• No

Votes: 16 29.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia
Byram struggling with the speed of the game is not good because arguably his best trait is his skating.
So is this the case of him skating faster than he can think? :)

Just watched the highlights, 6 goals in 20 shots, lol. Thats new.
So it seems Johansen might have still some hockey left in his tank after all. Drouin though, i had hopes he might turn his fortunes around, alongside MacK and whatnot, but 0 shots, 0 assists… disappointing. Tatar somehow ending with 0 when playing on first line and MacK and Rantanen scoring, tf - he is my Slovak guy, he needs to do better, ffs.

As a team effort though, this is great. Long may it continue.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
I feel bad for Drouin man. Coming here and playing with Nate again was supposed to reignite his game and relieve some pressure but 5 games in and he's already buried in the lineup and can't get anything going. This is probably it for him in the NHL.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I feel bad for Drouin man. Coming here and playing with Nate again was supposed to reignite his game and relieve some pressure but 5 games in and he's already buried in the lineup and can't get anything going. This is probably it for him in the NHL.
Did you actually watch the game? He was fine, created chances on the 3rd line and almost got a goal.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Love that 4th line so far.

RJ with a great game. He was moving his feet a lot more. I didn't like him much the first three games but he has been much better the last two. He is starting to produce on top of still winning a lot of important faceoffs. One thing I will add on RJ...he could actually have 2-3 more points. Every game he sets up Lehky with at least one grade A scoring chance with a great pass but Lehky just couldn't bury them.

Ironic that you say “moving his feet a lot more” since his biggest contribution to the game involved “no kicking motion”.

Last edited:

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014

I thought Drouin was pretty good in this game.

I liked the 3rd line. You have to look beyond the production sometimes, because they had a lot of good moments.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I thought Drouin was pretty good in this game.

I liked the 3rd line. You have to look beyond the production sometimes, because they had a lot of good moments.
Ya. The third line is still driving the puck out of our zone. Im fine with a bottom six when the LoC line is so good right now.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
What is this ?!? 5 games, 5 victories and ZERO injuries ...

I'm confused cause i'm not used to that kind of shit.

Pretty sure somebody had to sell his soul to make that happen.

1cf845b6883548e7d4b5322172055e2d_w200.gif

Fella is enjoying his reward, hopefully it's a big one that lasts a little while longer! I like winning!

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
I get that Drouin hasn’t been a world beater to start the year, but I must be watching a different games than half the people in this forum. He’s been far from perfect, but offensively I’ve thought he’s stood out and he’s had or generated multiple high danger chances to start the year. He’s still fighting it a bit, but he should have had goals and assists in the last two games, I believe it will come. Not only that, but his effort has been there and in my opinion his zone entry on the second powerplay has been better than MacK’s on the first.

The issue with him on the top line was that he was being much too passive and deferring every chance he can get. I think if he sticks with Wood and Colton that line will really start to put numbers up.

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia
Did you actually watch the game? He was fine, created chances on the 3rd line and almost got a goal.
I watched only those extended Highlights and there was nothing substantial shown that he was part of. At least i havent noticed.

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia
Hockey guy says in his power rankings regarding Vegas and Avs that "it could get scarier and scarier"" as they might get much better.
Just looked at the standings. Vegas, us and Dallas top 3 in the. West - colored me surprised. Might as well go on to play playoffs right away with these 2, cause its almost given one of the 3 will be playing SCF come June.

Anyway, f*** Vegas and f*** Dallas!

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
For every Avs win my hometown team loses. It's a sacrifice I'm willing to make. We'll be on our own after the 50th win though due to their season ending.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I get that Drouin hasn’t been a world beater to start the year, but I must be watching a different games than half the people in this forum. He’s been far from perfect, but offensively I’ve thought he’s stood out and he’s had or generated multiple high danger chances to start the year. He’s still fighting it a bit, but he should have had goals and assists in the last two games, I believe it will come. Not only that, but his effort has been there and in my opinion his zone entry on the second powerplay has been better than MacK’s on the first.

The issue with him on the top line was that he was being much too passive and deferring every chance he can get. I think if he sticks with Wood and Colton that line will really start to put numbers up.
I agree completely. The 3rd line hasn't produced but they are not invisible either. Unlike last year, I really feel like I wouldn't be surprised if the 3rd line scores a clutch goal every so often. With the likes of Meyers, Kaut/Nieto, the 3rd line was getting caved in and I was just hoping they aren't a huge negative. Only Malgin helped it out a bit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad