Post-Game Talk: Avs def. Canucks a 4-1 (Pettersson)

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I get the feeling of disappointment about what's happening with Boudreau right now, but after the last couple of games the people I really feel sorry for are the people in the stands. I shudder to think how much they shelled out to watch the last couple at Rogers Arena.

The game is essentially over after the first period. Once the Canucks get behind by a couple, the rest of game may as well be called off. Canucks with nothing to play for. There's going to be some ugly games coming up in garbage time in February and March.

Reactions: Indiana and geebaan

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
First game when you felt the team was going through the motions. Effort was sometimes there, but there seemed so little belief. Team seems resigned to the fact they are not making the playoffs. Overall, a very flat effort.

Couldn't point at anyone as being very good. Pettersson scored a nice goal but even he did not seem fully involved. Also, Hughes energized at times.

Other players simply don't have it, such as Dries, Joshua , Studnicka, or Lazar, while others like Micheyev (very poor tonight) and Boeser are asked to play above their level.

Lots of lapses around the net and again the goal tending was spotty.

Classy to see the fans give Boudreau some support but the whole situation is very forlorn. Rutherford inherited a very bad situation created by an owner and and the dope he hired and let run the organization for near a decade.. However, Rutherford's treatment of Boudreau deserves a lot of criticism.

The direction ahead should always have been clear and surely is clear now. But you can only be sure the needed changes are made, or will be successful, with Fredo out of the picture.

Fear what will happen with a hot Edmonton team in here tomorrow.

Last edited:

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
At this point you really need to tar and feather the fat slumlord. Anyone attending home games for any reason other than throwing jerseys and signs on the ice are part of the problem

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
These post game comments give me hope for a blowout tomorrow on national TV. Another step towards Bedard, and our ownership/management look even worse for this entire Boudreau situation.

I don't think Ducks and Blackhawks are catchable, but I have faith for catching the rest. As long as we enter the lottery with top 5 odds I'll take it.

gringo

Jul 13, 2022
Jesus this Myers interview is brutal. Ugly. Dark. Bleak.

Just bleak.

I’ve been a Canuck fan since ‘94. One of my first vivid memories is Bure in 2OT watching from my grandmas living room during a large family dinner. I ran around the room with my cousins cheering. I’ve never really felt the need to have a drink while watching hockey. It’s not my vice really- highs, lows whatever. Tonight I went and poured myself a scotch after this game. To Bruce, and to Canucks fans. Maybe the word I missed above was sorrow.

Last edited:

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Jesus this Myers interview is brutal. Ugly. Dark. Bleak.

Just bleak.

I’ve been a Canuck fan since ‘94. One of my first vivid memories is Bure in 2OT watching from my grandmas living room during a large family dinner. I ran around the room with my cousins cheering. I’ve never really felt the need to have a drink while watching hockey. It’s not my vice really- highs, lows whatever. Tonight I went and poured myself a scotch after this game. To Bruce, and to Canucks fans. Maybe the word I missed about was sorrow.
And Pettersson saying next question when asked what his thoughts about this situation. Yikes

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
Did Bruce do something to Francesco or Rutherford or someone else high up in the organization? This feels like punishment, not just any old crappy situation. Organizations either get a new coach or if the owner doesn't want to pay for another fired coach, keep their thoughts on coaching tight lipped until the end of the season.

This is something else. This feels purposely cruel.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
I don't know, I think the team has treated Bruce like crap and he doesn't deserve to be treated like he is. I do want to know if he was given the option to stick around until they found their guy, like has been mentioned but as far as we know this has been crap.

Having said that I don't think it is unfair to criticize his coaching like they did at the beginning of the season.

Also what some people might say is classy with the Bruce there it is chants, I think right now... I mean taking the way he has been treated out of this for a second, but he has been terrible this season. On that side it is hard to want to keep giving him that type of accolade. I get it... that is where the human side comes in, but still, when posters talk about being cold on one hand with players, and their contracts, I can't see this as different.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
I don't know, I think the team has treated Bruce like crap and he doesn't deserve to be treated like he is. I do want to know if he was given the option to stick around until they found their guy, like has been mentioned but as far as we know this has been crap.

Having said that I don't think it is unfair to criticize his coaching like they did at the beginning of the season.

Also what some people might say is classy with the Bruce there it is chants, I think right now... I mean taking the way he has been treated out of this for a second, but he has been terrible this season. On that side it is hard to want to keep giving him that type of accolade. I get it... that is where the human side comes in, but still, when posters talk about being cold on one hand with players, and their contracts, I can't see this as different.

The difference is that Boudreau is being left twisting in the wind. He apparently hasn't been spoken to and he's being very publicly humiliated vs, say, Miller making asinine comments about his play after just signing a big contract.

Very different in how both are being treated and how both are reacting to things.

This team has suffered for over a decade now under this ownership. Fans want something--anything--to feel good about. An enthusiastic coach who has solid credentials and a personality? There isn't a lot to like or enjoy about the Canucks lately, and there's very little fans can do.

So yeah, they're going to rally around the coach. What the hell else are they going to do?

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
First game when you felt the team was going through the motions. Effort was sometimes there, but there seemed so little belief. Team seems resigned to the fact they are not making the playoffs. Overall, a very flat effort.

Couldn't point at anyone as being very good. Pettersson scored a nice goal but even he did not seem fully involved. Also, Hughes energized at times.

Other players simply don't have it, such as Dries, Joshua , Studnicka, or Lazar, while others like Micheyev (very poor tonight) and Boeser are asked to play above their level.

Lots of lapses around the net and again the goal tending was spotty.

Classy to see the fans give Boudreau some support but the whole situation is very forlorn. Rutherford inherited a very bad situation created by an owner and the dope he hired and let create that situation. However, his treatment of Boudreau deserves a lot of criticism.

The direction ahead should always have been clear and surely is clear now. But you can only be sure the needed changes are made, or will be successful, with Fredo out of the picture.

Fear what will happen with a hot Edmonton team in here tomorrow.

Is it clear? As far as I can tell they think they can patch-work this team to a "contender" within a couple of years.

I think that's impossible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad