GDT: Avalanche vs Stars 4/7/24 @ 8:00PM MNT (Emergency GDT) We need the points. Just win!

How many goals will Georgiev let in tonight?

• 4giev

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • 4giev? more like 5giev

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • it's obviously 6eorgiev from here on out.

Votes: 18 33.3%
  • God help us it's more than 6eorgiev.

Votes: 19 35.2%

• Total voters

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
There is definitely something a miss with Makar’s skating. It’s interesting… because it’s almost unnoticeable at times. Especially when he’s already built up steam.

Short area pushing off isn’t right though. The explosiveness is not where it usually is at.

It is what it is at this point. He’s still a hell of a player, even with the limitations. He’s getting by more with his mind this season.

What areas has this been causing him problems though? It's not a factor in the coverage mistakes or unforced turnovers, and these are the main issues he's had this year.

IMO his mind is what's been causing those, whether distraction from the pain of an injury, or something else, it's his decision making that's been the problem, not a mobility issue.

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
What areas has this been causing him problems though? It's not a factor in the coverage mistakes or unforced turnovers, and these are the main issues he's had this year.

IMO his mind is what's been causing those, whether distraction from the pain of an injury, or something else, it's his decision making that's been the problem, not a mobility issue.

I think it affects everything he can do, tbh.

He can’t explode as well off the wall with the puck, he can’t explode from a stop to start as effectively in the defensive zone, he can’t explode as well to hit players along the boards.

I think his inability to explode as well affects the way he has to play and that’s where sometimes you see mistakes. He’s had to evolve with whatever it is that’s causing the issue.

His hockey IQ is really what’s been saving him this year.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I think it affects everything he can do, tbh.

He can’t explode as well off the wall with the puck, he can’t explode from a stop to start as effectively in the defensive zone, he can’t explode as well to hit players along the boards.

I think his inability to explode as well affects the way he has to play and that’s where sometimes you see mistakes. He’s had to evolve with whatever it is that’s causing the issue.

His hockey IQ is really what’s been saving him this year.

But the main area this would affect is his transition game, and we haven't really seen that. Outside of unforced turnvoers, his transition game has been fine IMO.

From what I've seen this year, it's more the coverage mistakes that happen when he's relatively stationary in the D zone and leaves a guy open, or the unforced giveaways on poor passes, or his drop in shooting accuracy.

Reactions: Avsfan1921

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
They miss Nuke. The real thermonuclear Nuke. He's been missing since the last LBI. Heck, the last intervention.

The exception being a rare game here or there.

W/O a fully functioning, devastating Nichuskin, there is no victory.
Gonna make me cry. Have seen this too. Not the same nuclear fission Nuke-ster.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I think Bednar is intrigued by Georgiev’s potential, because he can be very good. His athleticism is top tier. So, he’s determined to hang in there with him.

I find it a bit funny the double standard he has with the two goalies. He babies Georgiev and after the Minni game he said he didn’t like one of the goals Annunen gave up on a night where he stopped 44 of 46 shots. Georgiev is routinely shit and gets praised for being ‘great’ in this game.
It's frustrating the hell out of me. He's not calm, steady and confident in net. The 1st Minny goal was in part the result of George pushing off too far and going beyond his right post. Then he had to scramble back.

There were numerous times against the Wild where better teams with better scorers would have picked George clean. Usually on a rebound or a back door opportunity. When he gets desperate, he's flails about. Not a good sign.

Right now, Georgiev is clearly the Avalanche's achilles heel.

He had a burst at the end. That would have been sweet. Was focused on him, hoping he might have a breakout reward or two..
I think it's coming.....

Reactions: drhiii

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad