Post-Game Talk: Avs @ Blues | Saturday, April 5th, 12pm MT | Avs win 4-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
The only thing that bothered me today was Backes going after Mackinnon. Other than that it was pure entertainment.

Agreed

And, I wouldnt have even had an issue with that if Backes had given Mackinnon the chance to retaliate in the fight, which we know he would have.

Backes dropped the mitts and attacked Mack before he could even react. We all know Mackinnon isn't about to just back down, he proved that in the first game of the year.

Would have been fine if they had fought. Backes took a cheap shot though.

Aves Fren

Eat the Stars
Dec 20, 2005
Roy says Backes is gutless and that it shows what kind of leader he is. He's not impressed.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Love it, Roy. Calls out Backes and Shattenkirk.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
People can pile on Bordeleau if they want, but if you want to pile on someone for Bords not fighting, pile on Roy. I am 100% certain based on what the Blues broadcasters said when Bords got back to the bench after serving his penalty that he was ordered by Roy NOT to fight and to not start something.

Believe it or not, I think Roy was trying to calm the game down.

I agree.

Someone should youtube Rycroft's explanation for the Blues fans that don't have any idea how clean the hit was.

"For all the St. Louis announcers out there... Hey, you're big time homers. That was a clean hit. Way to go Patrick Bordeleau." - Rycroft.

I love Rycroft more and more with each passing day.

Aves Fren

Eat the Stars
Dec 20, 2005
Haha Rycroft dropped the Captain Kangaroo reference. He is on fire today. Even more than usual.

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
what did Roy call out shatty for? I know his madness was a bit misplaced, but understandable at the time, Backes was ridiculous

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
Went over to their gdt (stlouis)... looks like a clean bunch. I don't think that they are well represented by the goons who go ranting in other teams' gdt.

I think that's typical with most teams - you get the real fans in one camp, and the professional trolls in another camp, and they don't really overlap much.

The Blues' regulars are quite a good group in my experience.

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
I'm still pretty fired up.

I bet Cody was sitting there itching to fight while watching this game.

As much I respect Mcleod, actually glad he was not in this game.

How many times, less so this year, has McLeod picked a fight in a close game only to see big mo go the other way after the fight.

Cody is a brave man, but IMO he does not have a good feel, or maybe was never properly taught, when to pick his spots.

If Cody is in this game, he fights when the game is 2-0, St. Louis gets pissed then and the game tilts the other way.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Agreed

And, I wouldnt have even had an issue with that if Backes had given Mackinnon the chance to retaliate in the fight, which we know he would have.

Backes dropped the mitts and attacked Mack before he could even react. We all know Mackinnon isn't about to just back down, he proved that in the first game of the year.

Would have been fine if they had fought. Backes took a cheap shot though.

Backes going after MacKinnon was indeed pretty bush league. However, I'd like to note one thing: when Backes dropped his gloves and grabbed MacKinnon right around both collar bones with both hands, Backes could have really kicked the snot out of MacKinnon right then and there - he had his hands in perfect inside position, MacKinnon wasn't defending himself, and Backes is so much bigger - but he didn't. If he wanted to, he could have laid into MacKinnon in a big way, but didn't throw a single punch. At least not until they flopped to the ground.

IMO, Backes' intention was to send a message there (stay away from our skill players or else this sort of stuff will happen), not to hurt MacKinnon. To me, this is clear.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Awesome win for us. A bit of a slow start but I thought we played well for pretty much the entire game.

Backes is such a punk for jumping MacKinnon.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
what did Roy call out shatty for? I know his madness was a bit misplaced, but understandable at the time, Backes was ridiculous
Said it was his stick that got him injured, and he made a big deal out of nothing.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Backes going after MacKinnon was indeed pretty bush league. However, I'd like to note one thing: when Backes dropped his gloves and grabbed MacKinnon right around both collar bones with both hands, Backes could have really kicked the snot out of MacKinnon right then and there - he had his hands in perfect inside position, MacKinnon wasn't defending himself, and Backes is so much bigger - but he didn't. If he wanted to, he could have laid into MacKinnon in a big way, but didn't throw a single punch.

IMO, Backes' intention was to send a message there (stay away from our skill players or else this sort of stuff will happen), not to hurt MacKinnon. To me, this is clear.

There's no real reason to drop the gloves in the first place. Backes was embarrassed that MacKinnon knocked him down then Backes decided that can't stand and eventually tripped him up and throwing him to the ice. Thanks Backes for not filling in our rookie. Really respect him a lot more now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad