Confirmed with Link: Avs acquire Reto Berra , Re-Signed to 3-Year Deal (1.45 AAV) [Link/Vids in OP]

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Jiggy gives the team the best chance to win? He hasn't done that since he fell off of a cliff after his winning streak. We don't know what Berra brings yet. For all we know he'll steal the next game he plays in. You don't think Jiggy will be helpful in the dressing room during the playoffs? He's been through it all.

Jiggy and Berra give us the same chance to win, which is slim to none with their current play. Having Allaire work with Berra for a month isn't going to change some very major flaws in his game. We've seen it, Calgary fans have seen it, he isn't ready yet.

Giguere at least shows he can be a brick wall, even if it was almost 5 months ago. Also, of course Jiggy will be helpful in the dressing room, I don't think anyone has stated otherwise.

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
How is he right, did we not lose 7-2 in Chicago two days after Christmas? I mean, state our record as better that's great but it's still not true. Obviously I have no problems saying Chicago should win a series. I doubt one person here or in print would say otherwise. My issue is getting basic facts incorrect.

Just bringing up the whole Jones vs MacKinnon thing, even though he's saying MacKinnon is better it's still an old storyline. His only reason for saying Jones has been disappointing is because he's -24. Many here would argue he hasn't been disappointing this year.

Oh wow, i didn't even catch the issue with the record, my bad. I was just looking at this statement.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Dater only looks at the stats to judge a defensemen, he's been doing that for a while. Sucks that we got stuck with 2 dumbasses at DP, but then agian, DP is a joke.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Dater made a small mistake that neither he nor his editor caught?

ThinkOfTheChildren.jpg

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
And it went out in the paper to millions but who needs facts, right? We'll just make up our own.

Yeah I get it, just a typo who cares, everyone makes mistakes. Still, it's the kind of info I'd read and cite as fact if I didn't follow the team much. It's a bigger mistake than like saying MacKinnon has 55 points instead of 54.

Last edited:

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010

ThinkOfTheChildren.jpg
If it's once in a while thing, I wouldn't ***** about it much but he and Chambers always put incorrect facts on their stories. Is it that hard to double check your own work?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
If it's once in a while thing, I wouldn't ***** about it much but he and Chambers always put incorrect facts on their stories.

I don't like them either but it's a trivial thing to complain about. He made a small mistake in this particular article.

Huis Clos*

ThinkOfTheChildren.jpg

I'm not the biggest fan of Dater, but everyone around here goes out of their way to **** on him. It has gotten stale and it's just silly.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
And it went out in the paper to millions but who needs facts, right? We'll just make up our own.

Yeah I get it, just a typo who cares, everyone makes mistakes. Still, it's the kind of info I'd read and cite as fact if I didn't follow the team much. It's a bigger mistake than like saying MacKinnon has 55 points instead of 54.

And a lot of people didn't read and cite as fact. I kept hearing about how the Avs were undefeated against the Hawks in the season series, and I knew that wasn't true.

These mistakes are so regular I've just become accustomed to them.

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009
There is no better mask painter in the World than Alec Voggel of Airxess. Hiller's and Berras masks always look unique and fantastic, I think this one will be another nice design :handclap:
10155478_10151968027051933_1784121638_n.jpg

captaincheese

The BillDozer ~ PS4
Nov 1, 2013
Hamilton, Ontario
Everyone (on hfboards) decided, after careful consideration and thorough research, that he is the worst goalie of all time.

Pretty sure that title belongs to a one Danny Sabourin.

I don't think we've seen enough of Berra(cade) to judge his performances yet. I think we should all save our judgments until Septembers training camp, and if he can out perform our AHL prospect goalies.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
There is no better mask painter in the World than Alec Voggel of Airxess. Hiller's and Berras masks always look unique and fantastic, I think this one will be another nice design :handclap:
10155478_10151968027051933_1784121638_n.jpg

That looks awesome.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Pretty sure that title belongs to a one Danny Sabourin.

I don't think we've seen enough of Berra(cade) to judge his performances yet. I think we should all save our judgments until Septembers training camp, and if he can out perform our AHL prospect goalies.

Berra played awful in the game he played. Tough to say at this point how he'll turn out.

What do you do if one of Aitto or Pickard beat him out for the job though? Waive him and put him in LE? Great way to spend a 2nd rounder if that happens.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Berra played awful in the game he played. Tough to say at this point how he'll turn out.

What do you do if one of Aitto or Pickard beat him out for the job though? Waive him and put him in LE? Great way to spend a 2nd rounder if that happens.

Is there anymore negative scenarios we can completely fabricate to make ourselves more upset? What if Berra has a bad locker room attitude and he brings Varly down. So essentially we paid a 2nd round pick and 5.9 million per season for a crappy goalie tandem. Great. :shakehead

Maybe Berra is a ladies man. Steals Duchene's girlfriend and Duchene demands a trade. Great way to spend a 2nd round pick. :shakehead

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Sounds like Berra will get one more shot this season, in San Jose against the Sharks in game 81.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
That mask is amazing. I really hope Berra becomes a serviceable backup because I just want to see that mask in action.

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
Sounds like Berra will get one more shot this season, in San Jose against the Sharks in game 81.

Seems odd.

I figured Giguere would get his last NHL start against the Ducks in game 82. If that is the case, Varly does not play the last two games of the season?

If anything I would play him against the Nucks the day before in game 80, then Varly in 81, and Giguere in game 82? Not that taking a few days off will probably be a bad thing for Varly I guess.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Seems odd.

I figured Giguere would get his last NHL start against the Ducks in game 82. If that is the case, Varly does not play the last two games of the season?

If anything I would play him against the Nucks the day before in game 80, then Varly in 81, and Giguere in game 82? Not that taking a few days off will probably be a bad thing for Varly I guess.

That is what Roy said he hoped for, but was leaving the Anaheim game open because of the standings. If the Avs need the game, Varly will play... if the Avs don't, Giguere will play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad