Post-Game Talk: Avs def. Canucks a 4-1 (Pettersson)

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Fact is, Myers is probably a really decent guy. He's just wildly inconsistent as hockey player and earns every bit of the frustration we fans feel about him. Again, seems like a great person.

This organization continues to pick away at my interest in the team. You'd have to almost plan to be this bad, and yet they've actually done their level best to be good. That's amazing.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Fact is, Myers is probably a really decent guy. He's just wildly inconsistent as hockey player and earns every bit of the frustration we fans feel about him. Again, seems like a great person.

This organization continues to pick away at my interest in the team. You'd have to almost plan to be this bad, and yet they've actually done their level best to be good. That's amazing.
It’s no different than beer league. We all play with that one dman that just infuriates the hell out of you and just isn’t good enough but he’s a good dude in the room.

We only know one side of Myers and the fact he said what he said, being on the teams he’s been on, says it all.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Fans being prevented from cheering for the team’s current active head coach is the most bizarre thing I’ve ever seen as a fan of this club, and I’ve been a fan for a long time and seen a lot of weird shit.

It is getting the Barbara Streisand effect. More people are talking about it now.

Last edited:

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Well his on ice play is directly contributing to this team being bottom 6 in the league right now no? You think if he actually played to the level that is in line with his contract we will be having this convo right now?

Myers doesn't seem like he's a lazy floater who cashed in, he's just not very good. It's not his fault he's not worth what he's getting paid, the blame lies with the GM who offered him a truck load of money. If some foolish GM offered me a $30m+ one way contract even though I can't play hockey I'll be lacing them up praying nobody takes my head off before I get benched.

Also, if he is one of the problems directly contributing to this team being bottom 6, which he is, then it makes even more sense for him to stand up for Bruce since it's obvious to anyone who has watched the Canucks for the past 10 years that Bruce is not the problem.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
What about versus fans wanting the team to be ruthless with Boeser after his fathers passing? Does that fit your narrative?

Like I don't deny the team should have cut him lose. I haven't seen anything that says he hasn't been spoken to. I think the quote I remember is him saying he knows what is going on, which is vague. As far as I know we don't know. And I don't really think it fully excuses them anyway as they should have done it so it wasn't a circus.

Being decisive and doing what is best is one thing, being cruel for no reason is another. The way this has dragged on, and it has bo reason to drag on, serves no benefit to the team. It's not even close to player negotiations.

Reactions: Indiana

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Being decisive and doing what is best is one thing, being cruel for no reason is another. The way this has dragged on, and it has bo reason to drag on, serves no benefit to the team. It's not even close to player negotiations.

We can speculate why its dragging on but we don't know. Again do we know if they talked to Bruce to see if he wants to coach out the time while we found our coach? Or if they are firing the entire staff they possibly couldn't have a interm coach to take his place. I am sure there is other possibilities but any would be aimless speculation.

At this point that is all we are doing on either side is speculate.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
To be honest, aside from winning a cup and walking away on his own terms, having an arena full of people chanting my name before my retirement isn't a terrbile way to go out.

Rutherford had no idea what he was walking into.
All those years of Benning ineptitude has had a result most management people have totally missed. It forged the fans into some small part of unity.

Fans have an extreme amount of power if they can act in unison.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Well if Myers isn’t on the ice for like 2-3 GA per game maybe BB will still have a job.
It’s interesting to see him say something while being completely oblivious to the fact he is part of the the cause to it.

While true, it isn’t Myers’ fault that the Canucks gave him a stupid contract or that he keeps getting played by the powers that be.

I hate watching him play - but he gives an honest effort every night, which separates him from some real slugs like Eriksson and Messier for me.

And somebody needed to state the obvious. Good on him for doing it.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
While true, it isn’t Myers’ fault that the Canucks gave him a stupid contract or that he keeps getting played by the powers that be.

I hate watching him play - but he gives an honest effort every night, which separates him from some real slugs like Eriksson and Messier for me.

And somebody needed to state the obvious. Good on him for doing it.
It isn’t his fault for taking the money, I don’t blame him for that, taking the money is good, everyone should take the money.

But at the same time, that doesn’t make me not hate him for essentially being an anchor for our D. I would cheer on for others to make money when the opportunity comes but I absolute hate it when we the fans have to suffer the consequences.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Fans being prevented from cheering for the team’s current active head coach is the most bizarre thing I’ve ever seen as a fan of this club, and I’ve been a fan for a long time and seen a lot of weird shit.

It's astounding how outsized FAQ's ego is right now and how deeply interconnected it has become with the Canucks after becoming overly involved.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
and again the goal tending was spotty.

I fully expected Delia to crap the bed hard in this one, the first start he's "earned" with good play in awhile, but he didn't actually. One 10 foot out gimme (thanx JT Miller for the pathetic giveaway) 2 5-on-3 no hopers (one off the butt of the chaos giraffe) and a ridiculous knuckleball amounted to 4 almost impossible goals against but the rest of his game was surprisingly solid IMHO. Martin should be interesting against Edmonton...

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
It's astounding how outsized FAQ's ego is right now and how deeply interconnected it has become with the Canucks after becoming overly involved.

I'm actually rattled by the dystopian lunacy we saw last night where the Vancouver Canucks organization was censoring fans for cheering for the head coach of the Vancouver Canucks.

Like, at this point you think you've seen everything and nothing can surprise you. And then that happens.

Reactions: me2 and Zippgunn

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I'm actually rattled by the dystopian lunacy we saw last night where the Vancouver Canucks organization was censoring fans for cheering for the head coach of the Vancouver Canucks.

Like, at this point you think you've seen everything and nothing can surprise you. And then that happens.
Why are you so shocked? They already been screwing with the sound, either by muffling the sound or adding canned cheers/chants.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Why are you so shocked? They already been screwing with the sound, either by muffling the sound or adding canned cheers/chants.

There's trying to make it sound like fans are more excited. And there's censoring things that are critical of the team and ownership. These things are a bit ridiculous, but they happen.

To be censoring fans for cheering for their team is absolutely batshit and the single craziest thing I think I've ever seen as a fan of this team. The arena DJ had apparently been told that the coach was fired and to drown out chants, with that coach still working and behind the bench and trying to win the game for the organization. It's absolutely f***ed.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
There's trying to make it sound like fans are more excited. And there's censoring things that are critical of the team and ownership. These things are a bit ridiculous, but they happen.

To be censoring fans for cheering for their team is absolutely batshit and the single craziest thing I think I've ever seen as a fan of this team. The arena DJ had apparently been told that the coach was fired and to drown out chants, with that coach still working and behind the bench and trying to win the game for the organization. It's absolutely f***ed.
It's f***ed but you have to remember how f***ing stupid and crazy the owner is. The pit is bottomless with this asshole. FAQ could punch a kid in public and I wouldn't be shocked at all.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
What about versus fans wanting the team to be ruthless with Boeser after his fathers passing? Does that fit your narrative?

What f***ing narrative?

What are you talking about?

I have no idea why you brought up Boeser, but it's a shitty situation all around (re: fans don't have a lot to be excited about.)

Like I don't deny the team should have cut him lose. I haven't seen anything that says he hasn't been spoken to. I think the quote I remember is him saying he knows what is going on, which is vague. As far as I know we don't know. And I don't really think it fully excuses them anyway as they should have done it so it wasn't a circus.

All of the stories I've seen have been saying that Boudreau is more or less in the same boat as the rest of us. He knows something is coming but he hasn't really been communicated to beyond that.

Regardless, fans clamoring for Boeser to be traded has nothing to do with the way management/ownership has treated a 40 year veteran or people being understandably pissed at how he was being treated.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
We can speculate why its dragging on but we don't know. Again do we know if they talked to Bruce to see if he wants to coach out the time while we found our coach? Or if they are firing the entire staff they possibly couldn't have a interm coach to take his place. I am sure there is other possibilities but any would be aimless speculation.

At this point that is all we are doing on either side is speculate.

Professionalism, bruh.

There are ways to go about and handle things.

Look at how management handled Mitchell (allowed him opportunity find a deal via free agency) or Manny.

Compare it to this dog turd.

I get you like being devil's advocate, but there's no real way to spin this favorably for ownership/management.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
What f***ing narrative?

What are you talking about?

I have no idea why you brought up Boeser, but it's a shitty situation all around (re: fans don't have a lot to be excited about.)

All of the stories I've seen have been saying that Boudreau is more or less in the same boat as the rest of us. He knows something is coming but he hasn't really been communicated to beyond that.

Regardless, fans clamoring for Boeser to be traded has nothing to do with the way management/ownership has treated a 40 year veteran or people being understandably pissed at how he was being treated.

I am talking about the fans wanting to take boeser to arb. after his father passed. That is a cold hard business move.

No one has asked is my point. So I have seen or heard i guess two people 32 thoughts on Monday and I can't remember who else, ask to themselves if maybe management did ask Bruce if he wanted to coach it out until they hired his replacement. No clue if this is true because no one asked... so yeah no one knows.

Professionalism, bruh.

There are ways to go about and handle things.

Look at how management handled Mitchell (allowed him opportunity find a deal via free agency) or Manny.

Compare it to this dog turd.

I get you like being devil's advocate, but there's no real way to spin this favorably for ownership/management.

You also have missed where I said they should have fired him either way. I am not trying to stand up for what has happened here. I think it is a shitty situation no matter how you slice it. However people are not treating all situations the same. I can think it is a shitty situation and still think fans were crapy and being heartless with brock. I can think it is a shitty situation and still question why the media didn't just follow up and ask if management had talked to him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad