GDT: Avalanche vs Penguins | 12 PM MT | Annunen's Descent into the Netherworld

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Decided to go to this one on a whim, might be my last one of the regular season. Never in doubt for a second once that Walker goal went in, everything was tilted from that moment on. The best part was, the crowd never seemed to doubt it. I've definitely been to games where you could feel the fans just decide "Yeah, this one's over". Not today though.

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia
Decided to go to this one on a whim, might be my last one of the regular season. Never in doubt for a second once that Walker goal went in, everything was tilted from that moment on. The best part was, the crowd never seemed to doubt it. I've definitely been to games where you could feel the fans just decide "Yeah, this one's over". Not today though.
Thought exactly the same. Before that, it looked it might be one of those games with no puck luck despite all the effort. But once Walker scored, i knew more goals were on the way. Was awesome. Good on Drouin.

BTW, anyone has issues with the site or its just my computer acting up? Slow page loading, sometimes that cloudflare error...

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014

Nate calling Sid the best in the world was completely unsolicited. Nobody asked him about Sid, he just wanted to make it known. :laugh:

His intensity and fire would never lead you to believe it, but MacK is honestly so humble.

On another note, I loved Duhaime and Trenin in this game. Pro scouting staff knocked it out of the park on targeting those guys.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Nate calling Sid the best in the world was completely unsolicited. Nobody asked him about Sid, he just wanted to make it known. :laugh:

His intensity and fire would never lead you to believe it, but MacK is honestly so humble.

On another note, I loved Duhaime and Trenin in this game. Pro scouting staff knocked it out of the park on targeting those guys.

Our pro scouts are the best in the league.

Wish our amateur scouts were even half as good.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto

Obviously he is warming up Crosby to join the Avalanche. Either next summer or for the playoffs.

Let's face it, it would be amazing.

cinchronicity

Jan 16, 2021
Durango

This is what happens when a team can ice 4 reasonable lines. Certain folks in another thread dedicated to a large antlered mammal seem to think that this team can win cups with 4 stars and zero depth. This team needs a $6M 2C. Now we have one. We finally have a 3rd line when LOC gets back. He is the key to the Roaring 20s. But Trenin / Duhaime / Cogs ( of conceivably Kovalenko is better than anything the Avs have iced in probably a decade. 4 of those 5 deserve / will demand more than league minimum. And, no, CMac can't just pick up perfectly fitting pieces each TDL.

If only there was a manner to trade away a single player, yet clear room for Mitts, Drouin ( simply a MUST re-sign) Trenin and Duhaime. Depth wins cups almost always. The last time the team was this deep, Sakic was lacing them up.

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
This is what happens when a team can ice 4 reasonable lines. Certain folks in another thread dedicated to a large antlered mammal seem to think that this team can win cups with 4 stars and zero depth. This team needs a $6M 2C. Now we have one. We finally have a 3rd line when LOC gets back. He is the key to the Roaring 20s. But Trenin / Duhaime / Cogs ( of conceivably Kovalenko is better than anything the Avs have iced in probably a decade. 4 of those 5 deserve / will demand more than league minimum. And, no, CMac can't just pick up perfectly fitting pieces each TDL.

If only there was a manner to trade away a single player, yet clear room for Mitts, Drouin ( simply a MUST re-sign) Trenin and Duhaime. Depth wins cups almost always. The last time the team was this deep, Sakic was lacing them up.

Depth is key. Almost as important as your star players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad