Movies: Avengers : Infinity War

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
This is a brief description of how I see things.

The Captain America films are all excellent. With the first one quite possibly being the weakest of the three now. The Captain America movies seem to drive the entire MCU. Plus, we had that decent Agent Carter series that was a direct spinoff of Cap. I like Thor: Ragnarok a lot. The best of his three. All three Iron man movies were just meh with the first one being the best. I reality you could take the best snippets from all three and make one really good film. I could have done without Age of Ultron. The first Avengers movie was great. Infinity war despite its endless plot issues will go down as one of the great MCU movies. Spiderman Home Coming was excellent. I am looking forward to far from home. The Guardians movies are important parts of MCU and they drive the story forward from a different POV much in a way the Captain America Movies do. Antman is popcorn flicks for the 10 and under crowd.

Right now my all time favorite is The Winter Solider.

Reactions: 18Hossa

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
If I recall Hemsworth has strait out said that he wants to continue to play Thor, solo movies or team-up movies.

Yep just look at those 'while you were fighting' mocumentaries he did. You don't always know how the actor feels about the character they're playing but Hemsworth legitimately seems to have a fun time playing Thor.

Reactions: CHfan1

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Yep just look at those 'while you were fighting' mocumentaries he did. You don't always know how the actor feels about the character they're playing but Hemsworth legitimately seems to have a fun time playing Thor.
I always felt Hiddleson enjoyed playing Loki too. His enjoyment IMO always seemed to come out in Loki even during the most tense of scenes like when Stark confronts Loki in Stark Tower in the Avengers. We also have Hiddleston making that surprise Comic-Con appearance a few years ago as Loki that he looked like he was enjoying a bit too much. I hope both those guys keep playing their roles for a while to come.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Finally got around to watching this.......what just happened? Why am I so angry and sad? AHHHHH

Kind of in the same boat. I am sad and angry that even though they made the ending awesomely dramatic they will probably all be back at the end of the next film.

Finally watched it for a second time the other day. Think it slots right into my 5th favorite marvel offering. Only thing that I didn't care for was the interactions between strange and tony at the beginning. The humor felt so forced for some reason.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I feel like with the way Disney has been putting out hit after hit, they have more than enough money to pay them all.
Aside from money, it’s also whether the actor wants to continue doing the role. They may want to do other types of roles.

Plus, the studio has to decide on what direction they want to take the character and what is left.

Also, assuming the fox acquisition goes through, you’ll likely see Xmen movies along with FF. So, plenty of other characters and storylines for marvel.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I think CinemaSins brought this up, but I think it's worth repeating

Where was Hulk during the battle between Thanos and the Asgardians?

Loki says "we have a Hulk" and out he comes, but what was he doing before that?

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
I think CinemaSins brought this up, but I think it's worth repeating

Where was Hulk during the battle between Thanos and the Asgardians?

Loki says "we have a Hulk" and out he comes, but what was he doing before that?
The entire situation has a few holes in it. Thanos clearly destroys the entire Asgardian Ship as he leaves, but later we hear Thor say that Thanos only killed half of his people. Did he teleport them to safety? He would have had to do that after killing Loki, as he didn't have the space stone yet.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
The entire situation has a few holes in it. Thanos clearly destroys the entire Asgardian Ship as he leaves, but later we hear Thor say that Thanos only killed half of his people. Did he teleport them to safety? He would have had to do that after killing Loki, as he didn't have the space stone yet.

meh, i dont think that's really a plot hole.

the opening scene was clearly well after the fight and assumed half killing. Not unreasonable to assume the surviving half were given a small ship and sent off before where the movie opens

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
meh, i dont think that's really a plot hole.

the opening scene was clearly well after the fight and assumed half killing. Not unreasonable to assume the surviving half were given a small ship and sent off before where the movie opens
I mean, where did they take half the population of Asgard? Even if it isn't truly a plot hole, it just seems like a pretty large afterthought to give no mention to. "Oh, well they just ferried them off to another planet offscreen" seems a bit... I don't know, out of character for Thanos.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
I mean, where did they take half the population of Asgard? Even if it isn't truly a plot hole, it just seems like a pretty large afterthought to give no mention to. "Oh, well they just ferried them off to another planet offscreen" seems a bit... I don't know, out of character for Thanos.

yes and no. he stayed pretty strict to the only kill half rule and maintaining balance. I could see him ensuring the survivors lived on

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
yes and no. he stayed pretty strict to the only kill half rule and maintaining balance. I could see him ensuring the survivors lived on

Exactly.

Thanos sees himself as the hero. A driver of good. A savior of the universe.

As he told his daughter, your people are happy and prosperous now because I killed half of them.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
I was just reading through a bunch of "best movies of 2018" lists and I can't get over how criminally underrated this movie is. And this isn't the typical "it is a superhero movie so it doesnt count" bias, because Black Panther and Into The Spiderverse are getting tons of love. Hell, I even saw a list with Venom and Aquaman ranked ahead of IW!

I will say it is a big movie to unpack....it requires a lot of viewings to appreciate fully. There are so many moments in this film that almost get overlooked in one or two viewings. You can literally take any 15 minute chunk of that movie and spend a ton of time analyzing it because so much is going on. I can see why why people would be turned off by that...but there are a ton of movies a liked when I first saw them but struggled to rewatch. What I love about IW is that I have seen it 20 times already and it only gets better with each watch.

Then there is the obvious Black Panther aspect. It is almost like people don't want to recognize IW because it might overshadow BP. I personally thing IW is much better overall, but I still love BP. I don't see why both can't be getting praise.

I think IW is nothing short of a masterpiece...and not just for a comicbook movie. What the Russo's were able to accomplish with this film is just on a scale we have never seen before...and that deserves to be recognized

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

LordCanuck

May 14, 2017
Black panther is no where near as good as IW, that third act in Black panther is Wonder woman levels of bad. Also the asgard ship in the beginning was cut in half. the other half has half of asgard. lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad