Post-Game Talk: Avs @ Blues | Saturday, April 5th, 12pm MT | Avs win 4-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

MvpKinnon

Jul 23, 2011
Helsinki, Finland
Facing our toughest opponent this season but this isn't a must win. We're not trying to catch them. All we need is to hold the #2 spot so losing this game won't hurt us too much.

But I'll take a win any day!

Go Avelunch!

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I disagree.

#FreeCarey

Well Roy agrees with me :p:

I actually thought Bordy looked decent on the 3rd line. He is playing way more minutes than he should, but his physicality and size can be tough on the other team's defensemen (while his defensive IQ and ability is tough on ours). In reality, none of the 4 should be on a 3rd line.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Sigh. Roy's reluctance on calling up a forward is mindboggling sometime.

Can't really think of many teams who play so often with d-men as forwards as us.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
I'd much rather move a ****** defenseman to the fourth line LW than move one of our better defenseman there. I don't think Wilson would do bad tbh. Turnovers in his own zone would be as big of a factor. He can be physical and is OK with the puck.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
So Chambers updated and said no McLeod this weekend but he should return sometime next week. Also, MacKinnon is going back to center in Duchene's spot.

I hope he stops fiddling with Mack at least, he needs some consistency.

MvpKinnon

Jul 23, 2011
Helsinki, Finland
I'd much rather move a ****** defenseman to the fourth line LW than move one of our better defenseman there. I don't think Wilson would do bad tbh. Turnovers in his own zone would be as big of a factor. He can be physical and is OK with the puck.

He will probably get about 3 minutes of ice time anyway. At this point, I don't care who we have on the 4th line :laugh: We have so many key injuries. It shouldn't come down to Carey vs Wilson etc. They will not have enough ice time to decide the game.

Last edited:

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
He will probably get about 3 minutes of ice time anyway. At this point, I don't care who we have on the 4th line :laugh: We have so many key injuries. It shouldn't come down to Carey vs Wilson etc. They will not have enough ice time to decide to game.

I wouldn't mind seeing Wilson get the GWG.

MvpKinnon

Jul 23, 2011
Helsinki, Finland
I wouldn't mind seeing Wilson get the GWG.

Me neither. Our bottom lines have chipped in pretty well in the last stretch. I just don't see the point of making a bigger problem of an injury situation that a couple of AHL callups wouldn't fix anyway. I'm not a big believer in our guys down in the minors.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Every game I feel like this is the one the Avs beat the Blues, which ultimately has led to dissapointment. I think the Blues win again tomorrow (not that I think they're some unbeatable monster like some here seem to think). The Avs will need Duchene to beat them.

I don't mind the Blues gaining more points. I really want to see them matched up against the Stars.

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
Don't we have a couple more call ups allowed before the playoffs? Why not use them now to get some energy out there rather than playing a d-man at forward? Here's to hoping Wilson is a forechecking monster.:pillow:

CrimsonPuma*

Roy probably doesnt want to mess with chemistry at all...

Who cares who plays 4th line minutes.

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
Bords in the lowest skill player playing for us and actually using him as checking minster gives him something to contribute, last game he made some impressive hits and I did not see one wild flying elbow. He and Sarich are painfull on our end....
Wilson is a decent player when healthy, not as much of a liability as those two. He had an injury and really slowed him down . We should bring up some unknown large forward who can play d from our pipeline! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad