Confirmed with Link: Avs acquire Andre Burakovsky for a 2nd rd pick, 3rd rd pick, and Scott Kosmachuk

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
It'd be nice if they could slot Burakovsky as the complementary winger, then I think the onus on him to score lessens considerably. That said, he was on a Washington team with far better offensive depth up front and still struggled mightily, so it might just be that he's not a guy you keep around as anything more than an interim measure.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I'm going to keep pounding this table, but Makar doesn't have 25+ minute skating. The dynamic element of his skating is limited by having more minutes piled on. The depth needs to be there to push him down to the 21-23 range and preferably below 22. Girard shouldn't be 25+ either. His skating adapts better, but he's not good enough defensively to pull it off. So again more in the 22 range. The Avs need players who can keep their minutes down. EJ for all of his issues can still eat 20 minutes. Graves isn't a long-term option there and his limitations are quite obvious. The Avs need Byram AND Timmins to work out to gain the depth they really need. It would be really helpful if they can get a third pairing that can eat 17-18 too. I think this is an easier fix than the #3C spot, especially with Byram... but the Byram can't miss to have the depth be okay. To be great, Timmins can't miss.

This is a bad narrative. Makar is a rookie playing huge minutes after missing the mini training camp with an injury, and only playing 10 games so far.

He'll be fine playing big minutes in his career. He's an exceptional athlete, and he doesn't go 100% all the time. He picks his spots to be aggressive and makes plenty of breakout passes instead of skating with the puck.

Matt Roberts

May 26, 2019
Yeah I've been more disappointed in Kadri than Bura in these two games against Dallas so far. I have higher expectations for him, and Bura's done ok at puck possession in the O zone at times.

Kadri on the other hand has been turning pucks over, not shooting that well, and not hitting anyone. Though the latter might be Bednar's idea.
And somehow Donskoi has made them both look good.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
6 goals and 14 points in 13 playoff games.

8th in the NHL in points. Lead the Avs in GWG in the regular season. If only he didn’t sometimes score goals off the post instead of shooting into the centre of the net.

Reactions: UncleRisto

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
6 goals and 14 points in 13 playoff games.

8th in the NHL in points. Lead the Avs in GWG in the regular season. If only he didn’t sometimes score goals off the post instead of shooting into the centre of the net.

I don't know how anyone can call year one of the Burakovsky project anything short of a success. I questioned if he could be a consistent top six player, and he had his down stretches, but he's been well worth a 2nd and a 3rd so far.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
I don't know how anyone can call year one of the Burakovsky project anything short of a success. I questioned if he could be a consistent top six player, and he had his down stretches, but he's been well worth a 2nd and a 3rd so far.
Agreed. I would've been happy with less. He's scoring and playing well with this group. Solid pickup and fits the core well. Just need to replace Donk and the top 6 is pretty spicy.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Speaking of crazy stat lines.

Mackinnon up to 23 in 13 games in the playoffs now and points in all 13 games.

But, Colorado as a team has only scored 52 goals and Mack has factoree in on 23 of them. Well over 40% and approaching 50% of goals have went through Mackinnon's stick....

It's gonna be a shame if the Avs can't pull the comeback on Dallas. Mack might have the Conny locked up already if the Avs could just make the cup final.

Reactions: Boulder Avalanche

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad