OT: Avalounge: What happens in Vegas...

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
This thread title just makes me think of the community episode where Hawthorne Wipes become huge in the lgbtq community...

“Look at me now dad!”

Reactions: RockLobster

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
So I just asked Alexa how long a Kiwi lasts for...

She told me the average age of someone from New Zealand.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The Pig and Sprout probably has the best, most traditional sort of poutine in Denver.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Traditional poutine is good and all, but some of the fancy breakfast poutines I've had were mindblowing.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Anyone here watch GLOW on Netflix? I've been getting through Season 2 (which dropped on June 29) and damn...it's been a better season than S1!

I posted about it in its thread on the Entertainment sub, but the cast is so good together, primarily the "Big 3" of Allison Brie, Betty Gilpin, and Marc Maron. I feel it's worth noting to call out Maron because what he's doing in his role is just...good. Brie and Gilpin are great, for sure, but you would expect talented actresses to be good (Maron is just a comic, not really known for acting).

I'm only on Episode 8 now (of 10), but I'm excited to see where the rest of the season goes and what they have planned for a Season 3.

Reactions: cgf

member 116861

Anyone here watch GLOW on Netflix? I've been getting through Season 2 (which dropped on June 29) and damn...it's been a better season than S1!

I posted about it in its thread on the Entertainment sub, but the cast is so good together, primarily the "Big 3" of Allison Brie, Betty Gilpin, and Marc Maron. I feel it's worth noting to call out Maron because what he's doing in his role is just...good. Brie and Gilpin are great, for sure, but you would expect talented actresses to be good (Maron is just a comic, not really known for acting).

I'm only on Episode 8 now (of 10), but I'm excited to see where the rest of the season goes and what they have planned for a Season 3.

I enjoy it because it is pretty entertaining. If I'm being completely honest, I find it insulting to wrestlers. We have guys and gals working their asses off for $30 and maybe just maybe you get a tryout with a bigger company. So you can continuing wearing down your body by training with them where you have a 10% chance of making it. They make wrestling look so easy and I find that insulting to my fellow hard working wrestlers.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I started GLOW, but haven't got going because as you may remember I asked about shows that have short episodes that don't require commitment or thinking and I found the perfect show: Brooklyn Nine-Nine. I don't know why I'm always hooked on the complete time-wasters. I guess that's what I mostly look for in TV shows.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I enjoy it because it is pretty entertaining. If I'm being completely honest, I find it insulting to wrestlers. We have guys and gals working their asses off for $30 and maybe just maybe you get a tryout with a bigger company. So you can continuing wearing down your body by training with them where you have a 10% chance of making it. They make wrestling look so easy and I find that insulting to my fellow hard working wrestlers.

I mean I see where you're coming from, but it's a half-hour dramatization of the real life GLOW from the 1980's (of course I know you already know that). As someone who used to watch quite a bit of wrestling, I don't really take an issue with it, because when I watch it, it's not about their wrestling personas (to me), it's about the people behind it.

That said, I can see what you're talking about, but I guess I feel that even though all-things wrestling is still a focal point of the series, it tends to take a backseat to everything else.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I started GLOW, but haven't got going because as you may remember I asked about shows that have short episodes that don't require commitment or thinking and I found the perfect show: Brooklyn Nine-Nine. I don't know why I'm always hooked on the complete time-wasters. I guess that's what I mostly look for in TV shows.

B99 is not a time-waster. That show is legit.

AstonishingEarlyHornet-size_restricted.gif

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Wife and I finally started GLOW ourselves, not bad but geez, get to the wrasslin' already.

I love that Alison Brie's awkward sex scene in ep1 was with her old Mad Men castmate. :laugh: Not the first time they've teamed up.

WARNING: NSFW language

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

I also meant to say that for this season I thought Kia Stevens (Awesome Kong) was just absolutely tremendous. So much so that I think it'd be a shame if this ends up being the only acting she does as I think she could have a real future.

Reactions: BrickAHL

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Poutine is great. It’s no donair but it’s pretty damn good.

Also don’t try and tell me Gyro’s are better than Donairs. Donair sauce >>> Tzatziki AINEC

Reactions: Foppberg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad