GDT: Avs at Panthers | 4pm MT | Time To Show Us What You Have Inside

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
Still think getting nuke and Landy back would be a much better then getting Eller for a second
I'm still sorta skeptical that a meaningful Landy ever comes back and I'm not sure I even want Nuke back. The guy is great, but clearly has lots of issues. I'm sorta sick of them.

• Wow
Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
I'm still sorta skeptical that a meaningful Landy ever comes back and I'm not sure I even want Nuke back. The guy is great, but clearly has lots of issues. I'm sorta sick of them.
I mean, Nuke has issues but he is amazing hockey player.

We need him back

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
People are going to be very disappointed when/if we ever see Landy. I have doubts that he will even be able to be a 4th line caliber player.

Expecting anything more than 4th line is lofty and would be a pure bonus.

Reactions: wayninja

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
The Avs - from top to bottom - got totally schooled tonight. Take away their time and space and they are finished. Florida wasn't afraid of the Avs speed because the Avs didn't bring any tonight.

They were out skilled in just about any scrum or battle along the boards. Florida's 2 - 1 - 2 pressure spread forced turnovers and mis plays galore. Defensively, Fla took away the Avs point by closing on the puck ASAP and thus isolated play from the blue line.

Maurice ate Bednar's lunch and rubbed Jared's nose in the trash can.

Florida is a real Cup contender. The Avs are pretenders.

Meanwhile, CMac contemplates his navel.....

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
It's completely fair. Injuries are part of the sport, you don't seriously think they aren't going to have injuries this year as well? They had plenty of injuries on the Cup run as well.
It was the most dominant cup run during the salary cap era. No, I don't think we can reach that. But if we get a #2c, Nuke and Landy back, we can contend.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

mackinnon29

Nov 24, 2017
If there’s a guy who comes back and plays to his abilities or close to it I’d bet on Landy, guy always works his ass off. Nuke has alotttttt of baggage but his game outweighs it when he’s on the ice (hopefully it’s sooner rather then later) but I hear ya your best ability is availably and he isn’t that right now

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
The Avs - from top to bottom - got totally schooled tonight. Take away their time and space and they are finished. Florida wasn't afraid of the Avs speed because the Avs didn't bring any tonight.

They were out skilled in just about any scrum or battle along the boards. Florida's 2 - 1 - 2 pressure spread forced turnovers and mis plays galore. Defensively, Fla took away the Avs point by closing on the puck ASAP and thus isolated play from the blue line.

Maurice ate Bednar's lunch and rubbed Jared's nose in the trash can.

Florida is a real Cup contender. The Avs are pretenders.

Meanwhile, CMac contemplates his navel.....
I don't find this to be a fair assessment. Coach can't make the players put in the necessary effort.

Florida's effort was just better than ours. They had the hunger to win puck battles and make plays. We looked disinterested, lazy and bored.

Effort level isn't on coaching. These are professionals who know what effort is needed to win and so far on this road trip the effort hasn't been close. That's on the players.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
2C need is the big picture, they need one for a long run, but you can’t blame this loss on not having a 2C. If you took Kadri from the Flames for one day and put him in the lineup for this game, do the Avs win the game? No they don’t. Kadri would just go down with the ship because the whole team played really bad, and they have played badly this whole road trip other than the Rangers game
They looked absolutely shell shocked after that first goal. They were out playing them, and when it didn't go their way, they folded. That shitty woe is me attitude needs to stop. Sitting on the bench all quiet and giving a thousand yard stare isn't going to fix the score.

I hope Bednar calls them out to the media.

mackinnon29

Nov 24, 2017
People are going to be very disappointed when/if we ever see Landy. I have doubts that he will even be able to be a 4th line caliber player.

Expecting anything more than 4th line is lofty and would be a pure bonus.
I’ll take Landy over anything there putting out on the 4th line right now tho lol

Reactions: chet1926

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
They looked absolutely shell shocked after that first goal. They were out playing them, and when it didn't go their way, they folded. That shitty woe is me attitude needs to stop. Sitting on the bench all quiet and giving a thousand yard stare isn't going to fix the score.

I hope Bednar calls them out to the media.

Yep. This game ended after the 1st goal went in. No fight after that point and then they got absolutely lambasted in the 2nd.

Reactions: sethro109

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
I hope Kucherov can win the scoring race since the Avs stink now, hit Mcdavid and the Oilers where it hurts. Take their individual awards away

mackinnon29

Nov 24, 2017
So would I. At this point we just need him in the locker room. Even it means playing 5 mins a night.
Think there is a lot of merit to that, it can get blown out of proportion but I really think his presence is a big blow for these guys. Just seems to hit the right buttons and get everyone pulling the line in the right way

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
If there’s a guy who comes back and plays to his abilities or close to it I’d bet on Landy, guy always works his ass off. Nuke has alotttttt of baggage but his game outweighs it when he’s on the ice (hopefully it’s sooner rather then later) but I hear ya your best ability is availably and he isn’t that right now

Ok, fair enough. Let's say we make it to round 2 this year, and Nuke goes AWOL in game 3 for some personal issue or another. At that point are you done with him? Or does it just not matter and play on the ice is the only consideration?

I'm not trying to corner you or anything with the question, I'm genuinely curious as to what people can tolerate from professional athletes.

Reactions: mackinnon29

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Think there is a lot of merit to that, it can get blown out of proportion but I really think his presence is a big blow for these guys. Just seems to hit the right buttons and get everyone pulling the line in the right way
I've ripped Landy more than anyone on these boards. But we never played games like this when he was in the lineup. He clearly knows how to get the team going.

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017

Landy obviously has a ton of pull for these guys and they respect him immensely. But there's just a big difference between a leader than can play hard for 20 mins a night and one that can do only 5 but demands you kick ass. That's not a sustainable recipe IMO.

Reactions: mackinnon29

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2