GDT: Avalanche vs Penguins | 12 PM MT | Annunen's Descent into the Netherworld

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
This is what happens when a team can ice 4 reasonable lines. Certain folks in another thread dedicated to a large antlered mammal seem to think that this team can win cups with 4 stars and zero depth. This team needs a $6M 2C. Now we have one. We finally have a 3rd line when LOC gets back. He is the key to the Roaring 20s. But Trenin / Duhaime / Cogs ( of conceivably Kovalenko is better than anything the Avs have iced in probably a decade. 4 of those 5 deserve / will demand more than league minimum. And, no, CMac can't just pick up perfectly fitting pieces each TDL.

If only there was a manner to trade away a single player, yet clear room for Mitts, Drouin ( simply a MUST re-sign) Trenin and Duhaime. Depth wins cups almost always. The last time the team was this deep, Sakic was lacing them up.
Sean Walker.

Started the comeback, then rang iron before Duhaime's goal. We need to keep him, too.

Talented depth is key.

JustPenalties

Jan 17, 2024
If the Avs could ever figure out the start of games they'd be one hell of a tough team to deal with. The fact that we win games that we are down 2 or 3 or even 4 I guess, is mind blowing.

It'd be much nicer if is we just played from the get go instead.

Our depth and 29/27 combo won us that game. Depth guys scored 2 huge goals late in the 2nd. Then 29/27 took over the 3rd and OT.

Disappointing games from the usual suspects 96, 8 and 40 were all hot garbage.
Imagine how many points Avs would have if they had a legit starting goalie this whole season.. that consired it is looking pretty good. Georgiev has been a bit better lately, but I still see No reason to play him as much as he has been playing. With Annunen avs probably wouldnt have lost more games and I would argue that Georgiev would be playing better with few less starts.. He has like 1 or 2 starts less than Saros and I see no reason for that.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Oilers fans losing their minds right now lmao.

I creep their board often for the lulz. They're like a bunch of teenage girls riddled with insecurities.

Every single time MacKinnon does something good they jump to shit on him. It really is the best compliment they could give him.

• Haha
Reactions: Linds

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
I creep their board often for the lulz. They're like a bunch of teenage girls riddled with insecurities.

Every single time MacKinnon does something good they jump to shit on him. It really is the best compliment they could give him.
Easily the most douchebag fan base in hockey. I really wish the NHL went to a real playoff format of 1-8 so Edmonton never makes it out of the first round.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
I am betting that Justus will be the starter by game 2 or 3 of the 1st round.
I think you need to give Justus the majority - like 8 of 11 - of the last stretch of games. First it gets Justus ready with a large stretch of games like he’s never done in the NHL before. Second, it gives George time to rest and hopefully reset.

Reactions: AvsWraith

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
I think you need to give Justus the majority - like 8 of 11 - of the last stretch of games. First it gets Justus ready with a large stretch of games like he’s never done in the NHL before. Second, it gives George time to rest and hopefully reset.
I feel like we are primed for another playoff run with suspect goaltending. Can lighting strike twice?

Reactions: Gatorbait19

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
IMG_5819.jpeg

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Man I have to say, as much as I am loving the MittelJost addition, I would have traded double the package for Crosby. They guy's still got it and we would have had the best center depth in the league with him playing sidekick to MacK or vice versa. Two first lines.

Reactions: xAvsx89

UnkleKraker

May 31, 2007
Washington State
Thought exactly the same. Before that, it looked it might be one of those games with no puck luck despite all the effort. But once Walker scored, i knew more goals were on the way. Was awesome. Good on Drouin.

BTW, anyone has issues with the site or its just my computer acting up? Slow page loading, sometimes that cloudflare error...
It is terrible. Whoever designed this forum software should go back to giving handies at the dumpster behind Wendy's.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Regardless of the Art Ross winner, which IMO could go to any of the top 3 right now just depending on how the season breaks down, Mack should still win the Hart. Especially if he ties or breaks that home point record.

The 2x 18 game point streak thing too. Just consistently throughout the year he's been the best in the league. I also love how it just irritates Tampa and Oiler fans. At this point I'm sure Mack cares more about another cup.

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
Regardless of the Art Ross winner, which IMO could go to any of the top 3 right now just depending on how the season breaks down, Mack should still win the Hart. Especially if he ties or breaks that home point record.

The 2x 18 game point streak thing too. Just consistently throughout the year he's been the best in the league. I also love how it just irritates Tampa and Oiler fans. At this point I'm sure Mack cares more about another cup.
Meh, there hasn’t been a more important player to their team this year than kuch. No other player deserves it more this year and it would be a crime to see it go to someone else. I’d rather they get the awards right and try to instill/restore the integrity of winning these awards. Hopefully Mack takes the conn smyth as a consolation prize.

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
I think by definition of the award, it might be Kucherov, but no GM is taking Kuch over MacKinnon. I’m not even talking about position, Kucherov flat out isn’t as good of a player.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Bolts can barely score a goal without Kucherov getting on the board for it. IMO it has to be him followed closely by MacK-McJesus.

Reactions: JLo217

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad