GDT: Avs @ Cherubs 8:00 MT, Duchene was bitten by a radioactive Kenyan sprinter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Do you guys know any Real Madrid fans I can pick on right now? As well, no one seems to agree with me about Barrie. Either that or I'm speaking a different language again.

Those guys all wyas put a smile on my face. Pretty ssure TPS is a Madrid fan.

**** this I'm gonna watch Winter's bone.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Here's our next five games

Nashville (H)
St Louis (H)
Los Angeles (A)
Anaheim (A)
San Jose (A)

:help:

GirardIsStupid

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
All you need is the net. My good sir. It does suck goltv got out priced by bein. Hopefully it comes to Canada during the sunmer

I found a good streaming site for FC Barcelona games. People in Canada rip on me for being a soccer fan. They just don`t understand how tough a sport it is.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
WoW, Kinda bummed the DVR recorded the 3rd period. Was enjoying the tanking of the tank, but all is back on track I see. Too tired to read all this thread, but it seems
1) Defense is still poor except Hejda and Barrie, so of course we need to change the pairings mid game so all 6 look rough.
2)Pajamas looks like a promising pick up
3) Staz and his line looked good
4)Dutch looks a bit like he;s tired from carrying this team lately. Seemed to fade a bit tonight.
5) Mitchell looks like a 3C and not a 4C.
6) Varly...we are sorry for what you are going through.
7) PP, PK, coaching, and horribly lazy penalties killed us tonight.

Fun game to watch though minus the tanking at the end

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Left to see Die Hard 5 when we were up 4-3. Now that I see that we lost...everyone is blaming Stastny right?

No. He got called out on CBC for not doing enough or earning his contract but no one here is really blaming him for the loss. Him and Palushaj had some scoring opportunities but in the end, you still have to produce and he didn't.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
That's what I figured. I just read Daters tweet that "Yeah the Defense was bad but this loss is on Stastny and Jones". His line looked good when I was watching despite not getting any points.

Not to mention Stastny is usually the punching bag around here.

Mr Serious

Jul 23, 2011
That's what I figured. I just read Daters tweet that "Yeah the Defense was bad but this loss is on Stastny and Jones". His line looked good when I was watching despite not getting any points.

Nothing to do with the 50+ shots given up :shakehead

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I thought pretty much everyone were weak in our own zone today. Second to the puck, weak on the puck and not decisive enough.

Offensively, the team looked pretty decent. Weird game since the problems were different from the problems we've had in previous games.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
It was a difficult game. The Avs-Oilers games have been strange this season, with one team dominating long stretches and periods of play. It switched back to the Oilers in this game during the second period.

On another note, I want to thank everyone that has been apart of these boards over the years. It has been a pleasure to be involved with such a knowledgeable and passionate group of fans. But after close to ten years, it is time for me to move on. This will be my last post and I will attempt to disable my account.

It has been a fun ride and I appreciate the fun times.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
It was a difficult game. The Avs-Oilers games have been strange this season, with one team dominating long stretches and periods of play. It switched back to the Oilers in this game during the second period.

On another note, I want to thank everyone that has been apart of these boards over the years. It has been a pleasure to be involved with such a knowledgeable and passionate group of fans. But after close to ten years, it is time for me to move on. This will be my last post and I will attempt to disable my account.

It's a damn shame you're leaving as I always loved to read your insightful posts.

I wish you only the best.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver

Well unfortunately I kind of agree with Dater on this one when you have 2 players (Jones and Stastny) combining to make 10.6M and they have a grand total of 9pts between them in 24 games played and are a combined -16 that's pretty horrible.

Compare that to our first line (McGinn-Duchene-PAP) who make a combined 9.25M have a combined 35pts in 39 games played and are a combined +9.

Or compare it to the combo of Mitchell and Hejduk (who have mainly been on the 3rd line). they make a combined 3.1M and have a combined 16 pts in 25 games and are a combined +8.

So basically in summation Staz and Jones (mainly Jones but Staz to a certain extent) need to start producing or they need to GTFO.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

You were a damn good poster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad