Confirmed with Link: Avs acquire Caleb Jones for Cal Burke

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Yeah this was exactly the type of move I was expecting to be honest. Rather than a waiver claim for a Dman... This way they don't take on an additional contract without losing one, and Jones has already cleared waivers so now he can be assigned to the AHL anytime in the next month essentially unless he plays a bunch of games which feels pretty unlikely.

Smart move, despite a mostly insignificant one IMO.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Would have much prefered a RD but at least we've got someone that now sits between JJ and Malinski/Hunt.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I like it. We have a log jam everywhere but cal burke is taking valuable ice time from youngsters like ivan ivan, JLF and to a lesser extent Steinburg.

On defense, whose really developing there? Malinski is 25, everyone else has multiple AHL years. Might even have Jones up here for a bit.

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
Didn’t Jones have pretty good advanced stats last year?? Might be totally wrong but I had the impression he was atleast somewhat solid

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
What kind of play do we expect from him?

I can’t recall ever really watching him play.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I've always liked him going back to his Oilers days. Nothing special and will make his share of mistakes but he's not a bad player. He's better than JJ but likely won't play over him due to them wanting JJ on the PK.

Reactions: S E P H

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Last year, yes. The cup year, no. Either way, that's like saying one pile of shit is better than another. JJ last year was f***ing horrible.
Okay, we did come 7th overall last year. EJ and JJ have NEVER been how you just described them (both AVS Cup winners, too).

Unsure how you could call players who bleed for your own team names like that, but yeah - each to their own.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Can he have a positive impact when playing as a 6 or is this a replacement/sub replacement guy?

Last edited:

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Carolina doesn't have an AHL affiliate this season as Chicago Wolves ended their relationship. So, kind of makes sense, but bummer if it eats minutes from other guys,
I cant see Jones not being brought up here when hes on a 1 way deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad