Eklund Rumor: Avs and Bruins 5 player swap (involving Landeskog)

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
So put the shoe on the other foot. Why would the Bruins, a team with a defence just as bad as COL's, trade a dman for a winger?

First of all, NO ONE has a defense as bad as the Avs do. Not even close.

Second, I don't know Sweeney at all, but I would imagine that if he is entertaining moving a D-man for Landy, he has a backup plan for either bringing in another defensemen, or a replacement will be coming with Landy.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
As far as Landeskog goes, I think he would be a better fit with Anahiem, he is a type of player they could get for one of their many young D like Theodore, Manson or Montour as part of a package. Duchene to me is what Boston needs up front more than Landeskog, Bruins already have lots of gritty type forwards, they need more scoring.

Killer B

Honey Badger don't care
Aug 28, 2008
Wisconsin
If the Bruins brass is determined to pick up a LW'er, I really wish they would target a cheaper option than Landy.

What would it take to get Parenteau from NYI? Maybe Duclaire from Arizona?

Evander Kane can be a bit of a whack job but he's a prototypical Bruin type player and only under contract for another year and a half (if he would become a problem). I can't imaging he would cost anywhere near what the Landeskog asking price is rumored to be...

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Landeskog isn't just some top 6 forward, he's a first line forward and top 10 LWer. That's not a piece you sell for quantity when he's as young as Landeskog & signed for as many years as Landeskog. That's a piece you only sell if you're getting back exactly what you need.

I don't think he's a top 10 LW.
Ovechkin
Benn
Marchand
Hall
Panarin
Paccieority
Parise
Forsberg
Ehlers
Gaudreau
Steen
Van riemsdyk
Skinner
Saad
Marleau
Lucic
Tkachuk
Kreider
Zetterberg
Jt Miller
Sedin
Foligno

All left wings I'd characterize as either better right now and better right now/and the future. That makes him #23 for LW in the league. Which puts him as a fringe fist line left wing but likely 2nd line left wing considering he's only a 1st line left wing at at most 7 teams in the league.

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
Ovechkin
Benn
Marchand
Hall
Panarin
Paccieority
Parise
Forsberg
Ehlers
Gaudreau
Steen
Van riemsdyk
Skinner
Saad
Marleau
Lucic
Tkachuk
Kreider
Zetterberg
Jt Miller
Sedin
Foligno

All left wings I'd characterize as either better right now and better right now/and the future. That makes him #23 for LW in the league. Which puts him as a fringe fist line left wing but likely 2nd line left wing considering he's only a 1st line left wing at at most 7 teams in the league.

anybody below steen on your list falls under the standard HF undervaluing of avs players (see the diference between value of ROR and Zadorov on 1 July 2015 v. 25 June), and even than anyone under pacioretty (inclusive) is questionable at best

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
anybody below steen on your list falls under the standard HF undervaluing of avs players (see the diference between value of ROR and Zadorov on 1 July 2015 v. 25 June), and even than anyone under pacioretty (inclusive) is questionable at best

I didn't say nor did he say value. He said ability. Daniel sedin and zetterberg and Marla will aren't as valuable as landeskog, but they are better. And skinner is also better as is everyone on my list. What are you talking about? My list wasn't even 1-22 it was a random (to me anyway) assortment of everyone I could think of off the top of my head

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Ovechkin
Benn
Marchand
Hall
Panarin
Paccieority
Parise
Forsberg
Ehlers
Gaudreau
Steen
Van riemsdyk
Skinner
Saad
Marleau
Lucic
Tkachuk
Kreider
Zetterberg
Jt Miller
Sedin
Foligno

Ovi, Benn, Gaudreau, Hall, and Marchand are the only ones who are clearly ahead of Landeskog. Of the rest, only Parise, MaxPac, Panarin & Forsberg have cases to be ranked ahead of Landy that are any good. Everyone beyond that is clearly below Landeskog's level or have a very weak case to be put ahead of Landeskog. That makes him the 10th best LW in the league even if we count all of the debatable guys ahead of him.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
Ovechkin
Benn
Marchand
Hall
Panarin
Paccieority
Parise
Forsberg
Ehlers
Gaudreau
Steen
Van riemsdyk
Skinner
Saad
Marleau
Lucic
Tkachuk
Kreider
Zetterberg
Jt Miller
Sedin
Foligno

Heh...

I needed a laugh. I don't even like Landy that much but good gravy is your opinion bad.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada

got to agree... if a poll was conducted id say landeskog would start getting support at around 10th on the list...

the guys between 10 and 15 or so... flip a coin... they all have pros and cons... id probably take landeskog over any of them but I wouldn't freak out if someone else liked the other guy

trying to put landeskog at 23 shows a distinct bias. rest assured most real gms would be happy to make a 1 for 1 trade to get landeskog in exchange for a lot of these names

gqmixmaster

Jun 1, 2006
Ovechkin
Benn
Marchand
Hall
Panarin
Paccieority
Parise
Forsberg
Ehlers
Gaudreau
Steen
Van riemsdyk
Skinner
Saad
Marleau
Lucic
Tkachuk
Kreider
Zetterberg
Jt Miller
Sedin
Foligno

Laine as well

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
How comfortable is he at RW?

When O'Reilly was still here he played on Duchene's LW quite a bit, and we still had McGinn, so there was a few times our RW depth was weak enough compared to the left side for it to make sense. That changed though obviously, and we signed Iginla for the right side.

Hes was just as good on either side. It's been a while since we've had the depth to even attempt enough lines to use him on the right though. However he hasn't played RW for any serious stretch since Roy's first year.

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
Personally as a B's fan I don't give up Carlo because adding a top-6 forward by subtracting a top-4 d-man seems negligible. I also don't give up McAvoy because I believe the player he could become is far more important than the player Landeskog is. So if I'm Sweeney I'm pushing for a Zboril+DeBrusk/Senyshyn++ kind of deal. If Sakic balks at that then so be it, I don't entirely blame him. But from a Bruins point of view Carlo is too much right now I.E. off the roster looking to make playoffs now impact and McAvoy just has too much upside down the road with an aging Chara.

People won't admit to seeing this train of thought. I too am not giving Sakic what he wants. At the same time the players I do send him might be the ones to keep.

With that said I don't want Bergeron - I want Bergeron +. Hey if he is not out there I'll draft and groom my picks/ I don't want to be chasing my tail continously.

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
Landeskog is awfully good - plus there's a reason why he was named captain at such a young age.
just as easily this would be like being on the other side of the Sequin trade.

Really? Then he should of already had a couple of 80+ points seasons.

Making excuses to justified acquiring a player is not the way to go. The Bruins don't need another captain and they have one waiting on the sidelines already.

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
Ovechkin
Benn
Marchand
Hall
Panarin
Paccieority
Parise
Forsberg
Ehlers
Gaudreau
Steen
Van riemsdyk
Skinner
Saad
Marleau
Lucic
Tkachuk
Kreider
Zetterberg
Jt Miller
Sedin
Foligno

Dude you're just twisting the knife in the wound with this when Landy is playing his worst season points wise... Everyone at their absolute best, he's definitely top 10 lw on that list

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Really? Then he should of already had a couple of 80+ points seasons.

Making excuses to justified acquiring a player is not the way to go. The Bruins don't need another captain and they have one waiting on the sidelines already.

Do the Bruins have any player on their roster who has put up even a single 80+ point season? No? So what's Bergeron, Marchand, & Kecji's excuse? Or are they just not deserving of the title "awfully good" either? They've played on much better teams than Landeskog and had a lot longer to reach that milestone than him, so why can't they achieve this bar for "awfully good"ness?

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Carlo is very good and what Colorado would want moving forward.

Landeskog is very good and what Boston would want moving forward.

Both have huge value and the +'s are what should be debated here, not the talents and value of these two.

hughdreamz

Jun 24, 2006
Michigan
Carlo is very good and what Colorado would want moving forward.

Landeskog is very good and what Boston would want moving forward.

Both have huge value and the +'s are what should be debated here, not the talents and value of these two.

This. Straight up their current today values are similar, but Carlo is not a definite (he's only 20 and COULD be having a fluke season) where with Landeskog you're guaranteed a strong two-way 20-30 goal scorer under a very cap-friendly deal. This is Sakic's position. To trade a guarantee player like this you want a lot in return. It's tough but I think a deal can be done. I think McAvoy/Carlo + 2018 1st + 20 something depth player is fair. 4 pieces is ludicrous. None of these pieces are guarantees, but the bet has to be worth it.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
This. Straight up their current today values are similar, but Carlo is not a definite (he's only 20 and COULD be having a fluke season) where with Landeskog you're guaranteed a strong two-way 20-30 goal scorer under a very cap-friendly deal. This is Sakic's position. To trade a guarantee player like this you want a lot in return. It's tough but I think a deal can be done. I think McAvoy/Carlo + 2018 1st + 20 something depth player is fair. 4 pieces is ludicrous. None of these pieces are guarantees, but the bet has to be worth it.

If a 50 points player is worth a prospect of the caliber of McAvoy or a 20 yo D who is playing on the first pairing as a rookie PLUS a first PLUS a roster player... Then what was Hall, an 80 (EIGHTY) points player, supposed to be worth? Hall was under sold, but Landeskog might be over valued a little bit. Intangibles for the win, I guess.

Another example.... Spooner is 25, can play center/wing, very talented/skilled, quick, strong on the PP, 49 points last year, is on pace for 42 this season, so he is a 40/50 player currently. Should he return a good young D + a good pick + a roster player too? If that was the case, he would have been gone already.
All in all, 50 points wingers are not THAT rare a type of player... I have a feeling that if Landeskog gets traded, the package that Colorado fans are expecting won't materialize.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
The Bruins may make a deal with the Avs, but with the new style under Cassidy and the way Cehlarik is playing they may not need to trade for Landeskog. Cehlarik is showing he belongs in the NHL and is playing great with Krejci and Pastrnak. So unless the Bruins get a favourable deal they like, I would not be surprised they pass on it and either look to get someone else cheaper or just stand pat.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
If a 50 points player is worth a prospect of the caliber of McAvoy or a 20 yo D who is playing on the first pairing as a rookie PLUS a first PLUS a roster player... Then what was Hall, an 80 (EIGHTY) points player, supposed to be worth? Hall was under sold, but Landeskog might be over valued a little bit. Intangibles for the win, I guess.

Another example.... Spooner is 25, can play center/wing, very talented/skilled, quick, strong on the PP, 49 points last year, is on pace for 42 this season, so he is a 40/50 player currently. Should he return a good young D + a good pick + a roster player too? If that was the case, he would have been gone already.
All in all, 50 points wingers are not THAT rare a type of player... I have a feeling that if Landeskog gets traded, the package that Colorado fans are expecting won't materialize.

Agreed Landeskog is a good player no doubting that, but not the type that teams are going to pay through the nose to get. The other night before the Sens game their owner even mentioned the prices for Landeskog and Duchene were insane and no way they were giving up White or Chabot and I don't blame them. Bruins will not trade McAvoy and most likely not Carlo, only way they deal Carlo is if they have another deal for a good young D coming back as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad