GDT: Avalanche vs Capitals 01/24/24 @ 7:30PM MNT. (Emergency GDT)

Which is better?

• Hot dog no ketchup

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Hot dog with ketchup

Votes: 26 48.1%
  • Corndog

Votes: 13 24.1%

• Total voters

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
Rantanen’s like a slightly worse version of Draisaitl. They both look like shit for half of the game but somehow end up with 2-3 points.
I hope it never happens but I’d be pretty interested to see how Rantanen would play if he had to be the main guy on a team.

Last edited:
Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
Rantanen’s like a slightly worse version of Draisaitl. They both look like shit for half of the game but somehow end up with 2-3 points.
I hope it never happens but I’d be pretty interested to see how Rantanen would play if he had to be the main guy on a team.
He wouldn't have as many points without playing next to Mack. Mack's carried him this year quite a bit.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Even as a Finn I have been so mad at Rantanen so many times in the last two or three months.

The guy makes poor and lazy decisions all the time and still racks up points like a maniac. It's incredible. If he played with a drive he'd be unstoppable.
Yeah, I mean elite drive like MacK's is not something you decide to do if you want. Rants can be a top level player, but he can't be that player. That's like saying Zadorov would be Chara if he just was Chara. Or Fourgiev would be Twogiev if he just didn't let in bad goals.

avsfan2189

Jun 22, 2019
He wouldn't have as many points without playing next to Mack. Mack's carried him this year quite a bit.
couldnt we point to the stretch last year where he carried the team on a monster pace without mack and makar for periods of time?

Reactions: LOFIN

avsfan2189

Jun 22, 2019
Rants was fantastic last season, but this year he's just a little off. The puck just keeps sliding off his stick.
i agree, he's been horrible to watch. just weird how he can't stay consistent. makes me wonder if he's worth keeping in the next contract of 11+

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
He can do it for stetches but not cup winning if he was the best player.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
i agree, he's been horrible to watch. just weird how he can't stay consistent. makes me wonder if he's worth keeping in the next contract of 11+
He does stay consistent. That's why he scores a hundred points. All kinds of players score 40-50 points while being incredibly infuriating to watch. If Rantanen consistently scores 85+ points, who gives a shit how his effort looks on the ice.

NateTheGreat

Mar 19, 2012
Winnipeg
The biggest difference between last year Rants and this year for me is the heaviness in his shot. It seems like he’s lost a bit of timing on his one timers in addition to him not blowing pucks past goalies with ease. In the past, even if goalies were getting a piece of the puck it was still going in, this year not so much.

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
Jesus christ.

The guy is 4th in league scoring and you guys are slamming him.

You're all insane.

Rants was fantastic last season, but this year he's just a little off. The puck just keeps sliding off his stick.

Yes. The puck slides off his stick into the net.

Reactions: Avs91

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Jesus christ.

The guy is 4th in league scoring and you guys are slamming him.

You're all insane.

Yes. The puck slides off his stick into the net.
No one is slamming him, but I think it's more than fair to criticize his puck handling right now. It's obvious his vision, and play making ability is still one of the best in the league. It's just he's had issues carrying the puck this year.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
If anyone is curious...

I think a decent portion of the negative possession metrics are mitigated somewhat with score effects, because there were many times the Avs simply toyed with the Caps in the attacking zone when the top players were out.

The only guy I wasn't thrilled with at all (apart from MacDermid who was the worst player on the ice by several country miles) was Josh Manson. Fumbled with the puck way too many times, got caught out of position a few times, made some really bad pinches, etc. I always feel like there might be something he's playing through when I see games like this. When he's fully healthy and throwing his body around effectively the egregious mistakes show up less often.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Mikko makes both bad turnovers and also elite plays (shots, passes). He's not carried by Mack per se because he can turn a normal pass into a lethal shot or make amazing passes that create easy goals for Mack. He facilitates the conversion into goals of Mack's play driving. He can also kill offensive momentum with flubs and turnover. It's a kinda weird combo overall.

mackinnon29

Nov 24, 2017
great game to watch last night, Mack running over Wilson is must see tv lol the guy has been a freak all year… one guy who hasn’t Ovie. Father Time comes for all but man they must have someone dressed up as him and he’s home eating hotdogs or he’s ate too many. The guy looks cooked now. At the rate he’s going Gretzky’s record will stay intact

Reactions: niwotsblessing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad