• Yes

Votes: 39 70.9%
  • No

Votes: 16 29.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
So another note I'll say is that I thought Manson has starting turning the corner a bit. He got moved up with Girard on the 2nd pairing and I thought they played well.

He's gonna take some time to get his feet under him from how much time he missed last year and his offseason surgery. He's looking better.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
With the Toews extension, we all assumed G would be the cap casualty on the left side.

5 games in, I'm scared to think Bo being our 2LHD long term over G.

Manson is the guy out
Why does 90% of this fanbase hate winning Stanley Cups? Bc, you don’t win them with Sam Girard, 2022 proved that in spades.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
JMFJ is a loveable guy but are you really suggesting they would’ve lost in 22 if Girard had stayed healthy and played over JMFJ?

He was pretty ineffective, and then we basically won without him.

In 2023 he was better, but still not really a difference maker.

He'll have one more shot to prove he's figured it out, and likely against Vegas at some point. The end of the book is a ways out.

I actually really like how he's handling physicality this year, and still looks fast.

Reactions: Azrael89

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
He was pretty ineffective, and then we basically won without him.

In 2023 he was better, but still not really a difference maker.

He'll have one more shot to prove he's figured it out, and likely against Vegas at some point. The end of the book is a ways out.

I actually really like how he's handling physicality this year, and still looks fast.
Who, Girard?

Completely false if you think he was ineffective before his injury in 2022. It was the best he had ever looked in the playoffs until he got hurt.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I believe you mean Kovalenko.

He said what he said.

tumblr_oq7q56rwzG1spx4u4o1_400.gif

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Not an assumption. Not a narrative.

You know why his ability to be effective in the playoffs is questioned. Whether it's getting injured or dealing with a physical team targeting him it's all happened.

He hasn't answered that question in a diffinitive way, but he'll get another shot. No one on this D core is going anywhere until next off season.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
One could easily interpret 2022 as being able to win with mobile defensemen. Girard is a mobile defenseman.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Byram surprisingly high

It's because Bo's not playing that poorly, despite some people trying to push that idea.

He makes so many good little plays, especially defensively that people don't notice. They end up contributing to breaking up scoring chances, getting the puck back, or maintaining possession. That's why his analytics are always so good.

He's just taking penalties right now. Half of which haven't been penalties. But the other half were. Usually because he's getting caught flat footed. They just need to put him in a position to succeed. Stop playing him on his off side. It's not working right now for him.

First step, get him comfortable on the ice. That means play him on his left side with a stay at home RD. Next step he starts moving his feet more once he's comfortable. That keeps him from being put in tough positions that have led to penalties. Next step he starts playing his game. Then the points come. Then the overall game falls into place.

But it starts with putting a young defenseman in a position to succeed rather than in a position to fail on his off side.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad