Confirmed with Link: Ave sign F Saku Maenalanen to a PTO

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
This dude is just not good. I’d be surprised if he made the team and if he does it would be a very bad sign.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Avs forward depth didn't provide much in the way of offense last year, so I guess they figure they might at least get someone who is better at PK than Meyers.

Reactions: Vk1ing

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland
I don't remember this player. Dear Finnish speaking friends, how do you pronounce his name?
You write it Mäenalanen and pronounce like it's written. Compared to English all Finnish words are pronounced how they are written. In that sense more similar to languages like Italian.

If you want to go more in detail this surname is very easy. Mä means I. En means don't. Ala means ~ start. Mä en ala especially kids say when they are not satisfied. Nen is an ending that most surnames have. The first syllable is emphasized and two last ones are quite weak.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
IMG_1630.jpeg

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
In his prime , has scored about 20 points in 100 games (1 in 5 makes about 16 points a season over 82 games) playing on Jets and Hurricanes bottom lines.

I'd be happy with that as a 4RW. Particularly because he's big and gritty.

We'd definitely have some big boys in the team then.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
I like to think I follow the league pretty closely but this guy played 60+ games for the Jets last year and I have legitimately never heard of him

I'd probably rather see Kiviranta make the team but I'm all for throwing stuff at the wall and seeing who sticks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad