OT: Avalounge: What happens in Vegas...

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Old Fashioned is my fancy “I’m gonna drink something good tonight” drink. I actually like Brandy in my old fashioned as the star of the show.

Beer is my second choice but these days I stick almost purely to Lagers, Helles, and maybe a Belgian Golden if I’m adventurous. I can’t do the barrel aged 12% ABV crap anymore.

I strongly suggest if you like cocktails - go to Union Lodge #1 in downtown Denver. Small tiny place but wow they make incredible cocktails. The Gin Fizz is amazing there.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Red Rocks is the best music venue on earth. God damn did Moe. ever put on a show. I had barely listened to the band before tonight, but left blown away.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Ice cold whiskey is my poison, no ice though, you don't want to ruin it, and as for cocktails, white russian, mojito, and cuba libre.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Cocktails suck.

Cold Vodka, Whisky (not with ice) or a good cognac is the way to go.
If you feel frisky, maybe you put apple juice with the vodka if you do not like the raw taste, but that is the only acceptable form of "cocktail".

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Cocktails suck.

Cold Vodka, Whisky (not with ice) or a good cognac is the way to go.
If you feel frisky, maybe you put apple juice with the vodka if you do not like the raw taste, but that is the only acceptable form of "cocktail".
Ah, apple juice (the cheap kind) and whatever vodka. The "I'm jobless, and what are cocktails?" drink.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Last edited:
Reactions: MacBradley

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I was invited to see an ...odd... concert:

Poppy
Kailee Morgue
Jaira Burns

Other than @S E P H , I don't know anyone who would even be familiar with these girls.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
A little ice in whiskey is fine, depending on the whiskey, but my go-to is a bar of dark chocolate with a good glass of whiskey and either a good movie or a board game. That my friends is heaven on earth.

By the way, if you haven't watched 56 Up or Samsara (the last two movies I watched), you should really check them out. 56 Up is the 8th in a series of films that follows regular British people in their lives every seven years. 56 Up is the latest and shows them when they're.. 56.

Samsara is a documentary that has no narrator and instead just uses music and the sounds of the scene. It's best described as Planet Earth, but for humans rather than animals and nature. A really beautiful film other than a few uncomfortable parts.

Last edited:

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
They are not.

But I thought you would be familiar with Poppy.
I know who Poppy is. She’s very surreal and strange. Not sure if she got a big turnout at the show, but she’s very popular with kids on YouTube. I only know of her because one of my friend’s sisters was really into her for a little over a year, and she told me all about her when I visited him at his parents’ place a while back.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Red Rocks is the best music venue on earth. God damn did Moe. ever put on a show. I had barely listened to the band before tonight, but left blown away.

It really is.

On more than one occasion I've been invited to a show during the summer to see a band I'm interested in. When I asked where it was, they responded Fidlers Green. I suddenly became "too tired" to see the show.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
It really is.

On more than one occasion I've been invited to a show during the summer to see a band I'm interested in. When I asked where it was, they responded Fidlers Green. I suddenly became "too tired" to see the show.
Fiddler's is an awful venue. I'll skip just about any tour that comes through there unless it's a truly once in a lifetime event.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Fiddler's is an awful venue. I'll skip just about any tour that comes through there unless it's a truly once in a lifetime event.

Fiddler's really is the worst. On top of the garbage acoustics (and the noise ordnance), it's got one of the worst-designed stages I've ever seen. Two giant pillars in front obstruct the view so badly if you happen to be in certain sections.

Reactions: McMetal

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
I gained a lot of respect for John Mayer last night. Dude is a killer guitar player and the Dead and Co were awesome. Time to hit the road and head to California for a little bit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad