Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I'd go see Carly Rae Jepsen in concert.

Her, Halsey, and Taylor Swift.

That would be a damn good show.

But I'd only go if I had awesome seats.

I don't like going if I can't make eye contact with the artists, read their tats, etc.

Reactions: PAZ and BrickAHL

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Gonna avoid the "who has the worst taste in music: argument, as I feel many would vote for me if my preferences were more widely known.

Concerning phones, I am a fan of my Samsung J7 Prime for the most part. Getting service on it was iffy when I was in the states over summer, but that is because mine is a Asia version, and uses different specific frequencies (or so I was told by the nice folks at ATT, Cricket, Verizon and...one other). Also, I would prefer they have not sietched the screen to TFT from the OLED display on the previous J7 I had. But it has plenty of power more my needs, is not too big to thumb reach most of the screen, and good battery life. I do kind of miss some of the features of a flagship range phone...but not too much, as I have never had one. Next phone I get I would like it to have IP68, and more sensors. I am leaning A8 for my next one, as I doubt I can talk myself into dropping $800 for a S9. Might look into other brands as well. Always liked the idea of OnePlus, and Xiaomi and Oppo are pretty big here. Was a fan of Motorolas before I moved...but they have zero presence in Asia. And I could be talked into a Huawei, LG, Razer, etc.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
People are too harsh on musical tastes. I've listened to every genre out there and don't mind any of them when it's a good song.

Anyone else here believe in predestination? I had a lengthy discussion with my psychologist squeeze on this recently, was interesting. I personally do.

Last edited:

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
People are too harsh on musical tastes. I've listened to every genre out there and don't mind any of them when it's a good song.

Anyone else here believe in predestination? I had a lengthy discussion with my psychologist squeeze on this recently, was interesting. I personally do.

If you're talking about the predestination they used to talk about in church around the time of the Reformation, hell no.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC

Ya not sure what you mean either, if you were talking to a psychologist do you mean something like pre-determined events?

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Predestination is a philosophy that only appeals to successful people. For someone like me, it's not very appealing to say that I was destined specifically to be a giant loser and be miserable about it.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Predestination is a philosophy that only appeals to successful people. For someone like me, it's not very appealing to say that I was destined specifically to be a giant loser and be miserable about it.

I think it's more than that. What's happening in your current situation doesn't mean it translates to later on in life. If you're miserable right now, it doesn't mean you're destined to be miserable - it simply means that it's happening for a reason (i.e. to help growth, fortitude, etc).

I personally don't believe it, simply because for me to wrap my head around the theory of predestination it means I have to believe there's some sort of higher-being that sets a course for each individual being, which I don't believe in the slightest.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I personally don't believe it, simply because for me to wrap my head around the theory of predestination it means I have to believe there's some sort of higher-being that sets a course for each individual being, which I don't believe in the slightest.
Right. Predetermined by who and why? Nope. Predetermined to an extent due to social and other factors, kinda, but that’s not predetermination.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I decided that I needed to go away from work so I'm taking a trip to Denver next Wednesday (the 22nd) and leave the next Monday. I've never been. Managed to get a hotel stay for free in Cherry Creek.

I'm a fan of beer, museums, live music, and am starting to get in to hiking. Uber and Lyft will probably be my main means of transportation. Other than the Rockies game on Wednesday, I don't have anything planned. I'll likely wing it.

Any good breakfast diner suggestions? And what should I avoid?

1o8i4d.jpg

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Right. Predetermined by who and why? Nope. Predetermined to an extent due to social and other factors, kinda, but that’s not predetermination.

No who, what. I don't think everything is pure chaos, there's a reason people can map out billions of years of how the universe will unfold.

The reason I feel this way is because I never told myself I wanted to do what I'm doing. At every key moment in my life I basically fell ass backwards into it. My low points led to high points and life lessons. My near complete financial destruction taught me how to manage money and grind for success. And at no point have I ever been in a situation I would describe as hopeless, there's always a silver lining and a way out.

Shrink of course thought it was nonsense. But I find a strange sense of confidence in it. Of course, I choose what to eat for the most part. But I can sit here and know in 5, 10, 20 years I'll be right where I'm supposed to be within this cosmic order. Not because of a God or intentional divine guidance.

Some have said before that's not predestination but just me making the best out of the hand I was dealt. Perhaps. But I do feel often where I ended up was more coincidences or luck than decisions. Backed up by hard work in each situation.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
No who, what. I don't think everything is pure chaos, there's a reason people can map out billions of years of how the universe will unfold.

The reason I feel this way is because I never told myself I wanted to do what I'm doing. At every key moment in my life I basically fell ass backwards into it. My low points led to high points and life lessons. My near complete financial destruction taught me how to manage money and grind for success. And at no point have I ever been in a situation I would describe as hopeless, there's always a silver lining and a way out.

Shrink of course thought it was nonsense. But I find a strange sense of confidence in it. Of course, I choose what to eat for the most part. But I can sit here and know in 5, 10, 20 years I'll be right where I'm supposed to be within this cosmic order. Not because of a God or intentional divine guidance.

Some have said before that's not predestination but just me making the best out of the hand I was dealt. Perhaps. But I do feel often where I ended up was more coincidences or luck than decisions. Backed up by hard work in each situation.
That's not predestination, that's just you saying things.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
I haven’t been to the Cherry Creek area in a long while, so I’m not sure what they have around there specifically. I do know there are a lot of high-end restaurants and shops around the Cherry Creek mall, but I’m not sure which ones are good. There’s a burger joint around there called Cherry Cricket that’s pretty good, but that’s about it for my knowledge.

As for breakfast places, my favorite places to go are Snooze and Original Pancake House. Not sure how close the nearest one to you will be, but they’re both worth checking out, in my opinion. Especially OPH. That’s probably my favorite breakfast place in Denver right now.

I have no idea what you should avoid around the Cherry Creek area, to be honest. It’s a pretty wealthy part of town, so I doubt you’ll run into too much trouble. I don’t venture to downtown Denver all that often if I can help it since it’s not really my vibe down there, but you might enjoy it. There’s a lot to do and a lot of stuff to see. 16th St Mall is a pretty safe place. The River North area is supposed to be decent, too. Little Man Ice Cream is especially good, but I’m more partial to Bonnie Brae Ice Cream, which is right by the University of Denver.

Last edited:
Reactions: Randy Butternubs

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Damn, I haven't been to Denver in so long and now w/ the fiancee and kids I don't know when (or even if) I'll ever make it back there.

I have fond memories of going to games when I was younger, and hanging around Cherry Creek Mall, 16th St Mall, and just sort of wandering around the city. Back in the day before smartphones, but when we still had voice-GPS on phones, I was on I-25 and was trying to get to FSC to watch a practice (which ended up being cancelled that day or something) my GPS told me to get off on Arapahoe Rd. except it pronounced it as "Era-PEE-A-HOE Road"...funniest damn thing about that trip.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I'd go see Carly Rae Jepsen in concert.

Her, Halsey, and Taylor Swift.

That would be a damn good show.

But I'd only go if I had awesome seats.

I don't like going if I can't make eye contact with the artists, read their tats, etc.
Why are so many (north) American music venues filled with seats?

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

:laugh:

I haven't lived in CO for close to 10 years now, it's changed a lot.

If you're in Cherry Creek then there should be plenty of decent restaurants to check out. If the Cherry Cricket is still around you should try getting a burger there.

Other than that, head to the Denver Art Museum, the Denver Zoo, and if the Rox are in town, jump on the Light Rail and check out a game in Coors Field. Be warned, seats in the party deck area are fairly inexpensive and access to food/drink is super-easy, but you'll be surrounded by a bunch of drunk people who constantly get out of their seats to either get drinks or head to the bathroom.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad