GDT: Avalanche vs Predators 11/20/23 (Emergency GDT) It's hunting season.

Best Leonardo DiCaprio movie?

• Titanic

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • The man in the iron mask

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Catch me if you can

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • Gang's of New York

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The Departed

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • Django unchained

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • The wolf of wall street

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • The Revenant

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Other (He's in a lot of stuff!) comment below

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Inception

Votes: 3 5.4%

• Total voters

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
The team sat back the entire period, left Georgiev out to dry and the Preds scored 2 goals in the last minute.
Georgiev was aggressively playing and moving the puck. I don't think he's very good at it and it seems that when ever he plays that way, bad things (overall) happen.

Really hoping someone is healthy scratched or traded before the next game. I'm beyond pissed off at this shit.
I don't think it's going to happen this close to Thanksgiving. Probably the week or 1/2 afterwards....

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
How the hell do you lose that against that team?

Two things.

1. Byram is becoming Dumba 2.0, I was not his biggest fan during the draft and I said one of the main reasons why is because a lot of offence he was able to do in juniors would not work against the pros. You're seeing it now, he's still very talented, but he forces the offence too much while taking a ton of risks instead of letting it come to him with zero defensive ability.

2. Is MacKinnon dealing with personal life issues because he mentally looks completely gone? There have been so many controller disconnects per game by him in the last month. Georgiev's problems are clearly all mental, he got ringed in a couple of games and now he's really fighting it.

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO
Also a special shoutout to Ryan Johansen, who, unsurprisingly, did absolutely jack shit at even strength once again. One total shot attempt and couldn't even accomplish the single thing he's useful for, losing 7 of 10 on the draw. What a homecoming for a guy who is quickly becoming one of the worst 2C's in the entire league, if he isn't already.
I'm ready to shoot him to the moon. At the game tonight, the Preds had a "highlight" or remembrance video. It was like 4 clips of him being goofy and 2 clips of him standing still scoring goals. Their crowd doesn't even remember him. Good riddance.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
When Avs win, they usually win with style, why not lose with style too? What’s wrong with that. Loss is a loss, might as well lose good and make it interesting

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Avs really need to get back to shooting as often as you can. It’s like the fighters that set up their opponent with jabs and leg kicks. Sometimes you just need to pepper them with some lighter stuff to create room. If the other team knows you’re always going for the tic tac toe play they are going to be ready for it

Reactions: GeoRox89

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
I'm ready to shoot him to the moon. At the game tonight, the Preds had a "highlight" or remembrance video. It was like 4 clips of him being goofy and 2 clips of him standing still scoring goals. Their crowd doesn't even remember him. Good riddance.
He's clearly lost a step when he was never a great skater in the first place...makes the pro scouts' decision to target him all the more perplexing. I had hope that he could find some semblance of his game in a high-powered offense, but he's clearly just an abysmal fit on top of having a glaring skill fall-off. If he remains the 2C the Avs are in trouble.

Last edited:

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Missed this one, I was way too busy at work trying to fit five days worth of tasks into the short 2.5 day work week. Big oof, what a painful way to lose a game, especially after such an uplifting performance on Saturday. This kind of loss will suck all the wind out of their sails, all because of a comical clownf*** of mistakes in your own zone in a game you're just trying to take to OT.

And why is it always f***ing Trenin? First Sissions, now it's this stone hands oaf who turns into Brett Hull every time he plays us.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
I don't believe the problem is them refusing to use teammates. Both are at their best when there is quick puck movement amongst all 5 skaters.

The problem seems to be how the Avs are attacking with them. Other teams are daring the Avs to use Nichushkin and to a lesser extent Rantanen coming up the ice instead of MacKinnon, because they know 29 is the most dangerous offensively.

Similar to the Oilers, where it seems like teams are just begging them to give the puck to whoever is on the wing and completely swarming Connor McDavid to ensure he doesn't touch the puck and if he does, there's 3 guys coming at him with speed to close off.

It will be interesting to see how the top guys attack this.
How will MacK attack this? More speeding into the zone 1 on 3. The occasional butthonhook followed by a give away. Or a low percentage shot. Floating in the D zone. Yelling in frustration and throwing his hands up in the air instead of getting back into the play.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I don't believe the problem is them refusing to use teammates. Both are at their best when there is quick puck movement amongst all 5 skaters.

The problem seems to be how the Avs are attacking with them. Other teams are daring the Avs to use Nichushkin and to a lesser extent Rantanen coming up the ice instead of MacKinnon, because they know 29 is the most dangerous offensively.

Similar to the Oilers, where it seems like teams are just begging them to give the puck to whoever is on the wing and completely swarming Connor McDavid to ensure he doesn't touch the puck and if he does, there's 3 guys coming at him with speed to close off.

It will be interesting to see how the top guys attack this.
The way to beat this extra coverage/pressure is for Mack to get rid of the puck quickly. The problem is that he tries to go through those 2-3 guys, or spins a few times until they they are completely on top of him and loses the puck, or he tries to pass but it is a high-risk play and a turnover happens. If he quickly makes the easy play instead you have 1 or 2 defenders out of position with the other side of the ice completely open. But for this to succeed he needs to react quickly and his teammates need to give him easy options.

Reactions: Jazzguitar

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Thats the most stupid loss this season so far....

This team still lacks consistency.... and a real 2C..... CMac gambled, and lost on this one again.... Its getting laughable at this point.

Elbombatzo

Oct 5, 2019
Erfurt
For all the justified criticism of guys like Byram, Gerogiev, RyjJo and Mackinnon, but can anyone tell me what brain fart Cale had on the last goal against?
He could have moved the puck left and right and probably not much would have happened but a straight shot/pass to the boards? And I know it was a rolling pass, but it looked like he still had time.

To me at least, we lost that game due to a defensive collapse of Cale (and yes I know that's not popular here).

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Thank goodness I missed this one lol Avs finding creative ways to lose games this season is something not even I expected. Every single Avs loss this season is worse than the last. Good teams dont blow games the way the Avs have been doing. I expect this garbage from the Oilers not the Avs. Cant even blame Georgiev tonight. The Avs still dont have a second line and Mackinnons houdini act to start this season is costing them games. Highest paid player in hockey playing like Derek Ryan. Nice.

Reactions: missionAvs

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Well I wish I could say that a night of sleep makes it better but it f***ing doesn't. I'm absolutely pissed off still. I need us a trade or a healthy scratch and yeah, I know neither is likely to happen. Byram's gotta go. Dude sucks and we need to distribute more talent to the top 6.

On another note, I hope G is ok, hate seeing guys out for family reasons.

Reactions: GeoRox89

crusen86

Jun 6, 2006
But you know what... Cale Makar 3 assists, 27 points in 17 games and as of right now just 1 points back of Hughes with 1.5 games in hand and currently on pace for 130 points so f*** it, might as well celebrate Cale points instead of Ws these days.
Despite this, is it just me or is he still not looking quite right?

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
For all the justified criticism of guys like Byram, Gerogiev, RyjJo and Mackinnon, but can anyone tell me what brain fart Cale had on the last goal against?
He could have moved the puck left and right and probably not much would have happened but a straight shot/pass to the boards? And I know it was a rolling pass, but it looked like he still had time.

To me at least, we lost that game due to a defensive collapse of Cale (and yes I know that's not popular here).

Yeah. That was a rough and costly gaffe by Cale and you’re right that he will likely get a pass for what was more or less an own goal. Everyone else will be blamed first. The echo chamber pointed at MacKinnon has already started so that Cale can be spared.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Mehhhh. Whatever. One game. We let up way too much in the third and they tasted blood. This game is not indicative of anything other than you can't let up during NHL games. Play to the last whistle. Poor George as this one was not on him. He tried his damnedest but everyone went to the locker room 10 minutes early. Sometimes you have to lose a game like this to remind yourself that a 2 goal lead can evaporate in seconds.

On to the next one. Go Avs.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

I watched it like 10 times.

The puck jumped over Makar's stick then he got in a race and got there first (barely) but had problem handling it so he tried to push it behind the net. Bad bounce and it came back in front of the net.

JJ then inexplicably switched side and left his guy alone, who scored the goal.

Last edited:
Reactions: niwotsblessing

NMAvsman

Jan 28, 2007
Nuke has been the best player on his line last few games. I want to see Mack and Rantanen separated.
Yeah, they wait for each other to make a move or a play and one or theother begins watching. Nuke was easily our best forward last night. MacK is struggling, and Rants looks disinterested. Cale is gathering apples, but his play has had more suspect moments this year.... think he is going for homerun plays to get the transition going and more are going wrong compared to in years past.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad