injuries to key players like Makar, Manson, Byram, and Landeskog.

Canucks’ anticipated starting lineup:

Miller - Horvat - Garland
Kuzmenko - Pettersson - Boeser
Mikheyev - Dries - Studnicka
Joshua - Lazar - Lockwood

Hughes - Schenn
Ekman-Larsson - Myers
Burroughs - Bear

Martin
Delia

Avalanche’s anticipated starting lineup:

Lehkonen - MacKinnon - Rodrigues
Nichushkin - Compher - Rantanen
Cogliano - Newhook - O’Connor
Blidh - Meyers - Englund

Toews - Girard
Johnson - Hunt
Macdermid - Macdonald

Georgiev
Francouz

The quest for Bedard continues.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Had to search up "Blidh" thinking the op made a spelling mistake.

And no he didn't. This dude looks creepy for some reason.

i

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
Avalanche are picking up steam. We are in line to be sitting ducks...and I'm sitting here hoping it happens - how depressing.

Lose and improve to the bottom of the deck. That's where we're at.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
Avs are 0-2 against us this season, there is no chance they're going to take us lightly. Makar was out last night but he's listed day-to-day, think he plays tomorrow, Nichushkin is back, Rodrigues (Someone who I really wanted us to sign in the offseason) is back and he's been playing well. Manson might return tomorrow, leaving Helm, Landeskog and Byram as the only players they're missing. The reports of a new coach and all as well, everything is lining up for a blowout.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Canucks continue to amaze with their hilarious efforts at defending. But for some reason they've been pure poison to the Av's.....who after their Cup win are struggling mightily just to get into the playoffs this year.

I'm guessing a lot of goals in this one......but it all depends on which goalie has the worst night. Canucks should be locked and loaded in the Bedard sweepstakes, but a win in games like this will probably rob them of the chance.

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
Going to this game from Victoria for a guys trip. First Canucks game in 8 years. Despite the shit we Canucks fans have to deal with, I am really looking forward get to see Pettersson and Hughes play live for the first time. Horvat as well. Last time I saw him live he was playing on the 4th line, Jannick Hansen collapsed on the bench( scary as f***), Calgary scored on their own net, and Chris Tanev scored the OT winner( thanks Benning).

Going to wear my Horvat jersey I bought in his rookie year, as this may be the last time I see him live.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
NHL players are just creepy looking guys sometimes.

Another example:
8470626.jpg
8470626.jpg
8470626.jpg
8470626.jpg

What on earth did our franchise do to him?

The worst offender, has to be none other than Brandon Tanev.

I mean just look at this:
8479293@2x.jpg

I...I don't even know what to say. A picture is indeed worth a thousand words.

It's like...Brandon, how many lampshades made of human skin do you have? And how long has that bucket of sulfuric acid been sitting in your garage?

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
All of this Bedard talk. I don't think we need to get #1. It would be just as good to get #2 or #3. Bedard can sign his first free agent contract with us. Then we have Fantilli and Bedard.

• Wow

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Watching the Panthers stick up for Staal after a Matheson cheap shot was so refreshing after watching the wuss Canucks

Yup. Imagine that. (The Canucks DID try to get him to go in their next game, and Matheson ducked every chance, resulting in this HILARIOUS troll job from Max Domi: Max Domi appeared to absolutely rip into Mike Matheson during intense NSFW rant in the penalty box - Article - BARDOWN ). But yeah...I wouldn't have given him an option. Take the 2 for instigating.

Matheson is a punk.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
…is that normal?

It’s a dumb question. “Is it normal to conduct practice without the coach?” No, Love, it’s not. That’s the coaches job.

Jason King is running practice. Still a little weird. Maybe he got stuck in traffic?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad