Post-Game Talk: Avs def. Canucks a 4-1 (Pettersson)

Annihilator Gator

Dec 29, 2018
It sucks. I agree with farhan. The president has no idea what this fanbase wants. Dalhi annoys the hell outta me when he says attach a bad contract to it. It's going to take longer then they say. Especially if they target a bunch of rehab hope they figure it out players. Honestly as a fan this just blows. Putting off the inevitable. By the time we have enough in the pipeline those contracts are either done or actually buy-outable. Taking the shortcut will only screw us over more.

Reactions: Indiana and Bgav

Diogenes92

Dec 13, 2014
North Vancouver
Did Bruce do something to Francesco or Rutherford or someone else high up in the organization? This feels like punishment, not just any old crappy situation. Organizations either get a new coach or if the owner doesn't want to pay for another fired coach, keep their thoughts on coaching tight lipped until the end of the season.

This is something else. This feels purposely cruel.
Maybe he said: "This core is getting stale. Needs an overhaul."

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014

1674284742872.png

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Myers calling out the situation for what it is might be his finest moment as a Canuck (that or pulverizing Duncan Keith, hard to choose)

This is such a joke.

But good on the fans for letting Boudreau know they’ve got his back.
Well if Myers isn’t on the ice for like 2-3 GA per game maybe BB will still have a job.
It’s interesting to see him say something while being completely oblivious to the fact he is part of the the cause to it.

Reactions: quat

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
The difference is that Boudreau is being left twisting in the wind. He apparently hasn't been spoken to and he's being very publicly humiliated vs, say, Miller making asinine comments about his play after just signing a big contract.

Very different in how both are being treated and how both are reacting to things.

This team has suffered for over a decade now under this ownership. Fans want something--anything--to feel good about. An enthusiastic coach who has solid credentials and a personality? There isn't a lot to like or enjoy about the Canucks lately, and there's very little fans can do.

So yeah, they're going to rally around the coach. What the hell else are they going to do?

What about versus fans wanting the team to be ruthless with Boeser after his fathers passing? Does that fit your narrative?

Like I don't deny the team should have cut him lose. I haven't seen anything that says he hasn't been spoken to. I think the quote I remember is him saying he knows what is going on, which is vague. As far as I know we don't know. And I don't really think it fully excuses them anyway as they should have done it so it wasn't a circus.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
Well if Myers isn’t on the ice for like 2-3 GA per game maybe BB will still have a job.
It’s interesting to see him say something while being completely oblivious to the fact he is part of the the cause to it.
Take hockey out of the equation man! For one second. This is about more than hockey. A player, whether or not he's performing badly, is well within his right to comment on it, especially when his on ice play has nothing to do with how the Canucks are treating Boudreau. Team and player performances impact organizational decisions on coaching, yes, but they don't impact how organizations choose to conduct themselves.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Take hockey out of the equation man! For one second. This is about more than hockey and a player, whether or not he's performing badly, is well within his right to comment on it, especially when his on ice play has nothing to do with how the Canucks are treating Boudreau.
Well his on ice play is directly contributing to this team being bottom 6 in the league right now no? You think if he actually played to the level that is in line with his contract we will be having this convo right now?

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
Well his on ice play is directly contributing to this team being bottom 6 in the league right now no? You think if he actually played to the level that is in line with his contract we will be having this convo right now?
I edited my post to elaborate on what I mean. Canucks brass is CHOOSING to handle the situation this way. That has nothing to do with player/team performance.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
You blame him for accepting a contract that pays him more than he’s worth? If Myers had some magical switch that would make him smarter on the ice that would be nice and I’m sure he’d flip it on if he could.

Is there a player editor mode in real life? Not sure they even gave that feature in the video games lol

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
You blame him for accepting a contract that pays him more than he’s worth? If Myers had some magical switch that would make him smarter on the ice that would be nice and I’m sure he’d flip it on if he could.

Is there a player editor mode in real life? Not sure they even gave that feature in the video games lol
Well I don’t blame him for taking the bag, good for him. But I hate him for taking the bag because he makes our team worse.

Reactions: timw33

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Well I don’t blame him for taking the bag, good for him. But I hate him for taking the bag because he makes our team worse.
Him taking the bag doesn’t mean he can’t comment on amateur hour off the ice. This is his 3rd organization, he’s been on good/bad/mediocre teams and played for multiple GM’s/coaches, he’s jckufubg another Canadian team, so I’m guessing he knows what’s normal and what’s not.

Him being a good player or not is about as relevant as what I had dinner for tonight when commenting on what’s going on with this team right now.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Him taking the bag doesn’t mean he can’t comment on amateur hour off the ice. This is his 3rd organization, he’s been on good/bad/mediocre teams and played for multiple GM’s/coaches, he’s jckufubg another Canadian team, so I’m guessing he knows what’s normal and what’s not.

Him being a good player or not is about as relevant as what I had dinner for tonight when commenting on what’s going on with this team right now.
I am not saying he shouldn’t comment on it, it’s a free world, he can comment on whatever he wants.
I am just pointing out that we wouldn’t be at this spot if he actually performed and held up his end of the deal.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I am not saying he shouldn’t comment on it, it’s a free world, he can comment on whatever he wants.
I am just pointing out that we wouldn’t be at this spot if he actually performed and held up his end of the deal.
And I’m pointing out that if Myers/Cogliano are alluding to issues with how things are being handled by JR and co then there’s probably truth to it.

Who cares how much money Bruce is getting, there’s a professional standard in this league when conducting business.

I’d take a million dollars to get kicked out of a hotel and told to get my own cab home too, doesn’t mean every team should treat their coaches like Gallant.

None of what you’re saying is relevant.

gringo

Jul 13, 2022
You’d have to think Myers has seen a lot of shit in his time and the look on his face … I don’t think he was BSing us or covering for his own performance. I’d like to see him gone next year at any cost but he’s still an NHL player and long time vet

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
And I’m pointing out that if Myers/Cogliano are alluding to issues with how things are being handled by JR and co then there’s probably truth to it.

Who cares how much money Bruce is getting, there’s a professional standard in this league when conducting business.

I’d take a million dollars to get kicked out of a hotel and told to get my own cab home too, doesn’t mean every team should treat their coaches like Gallant.

None of what you’re saying is relevant.
Umm you do realize I am commenting on Myers.

Read through the post you responded to and my subsequent response to your replies. It’s all about Myers. It seems like you are thinking i am talking about something else other than Myers.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
This is irrelevant to the situation at hand which is the main discussion here(treatment of Bruce, and just the overall clown show with this management group since JR's HNIC appearance near the end of last season up until now).

Reactions: bh53 and geebaan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad