GDT: Avalanche vs Ducks 12/05/23 7:00PM @ Ball Arena. Too many ducks. (Emergency GDT)

Cheese?

• What?

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Yes!

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Ew no!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cheeeeeeeeeese!!!!!

Votes: 15 65.2%

• Total voters

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Bednar's "comment" about Bo wasn't really a comment. They start asking about Bo, and Bedsy is shaking his head no before they even said Bo's name. The only words about he says is, "No. Upper body"

"So, it's not head related?"

"No. Upper body."
So basically it could be head related, he's just saying that he won't tell anything other than upper body.

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
That was the most I’ve seen from Tatar in a while. But holy f*** what is wrong with RyJo? Where did they find this f***ing guy?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Bednar's "comment" about Bo wasn't really a comment. They start asking about Bo, and Bedsy is shaking his head no before they even said Bo's name. The only words about he says is, "No. Upper body"

"So, it's not head related?"

"No. Upper body."

To be clear, he said it twice, and confirmed it wasn't head related.

Baugh - "Do you have any update on Byram and is it head related?"
Bednar - "No. Upper body."
Baugh - "Ok, but not head?"
Bednar - "No."

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
MacDermid's call wasn't a penalty at all, going up to a player and trash-talking in his face happens like 45 times a game. But because Carlsson is their "prime prospect," of course Duck players will come and defend him causing a scene. I thought it was a bush-league call by the ref. Kurtis doesn't do anything to him, just gets in his face. This isn't basketball where that would be a technical foul or a 15k fine by the NFL.
That whole series of events was a joke. Refs allow an 18 year old to take a swan dive worthy of an academy award after barely getting touched. Then our vet tough guy comes over and gives him a light shove to say what the f*** pathetic shit was that and don't ever pull that stunt again. Proceeds to get the entire Ducks team going after him gets shoved multiple times over by multiple Ducks players.

But then somehow the refs give the Ducks a 2 min 5v3 over a dive and few shoves in which both teams got shoves in. Game management at it's finest.

Last edited:
Reactions: ASmileyFace

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
To be clear, he said it twice, and confirmed it wasn't head related.

Baugh - "Do you have any update on Byram and is it head related?"
Bednar - "No. Upper body."
Baugh - "Ok, but not head?"
Bednar - "No."
Yeah but it sounded more like someone is trying to cover up a crime.

Did you kill your wife?

No I did not

Ok so you had nothing to do with your wife’s disappearance?

No!

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
That was the most I’ve seen from Tatar in a while. But holy f*** what is wrong with RyJo? Where did they find this f***ing guy?
RyJo's career is over IMO. Was slow to begin with and his production was getting worse, then had a major injury last year and isn't even playing at an NHL level now.

It should have been a major red flag that Nashville was willing to eat 4M and take basically nothing in return just to get him off the roster.

There was just so much JTC hate around here, which was completely unwarranted, that most put blinders on to how bad RyJo had become. Now we are seeing it live and it's ugly.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Yeah but it sounded more like someone is trying to cover up a crime.

Did you kill your wife?

No I did not

Ok so you had nothing to do with your wife’s disappearance?

No!

Baugh trying the interrogation tactic of asking the question a different way, to see if he slips up. :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: the_fan

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
RyJo's career is over IMO. Was slow to begin with and his production was getting worse, then had a major injury last year and isn't even playing at an NHL level now.

It should have been a major red flag that Nashville was willing to eat 4M and take basically nothing in return just to get him off the roster.

There was just so much JTC hate around here, which was completely unwarranted, that most put blinders on to how bad RyJo had become. Now we are seeing it live and it's ugly.
It absolutely was not unwarranted.

I guarantee you that RyJo will still get more than 2 points in a seven game series in the playoffs. And that will be without 23 minutes of ice time and getting offensive zone draws with MacK and Mikko.

F*** Compher. Even if RyJo fails here, It doesn't mean that POS was the answer either.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Baugh trying the interrogation tactic of asking the question a different way, to see if he slips up. :laugh:
I don’t think anyone can get through Bednar, even if they use CIA’s harsh interrogation techniques

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I don’t think anyone can get through Bednar, even if they use CIA’s harsh interrogation techniques

He's good, but he kind of gave away that he does indeed talk to the trainers after the game. He just knows he can't let concussion talk creep in with Bo if that's not the case.

Reactions: the_fan

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Reactions: sethro109

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
It absolutely was not unwarranted.

I guarantee you that RyJo will still get more than 2 points in a seven game series in the playoffs. And that will be without 23 minutes of ice time and getting offensive zone draws with MacK and Mikko.

F*** Compher. Even if RyJo fails here, It doesn't mean that POS was the answer either.
RyJo will be waived or benched long before the playoffs at this point.

He went from like 18+mins a night and PP1 at the start of the year, to barely 11 mins in an injury riddled lineup in 2 months. In 2 more months it will be nacho duty in favor of an AHL plug, because Bednar would rather play an AHL scrub than RyJo. And honestly the scrub journeyman is probably better at this point. At least they might hustle during their shift.

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019

Nah I still despise Compher too

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Not gonna lie I didn't mind Olausson all that much tonight.

And f*** me, he's got an absolute heater of a shot. When he came down the left side in the 3rd period and took a snap shot from the top of the circle, it was a laser headed right for Gibson's helmet and he barely shook it off.

The Olausson - Colton - Rantanen line got killed in possession numbers tonight so that's a negative. But he seemed to look ok at times offensively.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Didn't get to watch past the first period, but given all the injuries I'm perfectly happy with squeaking out a one goal win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad