Confirmed with Link: Ave sign F Saku Maenalanen to a PTO

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Even just signing a PTO is enough for the injury curse to affect you during scrimmages I guess

Before and After signing with the Avs.

tumblr_nlxs0fTtnC1up8ga8o1_400.gif

fake-injury.gif

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Holllllllllllllllld up, there's way more to this story.

Dude felt fine, but the league mandates a five-month recovery period and he had surgery four months ago, so yes, officially he "failed" his physical, but he did not actually fail his physical.
Not quite that simple. More insurance than actual rule. That’s how we got off topic in the other thread.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Not quite that simple. More insurance than actual rule. That’s how we got off topic in the other thread.
It's not about pointing fingers to anyone, but the simplified reason is he was released because of bureaucracy. Which is unfortunate.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I will never understand how soccer players think they can get away with that kind of behavior when there are cameras everywhere. I would be so embarrassed and ashamed of myself.
It's because refs have too much influence over a game, just look at what happened this weekend with Liverpool vs Spurs. Players go down easy to try and get opposing players yellow and potential red cards.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
It's because refs have too much influence over a game, just look at what happened this weekend with Liverpool vs Spurs. Players go down easy to try and get opposing players yellow and potential red cards.
I understand why they do it when they are bumped and they dive but they are not even touched? They have to know that a camera somewhere (either by the network or a fan's phone) will picked that up and they will look absolutely silly. I don't know...I guess I'm not built that way. I am proud to say that I have never dived even once in all the sports I played.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I understand why they do it when they are bumped and they dive but they are not even touched? They have to know that a camera somewhere (either by the network or a fan's phone) will picked that up and they will look absolutely silly. I don't know...I guess I'm not built that way. I am proud to say that I have never dived even once in all the sports I played.
I don't like it either, but just explaining why it happens. Personally, if I had the choice I wish the refs would've been given less power in the sport, but I can't really do anything to change it. There is a legendary gif where the player took his opponent's hand and slapped his own face with it and he just rolled around like getting shot for a red card. I think it is part of the culture like how hockey players are boring, a lot of people want hockey players to be more outgoing, but what if hockey players themselves are just boring individuals?

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I don't like it either, but just explaining why it happens. Personally, if I had the choice I wish the refs would've been given less power in the sport, but I can't really do anything to change it. There is a legendary gif where the player took his opponent's hand and slapped his own face with it and he just rolled around like getting shot for a red card. I think it is part of the culture like how hockey players are boring, a lot of people want hockey players to be more outgoing, but what if hockey players themselves are just boring individuals?
They need to punish the players for diving in all sports. Hockey is doing some of it but soccer needs to do a heck of lot more. Like you said in soccer these dive can affect the final score tremendously. Something needs to be implemented to reduce the diving. It just turns me off that sport.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
They need to punish the players for diving in all sports. Hockey is doing some of it but soccer needs to do a heck of lot more. Like you said in soccer these dive can affect the final score tremendously. Something needs to be implemented to reduce the diving. It just turns me off that sport.
The sport does have VAR now and even though there have been times of it being shambolic, it can issue yellow cards for players who dive. The problem is if the on-field ref wants to take advantage of that aspect. The officials who do VAR, still give tremendous value and integrity to the ref who's conducting the game. That is one cultural aspect that absolutely needs to change.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
The sport does have VAR now and even though there have been times of it being shambolic, it can issue yellow cards for players who dive. The problem is if the on-field ref wants to take advantage of that aspect. The officials who do VAR, still give tremendous value and integrity to the ref who's conducting the game. That is one cultural aspect that absolutely needs to change.
I'm not a big soccer fan so maybe I'm wrong but isn't VAR only for penalties happening inside the box?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I'm not a big soccer fan so maybe I'm wrong but isn't VAR only for penalties happening inside the box?
It can replay potential penalties, offsides, violent behaviours (increasing something to a red card or reducing it), diving, and mistaken yellow or red cards issued to the wrong player, but refs haven't really taken advantage of it.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
It can replay potential penalties, offsides, violent behaviours (increasing something to a red card or reducing it), diving, and mistaken yellow or red cards issued to the wrong player, but refs haven't really taken advantage of it.
Yeah exactly my point...they need to do more of that.

Reactions: S E P H

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad