Post-Game Talk: Avs def. Canucks a 4-1 (Pettersson)

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I'm still a bit confused here. Did any of the reporters ask if Boudreau and management have discussed the situation recently?

I would think there would be some basic communication between the sides, maybe even to the point where they could have asked him if he wanted to keep coaching until a switch is made and I assume the answer to that would be yes from Boudreau.

This way the media has pushed the story makes the management look really bad and Bruce look really good. Maybe that is what's actually happening, but it would be nice to hear it confirmed.

Reactions: racerjoe

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
I'm still a bit confused here. Did any of the reporters ask if Boudreau and management have discussed the situation recently?

I would think there would be some basic communication between the sides, maybe even to the point where they could have asked him if he wanted to keep coaching until a switch is made and I assume the answer to that would be yes from Boudreau.

This way the media has pushed the story makes the management look really bad and Bruce look really good. Maybe that is what's actually happening, but it would be nice to hear it confirmed.

32 thoughts made this exact point, which is kind of funny with the way they are still reporting it.

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
The Canucks have become the absolute worst mismanaged franchise in the league

Zero class toxic organization from owner down

Entire NHL fanbase sees it

I hope class guys like Kuzzy run and guys like podz and podz find real teams to develop them

I truly hope the Canucks under aquaman vaporize

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Well, an absolutely trash organization, what they are doing to Bruce, just let the guy go already, for f***s sake’s.

Reprehensible. I do not understand why not just...fire him and put in interim, then look for candidate.

I hope Hughes and Pete both demand a trade, this is despicable way to treat a coach.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I do not understand why not just...fire him and put in interim, then look for candidate.

Is this what Bruce said he wanted?

Seems like the kind of guy who wants to coach as many games as possible? I don't know, nobody has asked him.

I'm fine with people feeling bad for him because it's a shitty situation, but I draw the line at that. The "just be nice to Bruce and fire him!" camp are insufferable and just projecting their own emotions and what they would want onto someone else and I can't stand it.

Reactions: Vector and racerjoe

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby

Seems like the kind of guy who wants to coach as many games as possible? I don't know, nobody has asked him.

I'm fine with people feeling bad for him because it's a shitty situation, but I draw the line at that. The "just be nice to Bruce and fire him!" camp are insufferable and just projecting their own emotions and what they would want onto someone else and I can't stand it.

If that's what Bruce wanted, that's fair. But is there a way to communicate that to the fans properly without looking like a bunch of scumbags are running the organization?

Reactions: me2 and m9

credulous

Nov 18, 2021

even if this is the case the organization look like absolute scumbags and imbeciles for letting this play out this way. either they are cruel and classless or they are so bad at messaging and managing that the entire industry now believes them to be cruel and classless

Reactions: m9

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
If that's what Bruce wanted, that's fair. But is there a way to communicate that to the fans properly without looking like a bunch of scumbags are running the organization?

even if this is the case the organization look like absolute scumbags and imbeciles for letting this play out this way. either they are cruel and classless or they are so bad at messaging and managing that the entire industry now believes them to be cruel and classless

Totally, the entire situation with management/Bruce has been handled terribly since this off-season. Whatever the story is, the team has let the media completely handle the whole thing and played dumb instead being accountable about the situation. Add another embarrassment to the list we've had here in the last couple of years.

My only issue is specific to the "be nice to Bruce and fire him!" crowd as I think it's completely presumptuous to assume Boudreau would take that option if presented. Not only do I not assume that, I actually assume the opposite and he would say he's going to keep showing up and coaching until they tell him not to. It's something that I brought up days or weeks ago and it's embarrassing that our media hasn't brought it up directly despite talking to Bruce a dozen times recently.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
What they’re doing to Bruce is criminal. How are we gonna attract anyone players or staff tk come here with this shit? f***.

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC

Bruce seeing this Tweet.

FaroffRedBlueshark-size_restricted.gif

Diogenes92

Dec 13, 2014
North Vancouver
The Canucks have become the absolute worst mismanaged franchise in the league

Zero class toxic organization from owner down

Entire NHL fanbase sees it

I hope class guys like Kuzzy run and guys like podz and podz find real teams to develop them

I truly hope the Canucks under aquaman vaporize
"Fans" who support ownership and media who make excuses and shill for ownership should be ashamed of themselves.

What they’re doing to Bruce is criminal. How are we gonna attract anyone players or staff tk come here with this shit? f***.
Wouldn't be surprised if this pisses of more than a few guys in the locker room and they take their first opportunity to get out. Pettersson being one of them.

Reactions: Ozone and geebaan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad