Eklund Rumor: Avs and Bruins 5 player swap (involving Landeskog)

jrmysell

Feb 7, 2015
St. Kitts
If a 50 points player is worth a prospect of the caliber of McAvoy or a 20 yo D who is playing on the first pairing as a rookie PLUS a first PLUS a roster player... Then what was Hall, an 80 (EIGHTY) points player, supposed to be worth? Hall was under sold, but Landeskog might be over valued a little bit. Intangibles for the win, I guess.

Another example.... Spooner is 25, can play center/wing, very talented/skilled, quick, strong on the PP, 49 points last year, is on pace for 42 this season, so he is a 40/50 player currently. Should he return a good young D + a good pick + a roster player too? If that was the case, he would have been gone already.
All in all, 50 points wingers are not THAT rare a type of player... I have a feeling that if Landeskog gets traded, the package that Colorado fans are expecting won't materialize.

You do realize the one season that Landeskog has not broken 50 points is when he played 36 games? Calling him a 50 point winger is definitely undervaluing him. Not only is Spooner more of an offensive player whereas Landeskog is one of the top 2 way players, Landeskog is better than him offensively. Landeskog has 4 seasons of more points than Spooner's career high. But way to try to bash the other teams player, maybe next time don't use stats incorrectly.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Landy certainly has value, but teams most certainly are going to be cautious on his cost.

He is having an awful year.....on oace for 40 points.
Since his career high 65 points, this will be his 3rd straight year of declining points and PPG.

Personally, I expect him to bounce back next year to be a 50+ point winger. He is certainly worth a good D prospect....which also have great value in today's NHL. I have said it before, the time to try and grab a D prospect is before they break out, and Carlo is a great example. In the summer, his value would have been the add on to another major piece for Landy. Now, it's who the Avs want and the Bruins don't want to move him.

It's also why if the Avs could trade Duchene to MTL and get Serg+, they should pull the trigger. Because once he hits the NHL and if he plays well, the chance to get him is likely gone.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Keep an eye on Ottawa is my guess.

Lots of injuries to forwards all of a sudden.

I'm not convinced Boston gives what CO wants if prices are as rumored.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad