GDT: Avs at Panthers | 4pm MT | Time To Show Us What You Have Inside

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I don't find this to be a fair assessment. Coach can't make the players put in the necessary effort.

Florida's effort was just better than ours. They had the hunger to win puck battles and make plays. We looked disinterested, lazy and bored.

Effort level isn't on coaching. These are professionals who know what effort is needed to win and so far on this road trip the effort hasn't been close. That's on the players.
NO ADJUSTMENTS MADE. We all saw what Florida was bringing. Way more than just attitude and effort. I was impressed by how the Panthers executed Paul Maurice's game plan. Jared Bednar... who I think to be an outstanding coach with one exception. He does not have a plan B style for his team. They will bash their heads against the same brick wall until they are bloody because they can only play one style of game...... the Rush, speed thru the NZ, stretch break out, high low o-zone set up.

It amazes me that even when the Avs do crowd the net and flood the slot, the rebounded puck eludes their capture because they are not in the correct lane or position.

Reactions: Metallo

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Ok, fair enough. Let's say we make it to round 2 this year, and Nuke goes AWOL in game 3 for some personal issue or another. At that point are you done with him? Or does it just not matter and play on the ice is the only consideration?

I'm not trying to corner you or anything with the question, I'm genuinely curious as to what people can tolerate from professional athletes.
Nuke is on his last chance in my opinion. Let him go through the program, if he f***s us again he's gone.

We can't really keep giving him unlimited chances. Injuries are one thing but you can't just keep leaving the team high and dry because of personal issues.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Landy obviously has a ton of pull for these guys and they respect him immensely. But there's just a big difference between a leader than can play hard for 20 mins a night and one that can do only 5 but demands you kick ass. That's not a sustainable recipe IMO.
Don't forget about EJ. He clearly loved the team and was well respected in the locker room.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
NO ADJUSTMENTS MADE. We all saw what Florida was bringing. Way more than just attitude and effort. I was impressed by how the Panthers executed Paul Maurice's game plan. Jared Bednar... who I think to be an outstanding coach with one exception. He does not have a plan B style for his team. They will bash their heads against the same brick wall until they are bloody because they can only play one style of game...... the Rush, speed thru the NZ, stretch break out, high low o-zone set up.

It amazes me that even when the Avs do crowd the net and flood the slot, the rebounded puck eludes their capture because they are not in the correct lane or position.
How are you supposed to change it up when literally no player on the ice looked like they gave a damn?

Maybe he did change it up, we'd never know because our effort was so shitty tonight.

Until the players decide to actually give a f*** I won't start blaming the coaches.

mackinnon29

Nov 24, 2017
Ok, fair enough. Let's say we make it to round 2 this year, and Nuke goes AWOL in game 3 for some personal issue or another. At that point are you done with him? Or does it just not matter and play on the ice is the only consideration?

I'm not trying to corner you or anything with the question, I'm genuinely curious as to what people can tolerate from professional athletes.
Agreed it’s not just the front office it gets old with quick it will with teammates as well. Certainly a question that will need answering this offseason if it continues

mackinnon29

Nov 24, 2017
How are you supposed to change it up when literally no player on the ice looked like they gave a damn?

Maybe he did change it up, we'd never know because our effort was so shitty tonight.

Until the players decide to actually give a f*** I won't start blaming the coaches.
Worst 2nd period I’ve seen them play in a very long time, they have a lot more to give then what was shown tonite, hope they have that out of there system now lol

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Maurice ate Bednar's lunch and rubbed Jared's nose in the trash can.

Florida is a real Cup contender. The Avs are pretenders.
It was just a month ago that Florida were on their own 4 game losing skid. All top teams go on losing streaks.

These last four games for the Avs have been bad. Fingers crossed we can turn it around soon.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Avs IMO have played 4 good periods on this road trip: first two in NYR, 3rd in NJ and 1st today. They are tied 3-3.

The other 8 periods plus overtime they have been outscored 14-3.

Shit is f***ing rough right now. Even in good periods they can't break away, meanwhile bad periods they are getting utterly annihilated.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
The only positive here is that there is no way CMAC can justify doing nothing on the trade deadline now
CMac: Oh yeah? Hold my beer.

I can only imagine what this place is going to be like if CMac actually doesn't add anything of value at the deadline. Even better if RyJo also stick around for the year.

I dont think it's a guarantee we do nothing but it really does feel like a realistic outcome given our managements history.

• Wow
Reactions: Vk1ing

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Do we think Nate will get 100 pts ?
No, he won’t get 100 points, won’t win the Hart, CMac won’t do anything at the trade deadline, RyJo won’t go anywhere and will be a key contributor to the Avs 1st round exit, Nuke will stay at the player assistance program for 3 more years, Landy will announce his retirement

I’m always prepared for the worst

Reactions: Bowe Byrum

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Bowen Byram was on the ice for 40(!!!) shot attempts against tonight at 5on5. I honestly dont know if I've ever seen a number that high. 20 minutes of ice time and 40 shots against. And also 22 shots against.

The next highest on the team btw was Cale at 32 shot attempts against, and Lehkonen with 17 actual shots against.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad