Post-Game Talk: Avs 4 - Wild 2 || Varlamov? VARLAMOV!

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I think MacKinnon is faster without the puck. I think Duchene is faster/quicker with the puck. Not many defensemen can keep up when Dutchy starts spinning down low.

Last edited:

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Our D is so bad :cry:

Any confirmation that ROR is back?

Seriously it doesn't really matter who makes up one of the pairs on Avs blue line, whether it's Holden - Barrie, Holden-Guenin and now Wilson-a new guy, none of those players make up a pair that can play defense

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
That Mack is so hot right now.

8 goals in his last 9 games. Keep it going kid!

Crisp Breakout

Jan 3, 2011
Chicago
I saw a few Monsters games last year and was pretty impressed with Stollery. Nothing spectacular but I think he can play a simple game.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
mack has better first few steps than duchene. duchene is stronger on his skates and has better agility etc. or now.

but the way mack gets to top speed (which is really, really fast, lol) from essentially zero is just remarkable. i think he could be better on using his speed to his advantage. that will come with time. he's going to score a lot of goals like he did last night.

AvsFanJosh

Aug 27, 2011
Saskatoon, SK
I think MacKinnon is faster without the puck. I think Duchene is faster/quicker with the puck. Not many defensemen can keep up when Dutchy starts spinning down low.

Hmm, that may be true, have you ever noticed that Duchene sort of just coasts around up and down the ice, and once the pucks on his stick he's gone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
mack has better first few steps than duchene. duchene is stronger on his skates and has better agility etc. or now.

but the way mack gets to top speed (which is really, really fast, lol) from essentially zero is just remarkable. i think he could be better on using his speed to his advantage. that will come with time. he's going to score a lot of goals like he did last night.

I'd say Mack is stronger on his skates. It's one of his biggest strengths. Did you see the way he spit those defenders the other night. They both went to sandwich him with a hit and he charged right through both of them.

Duchene is better with the puck at top speed, and at dangling with the puck in flight.

It's pretty impossible to tell who's faster though, they're both insanely fast.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
I originally came here to say that there is no reason why we shouldn't win this game, but then I saw our defense for tonight..............woof.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
That's what I was wondering... Why didn't we bring up Siemens or Elliot or Bigras?
Bigras is not ready and throwing him to the wolves at this point would not be good for his development and both Siemens and Elliott are injured.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
LOL Stollery is 165 pounds...good Lord, send this guy to the gym to put on some weight before NHL duties.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad