Post-Game Talk: Avs def. Canucks - 4-3 (OT) (Miller, Mikheyev, Zadorov) | Swear words.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
Was at the game. A few observations

Looking at the shot attempts isn't a great marker for the Avs outplaying the Canucks. They certainly did from late 2nd on but with a 3-0 lead the Canucks were content to sit back and stay positionally sound. Probably would and should have worked with proper execution but as some mentioned poor turnovers and lack of strength on a bunch of pucks at critical spots resulted in extensive forays by the Avs to which they were left scrambling. Lindholm and Pettersson especially need to be better.

Kyle Rehman should not have a job in the NHL.

Manson from the opening face off was jawing and going at Miller. It was so incredibly obvious that elbow was predatory. Was an easy 5 and a game plus suspension it wasn't even his check he literally skated over to take a run at him. JT MIller is not some 4th line plugger. That was an egregious mistake and it continued with horrendous calls that directly influenced the Avs ability to get back into the game. Certainly expect ebbs and flows of calls from game to game but last night was insulting. You could also hear him yelling at Hughes who wanted an explanation on his pathetic call. Unprofessional junk he should have a hearing but we know he wont and if Tocchet or Myers or whoever says anything we know what were getting the next few games after....another lesson.

The Pettersson line was awful. Of all the great players on the ice he certainly was not in the same class last night which is disappointing given the opponent. Lindholm continues to be underwhelming and had a few huge mistakes in advancing pucks and coverage that were costly. Without JT Miller this team is not nearly the same.

You give a team like the Avs an opening and they will exploit it. Both the team and Refs gave them that opening which sucks but the team needs to be good enough that even with a few bad calls a 3-0 lead almost into the 3rd is a win. Not enough players pulling on the rope
I 100% agree with this but what makes it worse is that they let Duhiame-Mittelstadt-Drouin dominate them. If the Canucks first line plays even with the other teams first line which I thought they did. The Pettersson line should have pretty favourable matchups especially when the third line get back together. But that does not matter when you let a line of Mittelstatdt plus two guys that should be no where close to top six on a contender dominate you.

Last edited:

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I 100% agree with this but what makes it worse is that they let Duhiame-Mittelstadt-Drouin dominate them. If the Canucks first line play even with the other team first line which I thought they did. The Pettersson line should have pretty favourable matchups especially when the third line get back together. But that does not matter when you let a line of Mittelstatdt plus two guys that should be no where close to top six on a contender dominate you.
Yea, it was a disappointing game from both him and Lindholm. Can’t even use the linemate excuse because look at the lines they were playing against. Not exactly stacked top 6 skill.

aquaweenie

Feb 23, 2024
f*** it- so many fans bending over backwards to criticize the team - I’ll blame the refs - f*** these unaccountable idiots . Two soft 5 on 3 calls against the canucks in the last few games- coupled with no supplemental discipline for Manson gives me deja vu from 2011. Throw in the Canadian media justifying the refs and Spector saying the canucks “invented the headsnap in 2011” and the canucks media just taking it and justifying the refs awfulness and this is going to be an awful playoffs.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
I 100% agree with this but what makes it worse is that they let Duhiame-Mittelstadt-Drouin dominate them. If the Canucks first line plays even with the other teams first line which I thought they did. The Pettersson line should have pretty favourable matchups especially when the third line get back together. But that does not matter when you let a line of Mittelstatdt plus two guys that should be no where close to top six on a contender dominate you.
Drouin actually didn't play last night. He was out with a knee injury. Yakov Trenin took his spot on that line.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
Drouin actually didn't play last night. He was out with a knee injury. Yakov Trenin took his spot on that line.
Yeah my I went to the AVS GDT to see the lines because I was wondering who Mittelstadt was playing with and it said Drouin. Thanks for the clarification. Makes how the Pettersson line played look worse too.

• Haha
Reactions: Nick Lang

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
Yeah my I went to the AVS GDT to see the lines because I was wondering who Mittelstadt was playing with and it said Drouin. Thanks for the clarification. Makes how the Pettersson line played look worse too.
Ya he was a last minute scratch.

Damn is JT Miller a heck of a player. Wish the Avs had traded for him a couple years ago when there were a few rumours floating around before Horvat got traded instead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad