Avengers Endgame spoiler thread - stay out if you haven't seen the movie

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Little local tidbit since the Marvel movies are shot in Atlanta...The beer can Thor was carrying at HQ is one of my favorite local beers called Tropicallia. It's brewed by Creature Comforts out of Athens, GA (home to University of Georgia about an hour east of Atlanta). Wonder what the background story is.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
It was ok, FAR FAR FAR from being as good as infinity war though. It didn't feel like no one was truly going to die, which turned out to be mostly true minus RDJ.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It was ok, FAR FAR FAR from being as good as infinity war though. It didn't feel like no one was truly going to die, which turned out to be mostly true minus RDJ.
I finally caught EG this weekend. Overall, IW was better. EG had to tie all of the pieces together, so it had a very big challenge in keep the pace and overall flow to the movie. With Black Widow, Iron Man, and Captain America getting a swan song, the Russo's had to give them each a proper send off.

Professor Hulk - interesting concept moving forward to combine the 2 characters into 1. Lose out of the action of pure Hulk, which I think we all miss.

Thor - I get what they did with him with regards to him losing everything he cherishes in life. Asgard is destroyed, his father died, Loki is killed, Hemdal is killed, as are his friends the Warriors 3. No final word on Lady Sif. He's broken up with Jane and the majority of the Asgardians are dead. He failed to protect his people and kill Thanos in time. So he gets depressed and fat.

Sad to see Tony's character killed off, but it does make sense. If he's still around, there's always that temptation for him to put the suit back on. But, that eats at you when you hear his final line be "Love you 3000".

Steve's character got the sendoff that we all wanted. Him to end up and live a long life with Peggy Carter.

Natasha, sad to see her be the one to sacrifice herself. Kind of the reverse for Hawkeye and Iron Man, both fathers. One gives his life, the other gets to reunite with his family. But, they are doing a Hawkeye TV spinoff or something, so it does make sense that it's Romanoff. She has her origin solo movie scheduled in the future, so we get to see her again.
Odd part about her and Hawkeye going to Vormir is that I expected either Iron Man or Nebula to mention that Thanos had Gamora with him and when he returned to Titan to face off with them and the Guardians/Strange/Spiderman, that he didn't have Gamora with him. But, they would not have know about the sacrifice.

Knew that a couple of the original 6 had to be made unavailable for future movies.

It will be a few years (2023 or later) before we see another Avengers team up movie. Overall enjoyed the ride of the originals.

Time travel is very confusing.

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Interesting what is coming out about how the movie was almost different in a few major ways. Hawkeye was supposed to die instead of Black Widow, the Living Tribunal was in the original script, the "I am Iron Man" was a last second add that they had to add after the fact. A really interesting part to me was that after Hulk snaps things back and the battle begins with Doctor Strange and the other sorcerers sling-ringing everyone in, there was serious talk of including a whole bunch of the TV show characters like Daredevil, Jessica Jones, etc. They did manage to include Howard the Duck and his machine gun though!
Would have liked to have seen black widow return after Rogers returns the soul stone but I can understand why they didn’t do it. If they were going to bring her back I would have expected them to move the Clint and Wanda lake scene to the end credits and have Widow show up after they finished talking to each other.

Scarlett is like the 2nd most well known actor prior to joining the mcu behind Sam Jackson. She has plenty of other opportunities to pursue. Plus she’s been in 7 movies with a solo film on the way.

Does seem odd to give her a solo film when it won’t add to phase 4. So who really knows.

Plus what would the future hold for her in a future avengers movie that won’t likely take place until 2023, another 4-5 years from now? Adding so many super powered heroes like Marvel, Strange, Spidey, etc. Where would the Widow character fit in all that? Especially if we’re talking aliens being the main threat she would be out her element.

Sad for her character for sure. But when you factor in the business side it does make sense how they ended things for the original 6.

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Regarding Thor's arc, I appreciate that he didn't magically become super fit again after he realized he was still worthy or before the final battle. I don't know if that could have actually happened, but I thought it could. That's one thing I really didn't like in Shazam. Not to bring up DC/Marvel shenanigans.

What part confused you in Shazam? Because in this thread, some hawks fan boy is basically crapping over anyone that has any opinion that differs from "OMG THIS MOVIE IS AMAZE BALLS AND YOUR OPINION IS INVALID BECAUSE MARVEL IS GOD AND IT IS ALL 100% IN MY LIFE" sort of shit.

Are you referring to the "fat kid" that isn't fat when he gets power from Billy Batson/Shazam? You understand the concept right? I read your stuff in the GOT thread, so let me keep it simple and to the point with this one.

1. They become the version of themselves that reaches their highest potential.
2. That fat kid, actually is the strongest of the Shazam crew in the comics.
3. Shazam was actually a far more entertaining movie than EG, the pacing and overall quality of the movie was just better, I am sure some fan boys will trash this comment.
4. Who else suddenly loses their fat or whatever in Shazam? Thor when he had his axe, also had his armor and looked less fat in the fighting scenes, let's not even mention the disgustingly cheap fake beard he had on which looked like they glued cat hairs and dog shavings all over his face and his horrendous wig, if that was his real hair...jeez. I get that he was depressed, that was done well, but that hair and overall appearance was worse than TV effects.

Also, apparently in Marvel, you can use a weapon that you have never used ever in your life, like you've always knew how to use it and conjure up freaking lightning like the God of Thunder himself, because....

He's worthy!

Lmao.

Reactions: Violenza Domestica

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Have you seen Iron Fist?
Second season was far better than the 1st, they rushed the show in the 1st season just to get it out there fast, that was their mistake.

I can't even imagine the crap Disney/Marvel is going to do with their tv shows. How many seasons can you have of these guys easily beating powerful bad guys, making them increasingly impossible to kill?

Also, the gripe someone had about the people that also died because of the snap, selfish, a true hero wants to keep his daughter around but is ok with the loss of millions or even billions of people that died because maybe a train conductor in a 3rd world country disappeared, or a pilot, or the driver on the highway...oh but, EMOTIONS!

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
Also, apparently in Marvel, you can use a weapon that you have never used ever in your life, like you've always knew how to use it and conjure up freaking lightning like the God of Thunder himself, because....

Apparently you missed this in Thor-1 movie

The explanation you are looking for starts from 2:07 of this^ video

As for Shazam, its a good movie and I really like Zachary Levi, but cmon. Endgame is basically a season finale and its better just because of it.

Reactions: dr robbie

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth

He's worthy!

Lmao.

Nah, your comments are invalid because you clearly have no idea what you’re talking about. There are plenty of legit gripes with this movie. However, it helps when people actually know what they’re talking about when they try to point one out.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
I'm assuming this has been covered, but didn't want to read through 25 pages to find it. How did old Steve Rogers end up at the end of the film? Shouldn't him going back in time and growing old with Peggy Carter have created a new timeline, like the Ancient One warned the Hulk about?

(For the record, I really liked the movie, but this just seems inconsistent)

EDIT: Nevermind, apparently only removing an Infinity Stone creates a new timeline

According to the Writes:
That is our theory. We are not experts on time travel, but the Ancient One specifically states that when you take an Infinity Stone out of a timeline it creates a new timeline. So Steve going back and just being there would not create a new timeline. So I reject the "Steve is in an alternate reality" theory.
I do believe that there is simply a period in world history from about '48 to now where there are two Steve Rogers. And anyway, for a large chunk of that one of them is frozen in ice. So it's not like they'd be running into each other.

The Russo brothers have a more... interesting take:

“If Cap were to go back into the past and live there, he would create a branched reality. The question then becomes, how is he back in this reality to give the shield away? Interesting question, right? Maybe there’s a story there. There’s a lot of layers built into this movie and we spent three years thinking through it, so it’s fun to talk about it and hopefully fill in holes for people so they understand what we’re thinking.”

Last edited:

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Jesus. Tickets for a prime time showing are still kinda scarce! :eek:

Got a great seat for a 7pm showing tonight. Will be my 3rd and probably last time seeing it in theatres.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Jesus. Tickets for a prime time showing are still kinda scarce! :eek:

Got a great seat for a 7pm showing tonight. Will be my 3rd and probably last time seeing it in theatres.

I still want go to in IMAx, but I would have to travel a bit for that. I will probably go a third time, but not until FFH gets a little closer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad