GDT: Avalanche vs Wild @7:00PM MST 03/08/24 (Emergency Post TDL GDT) New players, new Avs?

What do we call him?

• Total voters

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I'm just trying to figure out who the Byram haters are. I certainly don't feel like I'm one, because I don't hate the player and wish him the very best. But also because I couldn't name a few Byram haters I'm worried that means I might be considered one.

Like Rounders? If you don't recognize the mark at the card table, you are the mark?

Reactions: McJedi

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Kovalenko just lost his 4th playoff game. His KHL career is over. Get on a plane kid. Meet the team in Calgary.
So Torpedo is eliminated?

NM…stupid question. If he lost the 4th playoff game, it means he’s eliminated

Last edited:

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
I'm just trying to figure out who the Byram haters are. I certainly don't feel like I'm one, because I don't hate the player and wish him the very best. But also because I couldn't name a few Byram haters I'm worried that means I might be considered one.
Not sure who’s hating on Byram. It’s not a secret he’s having a rough year. I would love to keep him and trade Girard instead but no way Buffalo takes him for Mittelstadt.

In a redraft I still take Byram in 2019 because who knows if we win the cup without him.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Not sure who’s hating on Byram. It’s not a secret he’s having a rough year. I would love to keep him and trade Girard instead but no way Buffalo takes him for Mittelstadt.

In a redraft I still take Byram in 2019 because who knows if we win the cup without him.
Mo Seider is having a dreadful season. His second such down season in a row.

Takes time for defenders to develop. Avs didn’t have that time. And their injuries, AWOL players and lousy offseason moves (RyJo and Colton to a lesser extent) left Byram with crappy teammates most night. It dragged him down.

Could say the same for Seider too. He plays with his own JJ/Manson. Doesn’t work for him either.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Yep, at the very least it was a shot across the bow

IMG_4080.gif

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
TV must have made him look better. Live, he looked completely lost out there. He was slow to the puck and lost his defensive assignment quite often. Got a little better as the game went on but created zero offense and those draw stats seemed incorrect to me, felt like he lost a lot more than he won. At times really reminded me of ok games from Johansen. Nothing that surprising for a new team but it needs to improve fast. Trenin and Duhaime sure looked more ready to contribute.
TO ME, it looked like he was gonna cry about being traded. Looked like he had been traded to some bottom dweller. From a 50,000 foot view winning a Stanley cup is not on the top of his list of things he wants to do(in comparison to cogs) he doesn’t play with any grit. Just feels like he is more concerned about his girlfriend, losing all his friends. Like someone kicked his dog.. I WASNT IMPRESSED AT ALL. Just my initial observations

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
TO ME, it looked like he was gonna cry about being traded. Looked like he had been traded to some bottom dweller. From a 50,000 foot view winning a Stanley cup is not on the top of his list of things he wants to do(in comparison to cogs) he doesn’t play with any grit. Just feels like he is more concerned about his girlfriend, losing all his friends. Like someone kicked his dog.. I WASNT IMPRESSED AT ALL. Just my initial observations

Agreed. He looked like his soul left his body. As my mind reflects more on this trade I can't but feel that we just acquired MittelJost. They play an eerily similar game as well.

• Haha
Reactions: The Moops

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
These aren't observations. You're playing armchair psychologist and the only material you have is an impromptu post-trade interview the day after the trade. Literally none of what you just said was an observation on his actual play (looks sad, looks like he doesnt want a cup, no grit, more concerned about this, that, and the other).

Reactions: SirLoinOfCloth

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Agreed. He looked like his soul left his body. As my mind reflects more on this trade I can't but feel that we just acquired MittelJost. They play an eerily similar game as well.
I’m gonna give him time on his play. I know it’s gonna take time, possibly even into next season. I just wasn’t impressed with his disposition, like he cared more about everything else but hockey. Just didn’t seem winning was a big deal to him

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
These aren't observations. You're playing armchair psychologist and the only material you have is an impromptu post-trade interview the day after the trade. Literally none of what you just said was an observation on his actual play (looks sad, looks like he doesnt want a cup, no grit, more concerned about this, that, and the other).
Read my next post bud

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
lol I never said you couldn't say dumb things. Go wild man! A lot more crazy stuff has been said in the past 24 hours than this
Do you feel better yet?

I remember a lot of you mocking me early this season as well when I said georgiev sucks

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00