Confirmed with Link: Avs acquire Andre Burakovsky for a 2nd rd pick, 3rd rd pick, and Scott Kosmachuk

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Similar to the post I made about Donskoi...

In Washington last year, Burakovsky saw a measly (0:15) in average power play time per game. By comparison, Mat Calvert had (0:13) per game for the Avalanche.

Burakovsky was also a heavy defensive zone guy for Washington, with a 52.1% D Zone start.

If he does end up being like a Rob Niedermayer - that is, a defensive guy with occasional offensive flashes - so be it. But I'm sure there's more than 12 goals in that stick.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I am not going to get into an argument about who's better between Shaw or Burakovsky. I'll just say that if it was game 7 and we were down a goal I would rather have Andre and I say this as someone who is negative towards Bura. Nonetheless, that Shaw trade makes this one a lot more easier to swallow now. Except, we were the lot that probably ruined the market for the rest of the NHL, lol.

E: Also I wanted to add is this trade pretty much confirmed itself as a back up if they lost out on Panarin which they did.
Their D is Morrisey, Buff who is showing signs of slowing down, Niku and a wasteland.
One-hundred percent true, they're as top heavy of a team in the league. And overpaying their high-end players absolutely wrecks their depth.

Burakovsky saw a measly (0:15) in average power play time per game.
That's because he isn't consistent on the powerplay in the minutes they gave him. He should be given a chance here considering where and how much Captain Average was this prior season, but all I am saying is there was a reason why he played so little on the PP. Hesitant shooter, constantly misses the net, soft, etc.

Last edited:

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
I believe Burakovsky has the all time Swedish scoring record in OHL, cool.
Erie Otters 2013-2014: 57 41 46 87

If anyone is doubting his talent:

he is a pretty big dude which is nice, hopefully he will add some more grit (jävlar anamma)

Last edited:

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Too bad he does that every 30 games, only to disappear again. I remember Ghetto having sick snipes as well.

He is 24 or 25, hopefully we will see some positive development in Colorado for Burakovsky. I would simply hate seeing him wasting his talent, leaving for Switzerland or something like that.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
He is 24 or 25, hopefully we will see some positive development in Colorado for Burakovsky. I would simply hate seeing him wasting his talent, leaving for Switzerland or something like that.
I hope he proves me wrong as well, but I wasn't a fan of his going back to his Caps days so I won't be a hypocrite and lift him up to heaven now. He is a seriously flawed player who has some skill to his game, a project we didn't need to take on if you ask me. As for his development, forwards peak between 23-26, I think he is what he showed thus far.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
I hope he proves me wrong as well, but I wasn't a fan of his going back to his Caps days so I won't be a hypocrite and lift him up to heaven now. He is a seriously flawed player who has some skill to his game, a project we didn't need to take on if you ask me. As for his development, forwards peak between 23-26, I think he is what he showed thus far.

I believe we have to be careful comparing Burakovsky with players like Wilson, Ghetto and Bork though... Burakovsky is for sure the more talented player even though it doesn't necessarily mean he will succeed in Colorado.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Similar to the post I made about Donskoi...

In Washington last year, Burakovsky saw a measly (0:15) in average power play time per game. By comparison, Mat Calvert had (0:13) per game for the Avalanche.

Burakovsky was also a heavy defensive zone guy for Washington, with a 52.1% D Zone start.

If he does end up being like a Rob Niedermayer - that is, a defensive guy with occasional offensive flashes - so be it. But I'm sure there's more than 12 goals in that stick.

Bura is not a defensive guy.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Think Burakovsky could do really well on a line with Landeskog and Kadri. If they can dig the puck out and find him in open space regularly he could get 25 goals with that shot.

Then let Donskoi do the checking on the top line - he has the hands and speed to keep up with Mack and Rants and is strong defensively too.

Donskoi --- Mackinnon ---- Rantanen
Landeskog ---- Kadri ------- Burakovsky
Wilson --------- Jost --------- Compher
Nieto -------- Bellemare ---- Calvert

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Think Burakovsky could do really well on a line with Landeskog and Kadri. If they can dig the puck out and find him in open space regularly he could get 25 goals with that shot.

Then let Donskoi do the checking on the top line - he has the hands and speed to keep up with Mack and Rants and is strong defensively too.

Donskoi --- Mackinnon ---- Rantanen
Landeskog ---- Kadri ------- Burakovsky
Wilson --------- Jost --------- Compher
Nieto -------- Bellemare ---- Calvert
As I said before I am not a fan of splitting Landy and Mack because of what Landy does for Mack. However if they were to split them I agree with you that Donskoi would be the best choice. He could do some of the work Landy does but Donskoi is not good at faceoffs. We can still have a strong defensive line by playing Donskoi and Kadri together with Mikko and not affect the Landy-Mack combo.

Reactions: Thepoolmaster

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I definitely want to see this guy in the top-6 to start the season to give him the best chance at success.

On another note, how do you all feel about advanced stats?

Our new guys, Donskoi and Burakovsky both have nice fancy stat numbers.

I’m a little hesitant to get excited about this because the fancy stats also like Keefoot.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I believe Burakovsky has the all time Swedish scoring record in OHL, cool.
Erie Otters 2013-2014: 57 41 46 87

If anyone is doubting his talent:

he is a pretty big dude which is nice, hopefully he will add some more grit (jävlar anamma)

Man, you look at that Carolina goal and it’s hard to believe he hasn’t produced more in his NHL career. Hopefully he can get more consistent.

Reactions: 21

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
I have to believe that a deal is reached soon at or around the QO value ($3.25) for one year. I am sure that he would like a longer term deal, but I don't see the Avs interested in that at the moment. I see no upside for him not to reach a quick deal, unless his agent is holding out for an offer sheet, which would be foolish and unrealistic.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
We will see a deal on or before the QO deadline. If that passes, the Avs can start negotiating lower than his QO on 1 year deals. Pure guess they are working on a 2-3 year deal slightly under his QO, but the agent is holding firm on the QO for 1 year (as he should).

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
We will see a deal on or before the QO deadline. If that passes, the Avs can start negotiating lower than his QO on 1 year deals. Pure guess they are working on a 2-3 year deal slightly under his QO, but the agent is holding firm on the QO for 1 year (as he should).

Honestly, as I don't see this experiment ending well I'd rather give him a one year deal than a multi-year one.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
As I said before I am not a fan of splitting Landy and Mack because of what Landy does for Mack. However if they were to split them I agree with you that Donskoi would be the best choice. He could do some of the work Landy does but Donskoi is not good at faceoffs. We can still have a strong defensive line by playing Donskoi and Kadri together with Mikko and not affect the Landy-Mack combo.
I see Rantanen move off the top line before Landeskog, that's traditionally how Bednar likes to do it.
Landeskog-MacKinnon-Burakovsky
Jost-Kadri-Rantanen

Reactions: AllAboutAvs

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
good in playoffs so far?
Yes. Still avoids most contact and is not good defensively but he’s been really good with the puck which is all we really expect. In fact he was even playing the body last night and won a few battles which is more than what most of the forward group were willing to do.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Yes. Still avoids most contact and is not good defensively but he’s been really good with the puck which is all we really expect. In fact he was even playing the body last night and won a few battles which is more than what most of the forward group were willing to do.

Sorry but results matter. And so far, the only people who have scored were on the ice with MacKinnon. He and others were supposed to provide secondary scoring. It's been non-existent.

Saying he did his job because he skated the puck up the ice without scoring is like saying Cole did his job by gaining possession and ignoring his destinationless passes up the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad