GDT: Avalanche vs Stars 4/7/24 @ 8:00PM MNT (Emergency GDT) We need the points. Just win!

How many goals will Georgiev let in tonight?

• 4giev

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • 4giev? more like 5giev

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • it's obviously 6eorgiev from here on out.

Votes: 18 33.3%
  • God help us it's more than 6eorgiev.

Votes: 19 35.2%

• Total voters

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
True. Our whole D was nuts yesterday....

But thats what you get when your starter is totally out of shape and the D knowing that every single mistake will very well end up in net.....

A classic downward spirale.....

Take that and the fact the Makar seems not to be by himself, which affects Toews... And when your No. 1 pair is not capable of holding the fort, you are in trouble when your 2nd pair is Manson and Girard. Wasting Walker on the 3rd pair isnt a great idea either.

This D is a moving D that jumpts into attack whenever they can. They are not supposed to shield their goalie all game long.

Talking about Kuemper: Yeah, he was no Patrick Roy, but he made those saves when needed ans wasnt unreliable. I mean, Franky stole the show, but Kuemper gave us just enough to win that damn thing.

Kuemper and Franky were way above our current tandem. Thats a fact and the world we are living in. We had the chance to grab another Goalie at the TDL and Cmac decided not to do it.

I really fear this decision could be our brackbreaker this year if Georgiev doesnt get his shit together.....
What's the point of grabbing another goalie at the TDL if Bedar won't even play the guy who's clearly been better? It's not like Bednar would play whoever we got anyways.

Reactions: LOFIN

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
The team seems uninspired playing in front of him.
They haven't played "Inspired" in front of either goalie for a full 60 in nearly 2 weeks. They didn’t play Inspired in front of Cheeks vs Montreal, Columbus, or Minnesota. I can only think of a few times lately where it looked like they even truely gave a crap. The last 30 min. vs. Preds. The 1st period vs Minny, and the last 23 min. + OT vs. Pens. The only game in the last 2 weeks you could argue they played hard for most of the game was probably vs the Rangers.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
What's the point of grabbing another goalie at the TDL if Bedar won't even play the guy who's clearly been better? It's not like Bednar would play whoever we got anyways.
Agreed. There would have been no point in wasting resources on a goalie, when coach refuses to play anyone other than George. Even after countless unacceptable performances and with the other guy playing well basically every time he goes out. Last I checked the both play in front of the same team, one performs fine, the other is f***ing terrible.

Bednar seems adamant that he is tying himself to George, that's an odd ship to tie yourself to. Personally I wouldn't want to be tied to a ship that had massive holes and was already 90% underwater, but to each their own. I guess it's possible that somehow that ship rises, but it doesn't seem super likely.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Last week of the season will be a good benchmark for where the Jets are with games against Nashville, Dallas, Colorado, and Vancouver.

Kyle Connor scares you? Team worst -9 hmmmm and defense is a strength not weakness....Jets are good at keeping the puck out of the net...scoring is their problem. Aren't they 2-0 vs Colorado this year?
2-0, and both were complete ass kickings. Avs v. Jets is a horrible matchup for Colorado. Probably the worst of the 7 playoff teams. The team you've seen the last 2 weeks won't win 2 games vs. Winnipeg

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
I think it's a chicken and the egg thing going on with the D/G

Is the D playing like garbage because they're overcompensating and panicking because of 6eorgiev?

Or is 4giev being a sieve because the D is playing so poorly in front of him?

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
True. Our whole D was nuts yesterday....

But thats what you get when your starter is totally out of shape and the D knowing that every single mistake will very well end up in net.....

A classic downward spirale.....

Take that and the fact the Makar seems not to be by himself, which affects Toews... And when your No. 1 pair is not capable of holding the fort, you are in trouble when your 2nd pair is Manson and Girard. Wasting Walker on the 3rd pair isnt a great idea either.

This D is a moving D that jumpts into attack whenever they can. They are not supposed to shield their goalie all game long.

Talking about Kuemper: Yeah, he was no Patrick Roy, but he made those saves when needed ans wasnt unreliable. I mean, Franky stole the show, but Kuemper gave us just enough to win that damn thing.

Kuemper and Franky were way above our current tandem. Thats a fact and the world we are living in. We had the chance to grab another Goalie at the TDL and Cmac decided not to do it.

I really fear this decision could be our brackbreaker this year if Georgiev doesnt get his shit together.....
Replace Walker with Byram and its the same thing that's been said the entire season.

Makar trash. Georgie can't stop a beach ball. Girard and Manson inconsistent at best.

The defense was always overrated. And the team is missing that Swiss army knife glue forward who can play up and down the lineup at any position. A certain JT f***ing Compher.

And this team is not going to win another cup again. Getting out of the first round is going to be our cup as a fan base for the next 5 years.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I think it's a chicken and the egg thing going on with the D/G

Is the D playing like garbage because they're overcompensating and panicking because of 6eorgiev?

Or is 4giev being a sieve because the D is playing so poorly in front of him?
Personally I lean toward George is playing so bad it's hard to play in front of him.

Reactions: davpower

RampoSanta

Landy was not offside
Apr 1, 2021
Colorado
I didnt like Georgie's last 2 goals but those defensive breakdowns in the first half the game could have easily been 5 GA.... prior to the terrible PK work

Reactions: SirLoinOfCloth

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Alot of people defending George in other spaces. I get it, but defensive break downs happen both ways. The difference is other goalies make saves on breakdowns. You know... their job. Georgiev might be the most deflating goalie I've ever watched. You know he's got everything he needs to be good enough. But he f***ing sucks.

Reactions: chet1926

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Calma calma. Spot the difference:

Screenshot_20240408-184134.png

Screenshot_20240408-184248.png

We are following pattern of winning the Stanley Cup. We are peak losing at the right time.

2021-2022 Vs 2022-2023

AvBuff

May 1, 2019
I'm gonna take the "glass half full" approach and assume the Avs simply want the playoffs to start. These guys have been there, done that and these games - while kind of important - are simply warm up acts for the big show. Maybe I'm whistling past the graveyard. But the Avs went on a serious 9 game win streak last month - including some tough hombres on the road.. Wasn't gonna last.

Hold off Winnipeg and just don't get hurt in the next week. AG was far from great last night, but he wasn't the only problem..

Avs just looked a little tired and disinterested. We'll see if they can flip the switch.

Last edited:

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
I'm gonna take the "glass half full" approach and assume the Avs simply want the playoffs to start. These guys have been there, done that and these games - while kind of important - are simply warm up acts for the big show.

Hold off Winnipeg and just don't get hurt in the next week. AG was far from great last night, but he wasn't the only problem..

Avs just looked a little tired and disinterested. We'll see if they can flip the switch.
I’m not that worried about the team. Fourgiev though is a big concern.

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
Alot of people defending George in other spaces. I get it, but defensive break downs happen both ways. The difference is other goalies make saves on breakdowns. You know... their job. Georgiev might be the most deflating goalie I've ever watched. You know he's got everything he needs to be good enough. But he f***ing sucks.
Oettinger was a sieve at times last night, we just failed to throw enough rubber at him. Too many fancy passes, no killer instinct from our best shooters.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Exactly this. It's his f***ing job to bail out defensive breakdowns and just make a save. Other goalies do it on a routine basis. George is consistently struggling to even make the saves he should have.

Otter did last night. In the final 3 mins he a an excellent save on Lehk and another on Mitts on "defensive breakdowns" so to speak. But no one talks about those defensive breakdowns because the goalie made a save. Hell the save on Lehk was almost identical, if not more dangerous, to the one George let Seguin score on the PP in 2nd. It's the little things like that that tilt the game on way or another.

Oettinger was a sieve at times last night, we just failed to throw enough rubber at him. Too many fancy passes, no killer instinct from our best shooters.
He made big saves when he needed them, really all that matters.

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
You can also add a secondary assist to Girard on the first goal. It was his bad pass that started the whole sequence.

6eorgiev wasn't great, but the Avs as a whole were a total disaster defensively.
They have to get Makar off the pk. It seems the more he’s focused on his defence, the worse he’s becoming as a dman

Reactions: Hesher

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad