Avengers Endgame spoiler thread - stay out if you haven't seen the movie

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Yeah I expected the majority of you guys would be seeing it a second time because you enjoyed it.

Hopefully I will get a first watch of this over the weekend. Anyone know a good summary video for the wife to watch since she has only seen like Iron Man 1 and the first Avengers?

Well, there's a lot for her to see, but I would just get her to watch Infinity War

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Honestly it is more for my sake (I enjoy comic book movies enough to justify a theater purchase even if I'm not a fanboy and have only seen around half of the MCU movies) than hers. I just don't want it to be a movie that only I care about, because if that is the case then I will watch it on Netflix in a few months when it releases there if she can't get anything out of it.

She'll get a lot more out of it if she watches Infinity War, that's for sure.

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know a good summary video for the wife to watch since she has only seen like Iron Man 1 and the first Avengers?

A lot of this on youtube. I like this one, it follows each character story instead of movie plots:
It contains some scenes from the Endgame trailers. But it does not really spoil anything.

Last edited:

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Just came back from watching tonight. Enjoyed it so much! Fat Thor was hilarious. Captain American wielding Mjolnir was awesome and drew a nice reaction from the crowd watching. And yes....I cried when Stark was talking to his daughter at the end. :(

I thought the wrapped up all the original Avengers stories quite well.

Reactions: Voight and S E P H

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Fantastic movie and I got all the feels, but I don't think it was as good as Infinity Wars. Not solely due to all the characters dying at the end, but I thought that movie had better editing, flow, and chemistry where this one missed at a couple of segments. I get it that the final battle taking place on Earth, but I really wish it didn't. I would've loved to see it on Thanos garden planet or something in space and make it full-on sci-fi/Star Trek battle.

One scene I absolutely do not get and hope someone helps me...at the end of Infinity Wars Thanos teleports after accomplishing his mission and you see him in a dream like state with a young Gamora asking if the mission was complete and he says yes. What the hell is that scene about because I was expecting something a bit more complex concerning Thanos character, but in End Game they sort of devolve him back into a linear bad guy. Was the scene just empty filler? Or am I missing something?

Reactions: tacogeoff

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
1)Your answer: "just like they(Avengers) did with Gamora et al..." - is incorrect.
I provided the correct answer: "Avengers did not do anything with Gamora. "Evil" Nebula did"

It matters a lot. It shows that you are vaguely familiar with the plot of the discussed movie. But you don't really know it in details.

2) This is a short description of the plot. Therefore it is relevant. While your assumption of "writers make up stuff" is not really relevant to the plot itself.

3) I am not making an assumption. It's a fact. This movie is based on this theory:

4) Your theory is not relevant. Since the movie is not based on your theory.

5) The rest of your message is unrelated to the movie discussion. Why should I waste my time reading and answering? :huh:

So if you want to continue the discussion. This is your initial statement again:
"The reason they didn't go back to the day they lost is because of daughters like Tonys'."

I am interested in reading your line of thoughts that makes you to write this^. But only if it based on the theory the movie uses and the movie plot. I am not interested in reading and discussing an unrelated information about dragons. This is topic about the "Avengers: Endgame" movie. :nod:

Sorry it took me so long to reply.

You keep going round and round and now you think some cool smilies is going to change something? You're funny. If I miss something I will readily admit it. As for your links, if you need others to converse for you then it does get tiresome. However, I will give you this one.

So far, any point that doesn't fit with what you are saying you either ignore or act like it has no bearing. Now you claim as if some time travel hypotheses is actually fact. Let's look at this further.

"4) Your theory is not relevant. Since the movie is not based on your theory."

That's my point. Neither is a theory. That's why academics have allowed hypotheses to be spouted off as a theory so someone can quote the creators of said hypotheses and say, "See this real! It's a theory!" It really does denigrate the actual theories that have been proven. But, academics do have egos. How dare you say it's not a theory!!!

What he is doing is hypothesizing, but that really doesn't sound as legitimate as hopping on to the backs of real proven theories and saying, "I'm a theory!"

But as you asked, according to him they could have all gone back and started over. That would be their new reality, their new timeline. everyone alive. That would be the movie we would have watched. For example, we didn't watch all the other timelines that were created just from them going back and screwing things over.

So they saved one timeline and doomed how many? Let's look in to that. Just the Avengers part.

Well, after they initially created extra timelines by getting the Stones, they then sent Cap back to create a stones throw more timelines. I gather the other timelines they created then tried and then those tried...

By the directors very definition of alternate realities the Avengers acts alone created an infinitely growing number of different timelines. If they had just gone back and changed it once then they would have been ahead. Only dooming one timeline with half. Now they doomed more than infinity will allow us to count. Such great people.

The fact that they broke their own rule with Cap...oh well.

To get to the crux of your question, Tony didn't want to lose what he loved. If they had started over, no daughter as she is today. She would've been different. Only reason. He just ignored the real ramifications (Infinite number of suffering realities) because that's what he does as Tony Stark when he really desires something. Except when he has an epiphany usually due to being bludgeoned (literally) in to reality.

If you look deeper at the original "theory" this movie is based on it is adapting to the stream of consciousness or life is thought approach. The proper way to deal with the present is a stream of consciousness. Not one of linear time but one of trillions (on earth) of omnipresent beings all being conscious at the same time. You can't go back in time because there is nothing there. You can't go back in time and change the present because there is no past. The world and all its souls have moved on.

If you could step away the world would leave you behind and you would possibly be sitting in an empty street devoid of all consciousness. Maybe just a rock. Maybe nothing. Makes a fella wonder if trees have a form of consciousness. But I digress.

As another example, if you could step in to the future you would possibly be in nothing, until the conscious world rushed by. Don't blink. You might miss it. Then nothing. Or a rock again.

What the alternate reality hypotheses does is cheapens existence and removes the soul from the equation. It removes the self from the equation. An argument could be made that it breaks conservation laws if a soul and a true self were real. It also removes God. It is why Hawking was a proponent of it. An infinite amount of Gods...ya right, eh?

Finally, that one could go back once and instantly a whole new infinite universe would be created (a new timeline) is ridiculous. Where is all this mass and energy coming from.? All these super duper advanced big bangs are happening, no? These instant new realities that have to create such an infinite number of intricate beings and souls and thoughts and and and...in an instant.

You would think there would at least be a slight "pop", no?

Last edited:

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
That's my point.

You point is irrelevant. You opinion does not matter. Your idea is not the reason we are here in this thread.

The idea that movie presents is the point of discussion here. The sooner you get this the sooner this discussion become relevant.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
You point is irrelevant. You opinion does not matter. Your idea is not the reason we are here in this thread.

The idea that movie presents is the point of discussion here. The sooner you get this the sooner this discussion become relevant.

When you want to start an actual discussion let me know by engaging in my whole post, not grabbing one sentence and throwing out a quip.

When you do I will post again. If it's just more of the same, never mind, I'll know, and I wont bother again. It really wont matter on how long is your post.

Have a good day.

Last edited:

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
When you want to start an actual discussion let me know by engaging in my whole post, not grabbing one sentence and throwing out a quip.

When you do I will post again. If it's just more of the same, never mind, I'll know, and I wont bother again. It really wont matter on how long is your post.

Have a good day.

I am interested in your answer about the movie and the idea that movie presents, not about your idea. Once you ready to discuss the movie idea, feel free to reply. If you want to discuss your ideas, you should create a separate thread and do not confuse people here with irrelevant topics.

Last edited:

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
Good movie but I have some gripes.

1) I don't like how they changed Hulk and Thor to make them weaker. What is the point of this? Hulk smashing is one of the most enjoyable aspects of the MCU, yet he's been missing for the last 2 movies.

2) The first 2 hours dragged on. They could have condensed the first 2 hours into 1 hour.

3) Lack of action in first 2 hours. I understand why they included all the build up and emotions, but let's be honest this is still a super hero movie. We want to see action.

I thought Infinity War was more enjoyable.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Thanos killed Idris Elba at the start of IW purely out of spite because Elba teleported Hulk away. His character was very consistent across both films.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth

1) I don't like how they changed Hulk and Thor to make them weaker. What is the point of this? Hulk smashing is one of the most enjoyable aspects of the MCU, yet he's been missing for the last 2 movies.

2) The first 2 hours dragged on. They could have condensed the first 2 hours into 1 hour.

3) Lack of action in first 2 hours. I understand why they included all the build up and emotions, but let's be honest this is still a super hero movie. We want to see action.

I feel like #2 & #3 are the same thing hahah.

“We want to see action.”

The box office numbers would indicate otherwise. Also, speak for yourself. You may not like that aspect of it - which is fine - but there are many others who enjoyed that it’s not just your average superhero movie.

Also, making them weaker - mainly Thor - served the purpose of being unable to defeat Thanos. It could have maybe been done differently, but it did serve a purpose. FYI.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
I watched it again last night and caught so many more things one that jumped out was the foreshadowing between captain American and black widow

Just before Scott rings the front doorbell captain America says we both need to get a life and the black widow replies - you first.

Small tidbits in there like that made it a great movie.

In general I dislike time travel movies because it’s almost impossible to not ruin your own rules and while I enjoyed the movie I do wonder if it would hav even better for them to have thanos scatter the stones and them go searching for them to dangerous places and then have a final battle instead.

Granted they wouldn’t have been able to do as many call backs but less issues with the time travel. Although I wonder if a bit of it was done for the upcoming Disney+ channel (Loki escaping etc)

Reactions: Voight

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa

Hulk is not weaker, if anything he is stronger in that he also has brains now to go with the brawn as Prof Hulk. I mean he did hold up the Avengers HQ, taken from the comics actually, while the others got out.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
In general I dislike time travel movies because it’s almost impossible to not ruin your own rules and while I enjoyed the movie I do wonder if it would hav even better for them to have thanos scatter the stones and them go searching for them to dangerous places and then have a final battle instead.

Granted they wouldn’t have been able to do as many call backs but less issues with the time travel. Although I wonder if a bit of it was done for the upcoming Disney+ channel (Loki escaping etc)

If you take their alternate timelines to its logical conclusion one finds that due to his decision Tony Stark (with Thanos as the weapon) becomes the biggest killer and bringer of suffering the Universe will most likely ever know. Infinite timelines of suffering is pretty bad.

That's the problem with time travel. It just doesn't work. That's why the terminator movie ended with the classic let's just not think about it line.

That being said it is a fun movie. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I do like your idea better but that's not how the comics worked. It's best to just do the terminator way and realize that alternate timelines etc. is just smart people having some fun.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I just saw it for the second time today, and I think the only thing that isn’t perfect is the pacing. But that’s incredibly hard to perfect in a movie that’s three hours, action and story packed, and deals with time travel as well as multiple characters.

Reactions: OhCaptainMyCaptain

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Screenwriter Christopher Markus contradicting the Russos:

So people are asking... Does this mean an old Captain America was hanging out this whole time while another Captain America was saving the day?

Christopher Markus: That is our theory. We are not experts on time travel, but the Ancient One specifically states that when you take an Infinity Stone out of a timeline it creates a new timeline. So Steve going back and just being there would not create a new timeline. So I reject the "Steve is in an alternate reality" theory.

I do believe that there is simply a period in world history from about '48 to now where there are two Steve Rogers. And anyway, for a large chunk of that one of them is frozen in ice. So it's not like they'd be running into each other.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
Watched this tonight, thought it was great. My one comment is that I feel like half the worlds population all of a sudden showing up again 5 years later would probably cause even more chaos than its initial disappearance.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Watched this tonight, thought it was great. My one comment is that I feel like half the worlds population all of a sudden showing up again 5 years later would probably cause even more chaos than its initial disappearance.

This is what I’m interested to see moving forward. We never really got to see much about this, because it basically goes right into the Thanos battle. Not sure if it’s something they’ll try to touch on more with Spider-Man and other movies, or if they just let it be.

Reactions: wingsnut19

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
I thought it would be better. I didnt get emotional at all watching this. Didnt like what they did to Thor, and had a chuckle knowing that they did it as a nod to the Big Lebowski.

It was ok but no better than most. Still isnt topping Logan or the Dark Knight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad